Convert Your PS2 Controller To A PS3 Controller Via USB Adapter - eBay $4.25 FREE SH

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS2-Control...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item35b3916742

Lol. So I put as much as possible in the heading. This is NOT an auction. I chose this company because they mention they ship FAST and they do! :applause:

They have sold hundreds of these things!

I, just, finished playing some Marvel vs Capcom 2 on my PS3 with a wireless PS2 remote and it works!:D

Only $4.25 for this gadget. Says it works for PC as well.

Also, Target is clearancing out Official Sony wired PS2 remotes for $5.98... for those who don't know... you can read about it in the Target Clearance Thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308999

Thanks OP. Bought the convert and a controller from them and it came out to be $11.23. Now I play the waiting game.

Personally, I'd rather have something where I can use my PS3 controllers on my PS2. I miss my wireless PS2 controller, which no longer works, and I haven't found a replacement for it.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Personally, I'd rather have something where I can use my PS3 controllers on my PS2. I miss my wireless PS2 controller, which no longer works, and I haven't found a replacement for it.[/QUOTE]

Same..lol.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Personally, I'd rather have something where I can use my PS3 controllers on my PS2. I miss my wireless PS2 controller, which no longer works, and I haven't found a replacement for it.[/QUOTE]

yeah I don't understand why someone can't make some PS3 receiver for the PS2

[quote name='vherub']my wireless logitech ps2 controller has worked great for years now, they pop up on ebay for under $10[/QUOTE]

I had bought one of those on clearance from Logitech some time ago, but it failed almost immediately. Course, Logitech couldn't replace it.

Unfortunate, because it was a nice controller.

I have a few of these, very cheap compared to buying a dualshock or even a used sixaxis - assuming you have PS2 or even PS1 controllers around.

Of course you can't do motion control but hardly any PS3 games use that any more.

As a buyer beware thing even though it may just be me these have 2 issues. One being that you're missing the home button so you have no way to exit the game or get back to the main ps3 menu if you plan to use these as a main controller. Second being is all the issues. You have no way to change between analog and digital for PS1 games, guitar hero/rockband controllers wouldn't work or would try to register as mics when they weren't, and some games I couldn't get to work at all with a PS2 controller.

I was looking for a way to save money and be able to do 4 player gaming on my PS3 for PS3/PS1 games this last christmas and ended up getting 2 Nyko wired controllers for around $15 new shipped as I already had 2 licensed PS3 controllers. All I had to do was hook up a wired keyboard to my PS3 and then use the USB ports off my keyboard for the 2 wired controllers and you could sit comfortably anywhere in my game room and play. Plus they had the home buttons and were fully functional for any game.

Just my 2 cents from my experiences.

These are junk. They don't have the Playstation/home button to indicate the controller slot.

Have fun with all the random-ass controller slot assignments PS3 comes up with when you have 2 DS3s and 2 DS2s. I spent at least 4 hours of my life dealing with that crap before caving in and buying converters with the "Playstation" button.

Calm down, it's just a PS2 to PC adapter. Thankfully the PS3 can take USB controllers, except Xbox 360 ones for legal reasons, so this $5 gadget is a bargain. So what if there's no home button? You're paying for an adapter!

They make USB adapters for just about any controller now, and don't be surprised if you see someone playing Street Fighter IV with a SNES controller.

No home button! Oh no! I may have to step a foot or 2 to my PS3 and turn it on/off my self!:cold:

Hopefully this helps someone who has PS2 controller/s and doesn't want to spend $50 on a DS3, wait around for DS3's to go on sale for $35.99, or buy a used one that who knows what's has been done to it:puke: ... seeing as how the PS3 can browse the net...

[quote name='Gh0stface']Thanks OP. Bought the convert and a controller from them and it came out to be $11.23. Now I play the waiting game.[/QUOTE]

YW!:) Please mention how that controller works out for you!

I need the home button for in-game xmb and the fact I prefer quitting the game properly using the xmb before shutting off the PS3.

Seriously? The ones I have let you use the "analog" button in the middle of the controller as a functional home button.

Meritline has a ps2 to ps3 for $5.99 free shipping:

http://www.meritline.com/playstation-playstation-controller-adapter---p-46680.aspx

and a ps2 to usb for $4.99

http://www.meritline.com/usb-dual-plaer-converter-adapter-for-ps-ps2---p-35820.aspx

and a ps2 to 360/ps3 for $7.99

http://www.meritline.com/sony-ps2-to-xbox-360-ps3-converter-cable---p-74376.aspx

I recently bought the ps2 to 360 one to see if it would work with my old GH and DDR PS2 controllers, but haven't tried it yet to see if it does.

I have a couple of these and they are fine. I don't use them all that much since I don't have many opportunities to play multiplayer at my house. My wife prefers JRPGs so outside of playing Monopoly or something together, we just don't play the PS3 together.

I do use one for the Street Fighter Anniversary controller to connect to my PS3, though and for that it works quite well.

If all you want is a cheap wired controller I think you're far better off buying either the Nyko Core Controller or the Power A Pro EX. They are $20 each at Amazon but I bought them for less than $15 on sale. The Nyko was great until I dropped it and broke the trigger. The Pro EX is good as well.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']No home button! Oh no! I may have to step a foot or 2 to my PS3 and turn it on/off my self!:cold:

Hopefully this helps someone who has PS2 controller/s and doesn't want to spend $50 on a DS3, wait around for DS3's to go on sale for $35.99, or buy a used one that who knows what's has been done to it:puke: ... seeing as how the PS3 can browse the net...[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately the issue of not having a Home button on the adapter does mean that people still have to keep their standard Dual Shock 3 around for turning the PS3 on/off and quitting out of games properly.

There's also the question of how a PS3 game that fully utilizes the L2/R2 triggers on the Dual Shock 3 would handle the fact that the Dual Shock 2 only has L2/R2 buttons. Regardless of how pressure sensitive those supposedly were last gen, they're no substitute for real triggers.

If anything, folks on here may want to see if they can locate one of the original Xbox to PS3 controller adapters, though I believe those are hard to find/rare nowadays.

As an alternative, they may also wish to check their local Gamestop store, as some of them may still have adapters such as these in stock. I bought a simple PS2 to USB adapter a while ago(a couple years at least) from them and it was about $2-3 there.

Unfortunately I grabbed the absolute shittiest of the 2-3 adapters they had and left behind the one that was worth around $30 and included a Home button on it.:cry:

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Seriously? The ones I have let you use the "analog" button in the middle of the controller as a functional home button.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Thanks for the tip. I need to look for my wired, Official PS2 remote. If this wireless 1 is working this good, I can only imagine how good a Sony brand controller will work with it.

[quote name='scrappydoo']Man, if I had known about this I would have jumped on this badboy last month:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315885[/QUOTE]

Lol... I forgot about that. I was, actually, watching to see how high the price would go... till I forgot.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Unfortunately the issue of not having a Home button on the adapter does mean that people still have to keep their standard Dual Shock 3 around for turning the PS3 on/off and quitting out of games properly.

There's also the question of how a PS3 game that fully utilizes the L2/R2 triggers on the Dual Shock 3 would handle the fact that the Dual Shock 2 only has L2/R2 buttons. Regardless of how pressure sensitive those supposedly were last gen, they're no substitute for real triggers.

If anything, folks on here may want to see if they can locate one of the original Xbox to PS3 controller adapters, though I believe those are hard to find/rare nowadays.

As an alternative, they may also wish to check their local Gamestop store, as some of them may still have adapters such as these in stock. I bought a simple PS2 to USB adapter a while ago(a couple years at least) from them and it was about $2-3 there.

Unfortunately I grabbed the absolute shittiest of the 2-3 adapters they had and left behind the one that was worth around $30 and included a Home button on it.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Ok. You have, officially, lost your screenname.:roll:

I have an adapter like this, and when I use it, the rumble doesn't work. I've tried a bunch of different PS2 controllers, and the rumble never works. Anybody else notice this?

I know this is kind of an old thread but I finally got my converter today. I played Demon's Souls for about two hours until I realized I can bring up the home button by pressing "analog" button like N3UROP0D mentioned. Only thing that sucks is that there isn't R2/L2 button sensitivity but other than that it works perfect :D

[quote name='Gh0stface']I know this is kind of an old thread but I finally got my converter today. I played Demon's Souls for about two hours until I realized I can bring up the home button by pressing "analog" button like N3UROP0D mentioned. Only thing that sucks is that there isn't R2/L2 button sensitivity but other than that it works perfect :D[/QUOTE]

That's good to know! I will have to check and see which games I have that use R2/L2 and see what happens on my wireless DreamGear PS2 controller.

[quote name='jthieme']Meritline has a ps2 to ps3 for $5.99 free shipping:

http://www.meritline.com/playstation-playstation-controller-adapter---p-46680.aspx

and a ps2 to usb for $4.99

http://www.meritline.com/usb-dual-plaer-converter-adapter-for-ps-ps2---p-35820.aspx

and a ps2 to 360/ps3 for $7.99

http://www.meritline.com/sony-ps2-to-xbox-360-ps3-converter-cable---p-74376.aspx

I recently bought the ps2 to 360 one to see if it would work with my old GH and DDR PS2 controllers, but haven't tried it yet to see if it does.[/QUOTE]

Wow I've wanted to be able to use a PS3 controller on the 360 forever. PS2 controller is almost as good. Only thing that sucks is you've gotta have a 360 wired controller.

Do you happen to have the 360 play and charge kit? Would that work with this? Test that unit out man and see how well it works with a PS2 controller on the 360. I might actually play a fighting game on the 360 if that's the case.

[quote name='pwnthee']Wow I've wanted to be able to use a PS3 controller on the 360 forever. PS2 controller is almost as good. Only thing that sucks is you've gotta have a 360 wired controller.

Do you happen to have the 360 play and charge kit? Would that work with this? Test that unit out man and see how well it works with a PS2 controller on the 360. I might actually play a fighting game on the 360 if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

The play and charge kit doesn't transfer data. That cable is only good for providing power.

Will the EMS Trio Linker Plus do the same? I already own one but don't have the time/space to check right now.

Trio%20Linker%20Plus_1.jpg

just got my adapter and tested it w/ COD mw2 and its rocking awesome! And the "analog" button functions as the home key too! Thanks op I needed a cheap alternative to a 2nd dualshock controller

I have an adapter that is PS2/PS1 to original Xbox, Gamecube, or PC, which is a usb adapter, I wonder if it would work on the PS3 or Xbox 360 using the USB part, I haven't tried yet so I don't know for sure.

[quote name='Anthony1']Does the controller rumble?[/QUOTE]

yes, everything but the motion controls. Nowdays that feature isn't really used though

bread's done
Back