Convince me...please.

Blind the Thief

CAGiversary!
So, there's no getting around it: I'm going to buy a PS3 when MGS4 comes out.

With that said, I'd feel better if I can justify my purchase with more than one game. I know DMC4, RE5 (though not exclusive), Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and whatever Ueda's next game ends up being will all be on this machine, but what else? What games are you current PS3 owners looking forward to this next year?

(I apologize if there are already topics like this, and I generally hate topics like this...but I haven't kept up too much on PS3 news, and now I'm having a hard time finding the answer to my question)

dont forget the blu-ray player. plus motorstorm, ffxiii (whenever the hell it comes out) and all the demos that you can try out. i just figured i can play madden 07 ps2 version wirelessly so my ps2 is going inthe closet :bouncy:

Lair, Icons, Nba Street, Burnout 5 (it is being developed for PS3 and Ported to 360) Heavenly Sword, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13 VS, Indian Jones style game by Naughty Dog, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone 2 (real footage will be shown near E3 2007) Mercinaries 2, More and Better RPGS, Blue Ray, LINUX,

[quote name='shocktopper']Don't forget Silent Hill 5, Gran Turismo, and Rachet and Clank. Here's a list of known exclusives http://www.ps3land.com/article-419.php

CHeers!!

Ps. I bought mine soley for MGS4. Although Resistance is pretty damn sweet, can't say I regret getting it early.[/quote]

It doesn't seem to be very accurate though they even had Need for speed carbon under the Might be Exclusive list :lol:

Blu Ray movies... definitely a feature worth getting the ps3 for... basically it's 300 for the blu ray player, and 300 for the console.. and a free computer w/ linux os. nuff said..

[quote name='62t']Level 5's White Knight Story[/QUOTE]

QFT.

I'm also very interested in seeing what they do with Eye of Judgement. Also, don't forget about the d/l games - Blast Factor and Gripshift are great, and coming soon we have Calling All Cars, Flow, Tekken 5: DR, etc.

With about 14 games available for the PS3 (9 or so of which are available on the 360), it would be hard to convince you to go out and get a PS3 right now. If you plan on eventually getting a PS3, then I suppose you can get it now, but don't expect to get much use out of it until some games are actually released.

[quote name='Zoglog']great, another retarded convince me thread. We really need MORE of these -_-[/quote]
Yea, Seriously...>.>

Anyways, I use my PS3 for more than just games. I make good use of the Card Reader, USB ports, Wireless Card, Blu-Ray Player, DVD Player, MP3's and all other audio. Only thing I haven't done is install another OS on here.

I still have my PS2 seeing as how PS2 and PSOne games look better on it and also so I can play all my back-ups and Imports ;)

[quote name='shocktopper']Don't forget Silent Hill 5, Gran Turismo, and Rachet and Clank. Here's a list of known exclusives http://www.ps3land.com/article-419.php

CHeers!!

Ps. I bought mine soley for MGS4. Although Resistance is pretty damn sweet, can't say I regret getting it early.[/quote]

List is bunk.. NFS:C is multi, VF5 is 360 bound, UT2007 is 360 bound, Coded Arms was canned, Assassin's Creed is multi

Built in wi-fi, 60 gb compared to 20 for 360.
Also has free online playing (though probably worst), and an internet browser.
Add in built in blu-ray, and the fact that the gaming advantage of 360 will die out within the year (I hope), and ps3 is the way to go.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']

(I apologize if there are already topics like this, and I generally hate topics like this...but I haven't kept up too much on PS3 news, and now I'm having a hard time finding the answer to my question)[/quote]

1. There is something called a "Search" button. If you type "convince me" then you might find this thread about "convincement for the ps3".

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118000

2. There is something called google where you can do something called "Research" and see if the ps3 is right for you.

3. If you want convincement to buy a ps3, then buy mine. I personally rubbed my balls on the ps3 (I have a soccer ball and a basketball) and I sprayed some nice cologne to it so its smells like a stripper. Buy it Now for $2,000. What do you say? :roll:

4. If you hate topics like this, then don't start one. :applause:

[quote name='oasisboy']1. There is something called a "Search" button. If you type "convince me" then you might find this thread about "convincement for the ps3".

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118000

2. There is something called google where you can do something called "Research" and see if the ps3 is right for you.

3. If you want convincement to buy a ps3, then buy mine. I personally rubbed my balls on the ps3 (I have a soccer ball and a basketball) and I sprayed some nice cologne to it so its smells like a stripper. Buy it Now for $2,000. What do you say? :roll:

4. If you hate topics like this, then don't start one. :applause:[/QUOTE]

You want to get a PS3 so you can play Resistance online with people like this.

Continuations to a few of my favorite series/franchises have been announced, some not, but I would expect to see all these on PS3:

Silent Hill
Gradius
Shin Megami Tensei
Contra
Suikoden
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy
Twisted Metal

And hope for:

Katamari
Ico/Shadow OTC Sequel
FFVII Remake