Cooking Mama coming to the US!

Majesco is my hero, even if they did disappear Black & White Creatures. Good to hear MechAssault is still moving forward as well.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Majesco? I thought they were dead or dying.
[/quote]
I thought they were too, actually.

Wheeeeeee! This is great news. I really wanted to play this, but didn't think I'd get as much out of it without the guiding text. I'm frankly pretty astonished they're localizing it. I would have thought Mother 3 would get a U.S. release before this, but I'm not complaining.

What DID happen to Black & White?

Awesome news. I was real close to getting the import version on Ebay. Though I couldn't wait for the DS Lite and I have no regrets at all.

[quote name='SpazX']Why the hell do I think this looks like a good game?[/QUOTE]

Because some of us enjoy cooking (or at least a virtual representation of it). One thing that I find kind of interesting is that this game could actually show you, in an admittedly simplified way, how to cut up and cook squid and accomplish other cooking tasks that many of us would have no clue about.

Which leads me to my next question: Just how localized will this be? Will they just translate the text, or do you think they'll actually go in and westernize the food being prepared?

After this, nothing surprises me anymore! Cooking Mama in america, wow. I hope it's not localized, I don't see how anyway. Good job Majesco.

[quote name='Supercake']After this, nothing surprises me anymore! Cooking Mama in america, wow. I hope it's not localized, I don't see how anyway. Good job Majesco.[/QUOTE]

I suspect it will be like the Pokemon cartoons where the kids are clearly eating rice balls, but they say, "Boy, these sure are good donuts!"

:roll:

So when it comes time to carve up the squid, Mama will say, "Time to prepare the chicken!"

Thanks for posting this, as I just ordered it and managed to cancel that order. I'm not sure if I'll wait for the US release, but I'll at least wait until after E3 to import it if I still want to do that.

I read that it'll retain the same recipes from the Japanese version.

If you guys like cooking games, there are some on PS2. One is Curry House COCO and another is Yoshinoya. Very odd, simple games but quite fun.

Imagine this game on the Wii. You could go several different ways with it. Three pop to mind immediately:

- An Iron Chef/Warioware-style party game where people compete to complete dishes as quickly and accurately as possible. You could have two players be sous chefs that have to prepare ingredients for the two other players while they're cooking, demanding coordinated timing.

- A more detailed simulation that actually strives to teach basic cooking techniques and food prep (complete with usable recipies).

- A cooking RPG where you start and run a restaurant. You develop your cooking skills and manage the enterprise, learn how to hire/fire staff, source ingredients, develop new dishes, etc.

Never heard of this game before, but wow it looks good. Mama's kind of a MILF too...

I love titles like this. The DS has really been surprising lately with some excellent games in its library.

Curious if anyone else ordered this through CDUniverse with the Google Checkout coupon. The invoice they sent me has the price pre-coupon. Wondering if I should be contacting them. My Google Checkout still has the correct total.

bread's done
Back