Cool A New Mortal Kombat

Taken directly from the article...

The game will be "shocking and evil" and will rework the fighting franchise "with a host of new features, including multiple fatalities per character, multitiered interactive backgrounds, and extensive new game modes,” said Steve Allison, Midway's chief marketing officer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there multiple fatalities for each character back in MK2?

Look's like they are not producing it for the Cube. Might have to dust off the PS2 or pick up an X-box when the price drops for this one. Dam You Midway !!!!!

[quote name='Scrubking']Mortal kombat in 3d stinks.

The MK franshise went from being a legend to a joke.[/quote]

The MK series was only "legend" for the blood and contraversy. If you look at the at the older games, there are much better 2D fighters like Street Fighter or King of Fighters. Even if you look at the 3D ones, including this upcoming MK, they can't even come close to powerhouses like Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter.

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='Scrubking']Mortal kombat in 3d stinks.

The MK franshise went from being a legend to a joke.[/quote]

The MK series was only "legend" for the blood and contraversy. If you look at the at the older games, there are much better 2D fighters like Street Fighter or King of Fighters. Even if you look at the 3D ones, including this upcoming MK, they can't even come close to powerhouses like Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter.[/quote]

You're comparing apples and oranges. MK never tried to be like the SF series or any other series for that matter until later on. So saying that others are better is a mute point.

And MK was becoming legendary, but then they decided to start copying other games and include combos, 3d and other stupid crap and then it died.

[quote name='magilacudy']I don't know if I would call it legendary, but it was popular back in the day. Personally I think it reached its peak at MK2.[/quote]

I said it was "becoming legendary". If they would have kept it orignal instead of trying to copy the other fighting games ala combos, 3d, etc. it very well could have been legendary.

I hate mortal kombat games anyway, so I don't care what reviewers have to say. The only fighting games I like is the soul edge/caliber series.

gamespy has a trailer up for it. Yeah and when they started doing crap like friendships and babalities?!? I wouldn't even try when I read about that junk. MK has it's fighting moments and I have to say DA revived the nostalgic fun. Let's hope that Deception can keep it up...

I hope the new Midway collection hsa online play for Mortal Kombat II. That alone would make me go out and turn live back on.

It finally looks like the Xbox is starting to get some great fighters, instead of that DOA crap

bread's done
Back