Contest is over...congrats to depascal22!

joshingit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
246 (100%)
Congratulations to CAG depascal22! Expect a PM soon. Thanks for entering guys. Another contest will start up soon.

Contest # 2. Lacks originality, I know.

How to Enter: Post your favorite XBLA title, along with why.
Restrictions : One entry per person.
Ends : Randomly selected Sunday, Oct 12, 2008

What you'll get:
-1600 MS points card
-ONE new in box Castle Crashers Knight - It might be blue...it might not. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite XBLA game is Rez HD. I have played this game on PS2, it was great back then and it's even better on the 360. I was so excited when I found out that the game was coming to the 360 and in HD. The game is a fun and addicting experience no one should miss.

It's actually a tough choice between Castle Crashers and Geometry Wars 2. ................I'm going with Castle Crashers. It's such a fantastic game. The multiplayer is amazing, and the wife actually enjoys it as well, so that's a bonus.

my favorite xbla game is Caracasonne. it's a great strategy game and it's unique. it was easy to understand and play. i still play it once in awhile just for the heck of it.

I play castle crashers demo with my 3 brothers all the time and get mad when the demo end because i really want to buy it. Its the best in my opinion

Toss up between: Rez and Ikaruga, but Geo Wars 2 is rapidly closing in...

All three are great when you just get in the zone and the game just seems to flow naturally with a rhythm. Now if only we could get Radiant Silvergun...

Tough call between Mega Man 9 and Bionic Commando. I'll go with Mega Man 9, since I have a better chance of beating it once I get the time.

Why? I think Capcom did an impressive job of sucking me back into the days when I played Mega Man 2 more than anything else. Everything is pretty damn spot on. Instant classic is a cliche phrase, but I think it's applicable.

Rez.

I love the music in this game and the graphics enhancements from the Dreamcast version make it that much sweeter.

Braid by far. I don't have Castle Crasher so here would be a good place to try it out ;).

Braid just makes me think, but not too much. A perfect balance, just like Portal. At some parts it gets hard, but i've yet to look up an FAQ becuase when i finally figure it out, it's just that rewarding. And the fact that i haven't just looked up an FAQ really says something, trust me xD

Also, October 10 is Friday ;)

My favorite XBLA game is Castle Crashers, it is approachable, easy to learn but deep enough to keep you playing for days. Love the sense of humor and art design, as well as the soundtrack.

Lumines, i love the music and it never gets boring. I first played it on the PSP but i got addicted to it so i bought it on the 360 as well so i could play on my tv :p

Marble Blast Ultra.

It was the first 360 game I ever got. Well, actually, I also got Geometry Wars at the same time but played Marble Blast much more. It was one of the first games all my friends got, so playing online with them was a blast. I also loved all the single player levels, and ran through the beginner and medium levels quickly. I remember trying to beat the last level for so long. I gave up and didn't play it for awhile. About a year later I tried again. It took a week of practice but when I finally beat that level I was damn proud.

I'd have to say my favorite XBLA title is Galaga. I never really paid much attention to the game until my girlfriend said she loved it. I downloaded it, and after getting my ass whooped for a couple of days, I learned the patterns/strategies, and I fell in love :lol:. There are a lot of good games on the arcade (many of which I own), but none of them match simple, classic fun of Galaga.

Duke Nukem 3d - The reason being that I like FPS's and this one is an old classic with 8 player co-op action and that cool rewind feature now!

I am going to go with Geometry Wars 2. They took a great game and made it that much better. All the added modes and (all be it slightly) improved graphics add up to a great game.

TMNT Arcade

I loved playing the original arcade game at my local 7-11. Used to spend almost $5 a day playing it right after school. It's still fun after all these years.

Braid. The quality of the game's design and art made it worth the money. The length was perfect, not too short and not too long.

Castlevania SoTN. I never played it on the playstation, but I had always been a big fan of the GBA/DS games. When I finally got an Xbox 360 last Thanksgiving SoTN was the first XBLA game I got. I actually played it over my new xbox 360 games for like a week straight >.

My favorite XBLA is Pac-Man: Championship Edition because it maintains the charm of the original while updating it with a modern touch.

Probably Castle Crashers or Puzzle Quest. It's a hard decision. There are tons that I like. I've spent lots of time playing those two though, they're both addictive and Castle Crashers is fun as hell.

Puzzle Quest. Match-three games are inherently addicting, but PQ gave you some "reason" to continue matching.

My favorite XBLA game is Mega Man 9. Why? Because it friggin' owns, and It's "retro". Whowouldhavethunkit? Megaman 4 lyfe.

My favorite XBLA game would have to be Puzzle Quest, simply because I have wasted countless hours staring at that game in a near-dead daze, perhaps because of the caffeine, perhaps due to the late hours that game drew me into, having spent many a late night with it at 6 AM.

gotta go with Alien Hominid HD cause of its old school difficulty, its sense of humor, and great value for the pda and other mini games included in the package

Im gonna have to say N+. That game is awesome. The physics is just awesome and the ability to create your own levels is so sweet. i recommend getting it if u havent already

Braid is my favorite XBLA game bar none. It has vision, artistry and some sweet puzzle-platforming gameplay. It's atmosphere and story telling are some of the best I've ever experienced in a game. Plus the ending level is amazing!

Eets: Chowdown is my favorite because the puzzles are challenging, but can be done at my own pace.

Braid for sure. I heard a bunch of talk of this game so I downloaded the demo. What I came across was a beautifully crafted 2d platformer that made me think back to the original mario on the nes. That game made me love video games and with Braid it brings back memories and the driving point on why I still love to play games.

That figure is beyond awesome!

As for arcade game, I really liked Doom. They hardly changed anything and it is still really fun. Unfortunately, I can never find anyone online to play.

i love geometry wars because it's fun to pick up and just play when you're not owning ppl in call of duty 4.

bread's done
Back