Convince me to buy a Wii U!

SativaSam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I am strongly thinking about buying a Wii U. So much so that I listed my 360 on eBay today because I have a PS4 preordered and I never play the 360 anymore whatsoever. I tried my brother's out at his house and I had a lot of fun with it, I got to try out the Mario Wii U game, Scribblenauts, and Sonic All Star Racing.

I guess what I am wanting to know is, what makes you enjoy your Wii U? I heard there's a lot of cool extra stuff to do on it besides the games, and even as the games are concerned, what are your guys' favorite games? 

Like I said, I really enjoyed what I did get to play on it, I am just wanting to see some fellow CAGers' opinions on their Wii U and all the extra stuff that it does (I don't mean Netflix and whatnot, I mean like the drawing and stuff)

As someone who owns and really enjoys his Wii U, I'd say it's a great system to get this holiday season. There are a bunch of original titles, it has a stronger exclusive line-up than either next gen console, and it is actually getting the biggest multi-platform titles. That being said I'd wait for the holidays for a price drop/good bundle. There is no reason to get one right this second.

I will never play my Wii U more than my PS3 and later PS4, but it gets way more play than my 360. Nintendo gets a bad rap for not catering more to the core, but if you love Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong and the occasional JRPG that Nintendo seems to always snag as an exclusive, it is an incredible secondary system. I have purchased a handful of third party titles as well simply because the off TV feature is great. I played through Assassin's Creed III and Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U using the game pad exclusively and it was pretty great. I doubt I'll grab anything on it once PS4 arrives, but I think people calling it a non next gen system are silly.

What I'd do is buy a used one on Craigslist for a low price point. Get the games you want used or wait for a great sale price. If you aren't impressed, sell it off after some time playing New Super Mario Bros. U or whatever else you might play. If you're happy with your purchase, you're sure to have some good titles down the line from the Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong franchises as well as the new Xeno game, Pikmin, and hopefully more.

As someone who owns and really enjoys his Wii U, I'd say it's a great system to get this holiday season. There are a bunch of original titles, it has a stronger exclusive line-up than either next gen console, and it is actually getting the biggest multi-platform titles. That being said I'd wait for the holidays for a price drop/good bundle. There is no reason to get one right this second.
This. The game releases don't pick up until August with Pikmin 3 so I'd wait until then at least. If you have kids the fun/usefullness factor goes up a lot. Plus it's BC so you could always catch up on any Wii games you missed (doing that myself right now).

I'm with most everyone else here - wait until there's another $50 gift card offer from Best Buy or Target, or a holiday bundle.  My favorite feature by far is the off-TV play, I played and beat New Super Mario Bros U, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed,  and Bit.Trip Runner 2 almost entirely on the gamepad.  I also recommend Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover, and Need for Speed Most Wanted.  On the virtual console, you can already get Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Mega Man 1-4, Mega Man X, among others, and they're playable entirely on the gamepad too.

Wait for the inevitable price drop or at least until this fall for some of the bigger games to come out. Although cowboom had a pretty sweet deal on them yesterday.

I personally love my Wii U and am very happy I bought it. While I've been disappointed by the lack of new games over the past few months, the system is fun and has great potential. The games starting in August look great. In the meantime, I've been using it to play some Wii games I missed out on (Skyward Sword, Ect).

I own Scribblenauts, New Super Mario Bros, Need for Speed, and Nintendoland. They are all fun.

It's nice just being able to watch youtube on my big screen tv. There are a lot of concerts I can just put on (a lot of festival stuff never aired in US) and browse the internet at the same time. It's much easier to type with than a phone or tablet because of the stylus, though I hear newer tablets have pen input.

I am also considering getting a Wii U. I currently have a PS3 and I already paid for the PS4. I am hoping to see a good Black Friday Deal on a Wii U Bundle that I can't pass up or just come across a great deal on a used one with a few games.

I'm honestly thinking about just buying one today or tomorrow online. I don't really feel like waiting for a holiday bundle or some gift card type deal because my timing with those is always horrible.

I'm honestly thinking about just buying one today or tomorrow online. I don't really feel like waiting for a holiday bundle or some gift card type deal because my timing with those is always horrible.
What games do you have to have right now? Most people don't consider the current games as great.

To Blaster man, It's not a system that has games I just HAVE to play.. I just think the gamepad is really neat, and I figure I should buy it now to enjoy the Mario, Scribblenauts, and Sonic racing games just to name a few. Plus, my brother has one and I would like to play with him.

Sounds like you have all your reasons already, but keep in mind that Mario, Scribblenauts, and Nintendo Land only have local co-op.

The system also doesn't support multiple gamepads yet.

Yeah, I was just addressing the part where he says his brother has a Wii U and he would like to play with him. Him getting his own Wii U doesn't really enhance that much.

bread's done
Back