Convince me to keep my PS3

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
So on Black Friday I walked into Best Buy, and lo and behold they had just received a shipment of PS3s. On a whim (and because I had a ton of cash on me for whatever reason) I decided to pick one up (20 GB model) along with Resistance. Now, suffice to say, I've finished Resistance and have no reason for this clunker(Gears of War online multi-player is much better than Resistance multiplayer, so I don't see myself playing that down the line at all).

VF5 is now coming on 360, and Tekken 6 going Multi-Platform (if it happens) will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Basically, what I'm saying is, is there any reason to keep my PS3? I really don't care for the Metal Gear series (blasphemy, I know) nor the Final Fantasy series (2x blasphemy). I had basically bought it to play VF5, Tekken 6 and Devil May Cry 4. I'm thinking now that I can live without DMC4 (which may end up cross-platform as well) as long as Tekken 6 comes to 360.

Come on, Microsoft... do your best to secure Tekken!

You're really going to have to bite the bullet hard if you sell it. I personally couldn't handle the $$$ loss I'd incur from such a sale (unless you can get a really good trade-in deal).

But truthfully, PS3 has no "ub3r 1337" exclusives coming out. Sorry, but there aren't many reasons to keep your PS3.

If you need convincing then you probably should just get rid of it while the value is at least pretty much 100% on ebay. I know there are a lot of things I could do with $600 besides dump it in a video game system.

Blu-Ray has lots of support right now.

Also, you never know what will be coming down the pipe and how good the games will be. Exclusivity may or may not be an issue, but Sony first party titles have historically been of high quality.

The system has lots of potential, and unless you have pressing financial matters, I don't see any reason to get rid of it now if you already own it.

I remember there was a simliar thread about this topic. Someone said if you're going to ask yourself this question, might as well sell it. You've already stated that you dont care much for MGS & FF series (I don't either) so there really is no point in keeping it.

Now, if you can sell it and break even or lose a small loss then no biggie. Maybe later in the future, you'll find something you'd want and can buy another one.

[quote name='dallow']Either get some BD movies or return it.[/QUOTE]

I have Superman Returns, and it's awesome, but I was thinking that I could just get the 360 HD-DVD drive (which I hear is just as good as BD).

I think I'm going to try to sell it or perhaps trade it for a games/cash combo on here.

Do you want to watch High Definition movies?

Do you like Playstation games?

There you go. If you answered yes to one or more of those questions keep it. If not sell it. It isnt rocket science you dumb ass.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Do you want to watch High Definition movies?

Do you like Playstation games?

There you go. If you answered yes to one or more of those questions keep it. If not sell it. It isnt rocket sience you dumb ass.[/quote]

What is "sience"?

[quote name='help1']What is "sience"?[/quote]

Ha Ha. I love it when someone calls someone a dumb ass but then doesn't spell his statement correctly (or use proper punctuation in this guys case also). That still cracks me up after all this time.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I really don't care for the Metal Gear series (blasphemy, I know) nor the Final Fantasy series (2x blasphemy).[/QUOTE]
.....................................(still thinking how to convince you).....................................

[quote name='DarkNessBear']It isnt rocket sience you dumb ass.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

No One fucking cares if you keep your PS3 or not? Seriously bro. It's up to you. Why would you come to a message board and ask people that don;t play YOUR PS3 if you should keep it or not. I'm sure no one fucking cares if you keep it or sell it. Hell destroy it. No one gives a shit.

Sorry I'm just tired of seeing "Convince me to keep my ( Insert Handlheld or System Here )" Threads.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I have Superman Returns, and it's awesome, but I was thinking that I could just get the 360 HD-DVD drive (which I hear is just as good as BD).

I think I'm going to try to sell it or perhaps trade it for a games/cash combo on here.[/quote] this guy seems to think HD-DVD's actually better. i cant say i disagree w/ him
http://www.gamescentral.com/blogs/tek_jansens_explosive_gaming_experience/archive/2006/12/26/ps3-blu-ray-vs-xbox-360-hd-dvd-vs-dvd.aspx

& hes no fanboy, read his intro he owns a PS3 & wrote good reviews on it & how to install Linux on it.

as for reasons you should keep it..

- if taking a $50 loss on it would bother you

that's all i got. personally im glad i didnt pick 1 up when i was going too. missed getting to the store early enough to preorder at both gamestop and TRU. and no way i was waiting in line for days.

ill just wait a year for hopefully some decent games to come out. im sure there will be some bugs they'll have worked out by then too. if not a price drop.

my theory is MS will drop the price $100 on the prem and $50 on the core when they move to the 65nm fab.

then sony will drop price next xmas by $100 to compete. they're already losing $200 on each console. they know its going to be in the Red for several years. theyre going long. like they did w/ the PS2. they want ppl still buying PS3 games after the XBOX 720 or whatever itll be called is out. not to mention if blu-ray does win that's double royalties for them.

but im reluctant to think either format will win. Warner has just introduced dual HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Discs. and LG is going to be the 1st to introduce dual format players.

as far as games, im in the same boat as you. MGS4 & FFXVIVIVIVIIIVIVII doesnt interest me much. GT5 has me slightly intrigued, but i tried GT:HD and besides looking pretty, it was the same worn out crap as GT:2 & 3. I hope tekken does go to the 360 so i can avoid buying the PS3 for another year and maybe squeeze in another pricedrop.

if you are a tekken fan. Tekken 4: Dark Resurection is downloadable through the PS3's online store for only $15. it's supposed to be pretty good. so you may want to try that out. :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']No One fucking cares if you keep your PS3 or not? Seriously bro. It's up to you. Why would you come to a message board and ask people that don;t play YOUR PS3 if you should keep it or not. I'm sure no one fucking cares if you keep it or sell it. Hell destroy it. No one gives a shit.

Sorry I'm just tired of seeing "Convince me to keep my ( Insert Handlheld or System Here )" Threads.[/quote]
and no1 fucking cares if you dont care :bouncy::spam:

Oh, wow. I forgot to add a C.

My point still stands.

You byas dum heads.

theres some more spelling mistakes for you all to get giddy over.

[quote name='whoknows']You misspelled another word. Better fix it before they attack you again.[/quote]
Woah crap. Youre fast.

Read the fine print!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Woah crap. Youre fast.

Read the fine print![/QUOTE]
Ok, cool. Was just giving you a heads up ;)

bread's done
Back