Convince Me To Buy A Gamecube

Oxy_Gen

CAG Veteran
I already have a PS2 and X-Box...I feel like getting a Gamecube but I never caught up with the games since I wasn't interested in it before.

Name some games that are must buy for the Gamecube..

dont buy a gamecube...... I got mine for free only reason why I own one. If you like Zelda it's a pretty good game. Ikaruga, uhhhh super smash brothers melee. and i guess the metroid games

Metroid Prime (2 is not as necessary but if you like the first), Animal Crossing (if only to get the NES games), Metal Gear Solid (if you dont have it already), Smash Bros Melee, Waverace (cheap and fun), and Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil 4 for non-kiddy entertainment

I can't believe that with the Gamecube's insanely low price and unbelievably great library of games that there are people out there who play videogames more than casually and don't own one.

Any Console is worth getting if it has at least it's worth in great games, and The Cube has some of best games this gen, that alone should consitute you buying one and considering how cheap the system is there shouldn't be an excuse not to own one.

Are there any risks in buying a used Gamecube? Like the PS2 is notorious for its DREs ...

I know the Gamecube is already cheap at $100 but I'm not too excited about buying it, I would just like to be able to play other games that are not available on the PS2 and Xbox.

[quote name='Odenat']dont buy a gamecube...... I got mine for free only reason why I own one. If you like Zelda it's a pretty good game. Ikaruga, uhhhh super smash brothers melee. and i guess the metroid games[/QUOTE]

poor poor gamer..

Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos
Metroid 1
Metroid 2
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Animal Crossing
Super Smash Brothers
Super Mario Sunshine (a let down but still fun in my eyes)
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil (remake)
Resident Evil Zero
Harvest Moon
Mario Power Tennis
Pikman
pikman 2
Skies of Arcadia Legend

To name a few..

I'm still mad at myself for not taking advantage of the MK:DD + Controller bundle from last X-mas. Still haven't bought a GC caz like the OP, IDK why I should get one anyways besides Smash Brothers.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Doesn't really count since it's coming out for PS2 in November. :cry:[/QUOTE]

If you want a shitty port.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Doesn't really count since it's coming out for PS2 in November. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's not going to be anywhere close to the GCN version though. I mean, you can also play Madden on the Gameboy...

[quote name='Oxy_Gen']Are there any risks in buying a used Gamecube? Like the PS2 is notorious for its DREs ...

I know the Gamecube is already cheap at $100 but I'm not too excited about buying it, I would just like to be able to play other games that are not available on the PS2 and Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Yes theres always a risk buying used cubes like any console. Just get the warranty if you buy used (6 month or 12 month), mine is used and works like a champ (knock).

Hmm I'm pretty much set on buying a Gamecube then...plus that Gamecube GBA Player sounds cool, I'll be able to play GBA games on my TV. How do they look? Not too good I imagine...is it like playing a NES or SNES game?

Should I buy one now or will their be any price drops in the near future?

I was planning on buying one for cheap on Ebay, maybe $30-40 if I get lucky but I might just buy a new one if I get a nice paycheck this or next week

$99 Smash Bros combo coming out in the fall. I'd still look for a used one in pawn shops, got mine for $35, others have reported similar prices.

Not to mention I wanted to buy used since newer Cubes don't have the component outputs (480p looks great on a HDTV)

Gross. Have you seen the screens of RE4 on PS2? RE4 Is the reason to own a cube. It's among the great games of all time - on any systems.

I haven't touched my GC in over 6 Months, that was when i got MGS:TSS I beat it 3 times and haven't touched it since. Maybe I need RE4...

Because this man makes games for it.

sm_big.jpg

[quote name='sisco1986']poor poor gamer..

Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos
Metroid 1
Metroid 2
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Animal Crossing
Super Smash Brothers
Super Mario Sunshine (a let down but still fun in my eyes)
Eternal Darkness
Resident Evil (remake)
Resident Evil Zero
Harvest Moon
Mario Power Tennis
Pikman
pikman 2
Skies of Arcadia Legend

To name a few..[/QUOTE]

it's not that I hate nintendo or anything I just haven't played my GC in a really really long time so I can't recommend anyone buying it if I don't play it that much. I own some of thoose games and there great. But I couldn't justify someone paying alot of money for the system and thoose games unless it was an amazing deal. Too each his own i guess :)

Resident Evil 4, Zelda: Four Swords Adventures,Mario Kart Double Dash, and Super Smash Bros. Melee are the only truly great exclusives on the system. But that's still enough to warrant a purchase of a $60 system.

[quote name='Shayde']Because this man makes games for it.
[/QUOTE]

That is certainly not a reason to get it, I no longer like that man. All his recent ideas are crap.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']That is certainly not a reason to get it, I no longer like that man. All his recent ideas are crap.[/QUOTE]

Um, no - Pikmin was his most recent new franchise and it is awesome.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Resident Evil 4, Zelda: Four Swords Adventures,Mario Kart Double Dash, and Super Smash Bros. Melee are the only truly great exclusives on the system. But that's still enough to warrant a purchase of a $60 system.[/QUOTE]

I think both Pikmins (esp 2), both Metroid Prime games, Tales of Symphonia, Eternal Darkness, Windwaker make it worth it. I didn't think Four Swords was good, same with Double Dash; prefered the N64 and SNES versions

I can't. I have a Gamecube, and it will be sitting collecting dust if My 11 yo cousin doesn't like Pokemon / mario party games on it.

Personally, I'm waiting to catch up on NGC stuff when the revolution comes out and I'll be able to play the GV games as well as Nintendo's whole backlog of stuff.

According to GameRankings... These are your Top 20 Reasons to buy an GameCube...

NOTE: I Edited out the non GC exclusive games...
But left RE4 (Still exclusive) SCII (Hey.. its got Link!) and Ikaruga on the list (DC is dead :whistle2:( )
Regardless...

Buy a freaking Gamcube already.
Most of these games can be had for Under $20 bucks.

m_box.jpg
535840.jpg
469050.jpg
533008.jpg
589573.jpg

919239.jpg
533287.jpg
eternal_boxshot.jpg
ssbm_boxshot.jpg
r_box.jpg

589374.jpg
920182.asp
516710.jpg
animal_boxshot.jpg
537506.jpg
516498.jpg

561316.jpg
589712.jpg
914452.jpg
914976.jpg
r_box.jpg

Lest we forget thse honorable mentions... either exclusive... or just doing it better on the GC...

rogueleader_boxshot.jpg
560617.jpg
p_box.jpg
smb2_boxshot.jpg
562548.jpg

561645.jpg
557720.jpg
920421_60625.jpg
557719.jpg
beach_boxshot.jpg

917921.jpg
waverace_box.jpg
starfox_box.jpg
914433.jpg
luigismansion_boxshot.jpg

[quote name='dastly75']I put in a courtesy bid for ya :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the bid. It seems like someone is obsessed with bidding 500 times on my auction though, so you've been outbid.

[quote name='Odenat']it's not that I hate nintendo or anything I just haven't played my GC in a really really long time so I can't recommend anyone buying it if I don't play it that much. I own some of thoose games and there great. But I couldn't justify someone paying alot of money for the system and thoose games unless it was an amazing deal. Too each his own i guess :)[/QUOTE]

Too each his very own, considering every game on my list justifies owning the system (your bound to like at least two games on my list) and the system is a steal at 59.99 used and 99.99 new.

Back on topic, All the great games that made the cube great are pretty much Players Choices now I think your really missing out on a lot of great games if you just ignore the cube, tons of games the cube doesn't have but makes up in quality of the games it does have. Gaming would have been very stale this generation if it wasn't for the cube, in my eyes anyways. Stop eating at big macs for a month and get a fricken cube, or don't, it's your lost not mine ;) .

doesn't matter cuz twilight princess will be out.

I can't imagine someone who likes games and doesn't own a Gamecube. I can see how you couldn't survive with a Gamecube alone, but I can't imagine not having it, either.

my 2 cents.

Don't get it. I pretty much have access to the system for free, and i barely play. But then again if you enjoye the n64 maybe consider it. I was never that much of an 64 guy eiither

Buy a Gamecube. Metroid Prime is one of the coolest games I've ever played. F-Zero GX is awkward at first but once you get past the learning curve it is super fun. Paper Mario is the only RPG I can really like and it's funny. Super Smash Brothers: Melee and Mario Kart: Double Dash! are great multiplayer games. Pikmin 1 & 2 are refreshingly different. Resident Evil 4... waiting for a price drop. :) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is coming real soon!

The 'Cube is so cheap, why hold out?

[quote name='help1']wait till black friday... hey you never know.[/QUOTE]
that would be after the xbox360 is out...I cant imagine being able to afford another system, or even dedicate the time for one after that sucker hits

Besides all of the great single player games that everyone has mentioned, the Gamecube has great multiplayer games, especially if you have non-gamer/casual gamer friends/girlfriend. While my casual/non-gamer friends enjoy playing halo/halo 2 on the Xbox, it isn't very much fun if I play because it's a slaughter everytime. When we pop in something like Mario Kart, Mario Party, SSBM, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, or Warioware, a much better time is had by all, because everyone can play these games pretty well.

Buy it for the online games. - Oh wait hold on a minute........................................Get Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour. It is teh rockorz! Oh and the wavebirds rule too.

[quote name='Oxy_Gen']Are there any risks in buying a used Gamecube? Like the PS2 is notorious for its DREs ...

I know the Gamecube is already cheap at $100 but I'm not too excited about buying it, I would just like to be able to play other games that are not available on the PS2 and Xbox.[/QUOTE]
VGM has a great deal on a boxed one ;)

I can't believe any rational person would need someone else to convince them that Gamecube has enough decent games to justify owning it. If you have to stop and explain it all at this point, the person probably won't understand what you're saying anyway.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I can't believe any rational person would need someone else to convince them that Gamecube has enough decent games to justify owning it. If you have to stop and explain it all at this point, the person probably won't understand what you're saying anyway.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

bread's done
Back