Contra fans - what is your favorite weapon?

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
I'm asking what your all around favorite weapon is... as if you didn't know what was coming up around the corner, boss or otherwise, and you had your pick, what would you grab?

The catch - it's got to be something other than spread ;) (yes, this is what makes the question more challenging)

(Not going to make a poll, since I likely am not aware of some of the questionably-canon C games).

The homing missiles in 3

and all this Contra talk has forced me to pick up Shattered Soldier...on friday at the B2G1. maybe I can get lucky and find Contra 4 used as well :)

[quote name='Apossum']The homing missiles in 3

and all this Contra talk has forced me to pick up Shattered Soldier...on friday at the B2G1. maybe I can get lucky and find Contra 4 used as well :)[/QUOTE]

Used? Its only $30 bucks. Show developers we want good 2D games and just buy it! :D

[quote name='rodeojones903']Used? Its only $30 bucks. Show developers we want good 2D games and just buy it! :D[/QUOTE]

that's a good point. this is one of those games that should be supported...you've convinced me :)

why isn't shattered soldier 4? it's a legit Contra game...

one stage is played while you grasp onto a speeding missile with one hand and shoot with the other. that's probably the best thing ever.

Spread obviously comes first. But the fire (from Contra III, I think) that you can swing around like crazy is not half bad either.

[quote name='daroga']Fire and Laser fully powered up in 4 are both quality.[/quote]

Hm... question... when you are playing easy level on Contra 4 are you rec'ing the most powered up version of the respective weapon? Or do you have to collect two levels worth.

I can't wait to go back and check out the game on hard mode to hear the original (remixed?) tunes.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Hm... question... when you are playing easy level on Contra 4 are you rec'ing the most powered up version of the respective weapon? Or do you have to collect two levels worth.

I can't wait to go back and check out the game on hard mode to hear the original (remixed?) tunes.[/quote]In easy, you get fully powered up ones right away.

[quote name='Demontooth']I think the machine gun is solid.[/quote]

The machine gun is pretty awesome for the diagnal strafing of foot soldiers.

I'm not very impressed with the Crash weapon, in general. It's too slow and clunky.

spread sucks, fireball in super C is ultimate. I had no idea you could charge it up until a few years ago, that just made it even more ultimate.

[quote name='rodeojones903']There is only one answer to that question, and you have eliminated it.[/QUOTE]

We finally agree on something .

You asked me to pick my fav Contra weapon, then said I can't actually pick it? This topic = fail.

Perhaps the title should be 'What is your second favorite Contra weapon?'.

[quote name='Chacrana']Shat Soldier is so good.[/quote]

Yeah, and totally hard as balls... It has to be one of the hardest PS2 game in existence... along with Gradius V.

bread's done
Back