Cooling question

8BitBolt

CAGiversary!
Actually this is going to be a two question post.

1. I keep my current PC in a small room (My "Nerd cave") to keep it away from pets, and cigarette smoke. This room, gets insanely hot during the winter. I do not fill that any part of my PC is in danger from it. My idle temps on my Q9550 do get rather high, hover around 50ish. I just put some fresh artic silver on it, and it STILL hovers around that mark. Any suggestions on how to keep it cooler? Stock cooler, not over clocked. 3 case fans. One blowing on on the back, two taking in on the front.

2. With my x-mas bonus coming in just over a month, and very few people to buy for I think it is finally time to build a new right. I want to have my 22inch monitor for shooters and things I need the good old mouse and keyboard for. I also am planning on putting the tower and said monitor on a desk behind a couch, and in front of the couch having a 32-40inch HDTV hooked up. I want to use this for games that I Can use a controller with, so I can set back and relax. I do not want all top of the line parts, Just enough so that I can do this smoothly. I have been out of the hardware game for years now. I do not know whats what anymore. Lets put it this way, the last time i built a PC for anyone AMD/ATI was king. Now I am seeing its Intel and nvidia lol.

bread's done
Back