Controller Issues: Any suggestions?

darkrage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey, so I was just wanting to share my problems and see if anybody else had a solution/similar experience. Iv had my xbox 360 for a long time and have never had a 3ROD. Played it without troubles even last night.

This afternoon I turned it on (with my wireless controller) and found that it would no connect to the console. Note that it tuned the console on, but just kept flashing and not connecting. No problem, I tried my 2nd wireless controller. Same story. Here is where it gets interesting, I plugged in a wired controller(and my rockband guitar) and noticed that while it works, the console was not lighting up the quadrant of the ring that tells me I have a controller connected. The quadrant was lit up on the controller, just not on the console. I figure the cause of all this is that earlier in the day I turned on the system, swapped discs real quick and turned it off again.

I tried flushing the cache, removing the hard drive, and trying to resync the controllers to the console. No luck, I hoped microsoft could help and I called the 800 number. After 10 minutes of confirming I was who I said I was, the only thing "JN" would tell me to do is turn the console on and resync the controller. He had me do this 3 times, even once with the faceplate off. After that lame excuse for a solution he told me that I would need to either try more controllers or send my xbox in for service at the low low cost of 99.99. Frustrated I thought instead I would default to the community in an attempt at real help. Any suggestions?

[quote name='darkrage']Hey, so I was just wanting to share my problems and see if anybody else had a solution/similar experience. Iv had my xbox 360 for a long time and have never had a 3ROD. Played it without troubles even last night.

This afternoon I turned it on (with my wireless controller) and found that it would no connect to the console. Note that it tuned the console on, but just kept flashing and not connecting. No problem, I tried my 2nd wireless controller. Same story. Here is where it gets interesting, I plugged in a wired controller(and my rockband guitar) and noticed that while it works, the console was not lighting up the quadrant of the ring that tells me I have a controller connected. The quadrant was lit up on the controller, just not on the console. I figure the cause of all this is that earlier in the day I turned on the system, swapped discs real quick and turned it off again.

I tried flushing the cache, removing the hard drive, and trying to resync the controllers to the console. No luck, I hoped microsoft could help and I called the 800 number. After 10 minutes of confirming I was who I said I was, the only thing "JN" would tell me to do is turn the console on and resync the controller. He had me do this 3 times, even once with the faceplate off. After that lame excuse for a solution he told me that I would need to either try more controllers or send my xbox in for service at the low low cost of 99.99. Frustrated I thought instead I would default to the community in an attempt at real help. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Umm. I would try 2 more things. Try to sync your controllers up with a friends' 360, and try to use the friend's controllers on your 360.

Otherwise, try forcing a RROD? ha.

[quote name='mike.m']Did he say what exactly they'd be repairing for that 'low cost' of $99.99?[/QUOTE]

Thats the standard repair fee. I guess.

Try resynching the controllers without any USB controllers plugged in.
Keeping the GH2 controller plugged in keeps my other controllers from working right.

bread's done
Back