Converting iTunes movies to be streamed on the 360

ryanbph

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
My brother recently purchased the 2nd season of the Tudors on iTunes. He was interested in watching it on his tv (no he doesn't have VGA imports on his tv). What is the simplest way to convert the movie format (if he even needs to) to be able to stream the show from his pc to his 360 via the media connect?

I'm not exactly sure how on a PC, but on a Mac you can download a free program called Handbrake that'll handle encoding and whatnot - the 360 will stream .avi's and .mpg with little to no problem, so if you can get it to that, the better off you'll be.

I assume there's gotta be a similar application for PC that'd let you encode video files into different formats.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm not exactly sure how on a PC, but on a Mac you can download a free program called Handbrake that'll handle encoding and whatnot - the 360 will stream .avi's and .mpg with little to no problem, so if you can get it to that, the better off you'll be.

I assume there's gotta be a similar application for PC that'd let you encode video files into different formats.[/QUOTE]

Handbreak is also on windows. Now, because the files were downloaded from iTunes, the encoding will be different, considering the files have DRM. You are going to need to find a program that can strip/encode DRMed files. This will, more than likely, cost you some $.

I dont think the itunes television/movies drm has been cracked.

If its just a .mov or mkv w/ quicktime pro you can export as mpeg 4 w/ pass through video and AAC audio. reencode and it should play fine on your xbox.
If you do find a program to rip itunes video drm, please let us know.

bread's done
Back