Corpse Party: Book of Shadows PSP [Available Now!]

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Day 1.[/QUOTE]

Same here, even though I still haven't played the original. I know I will dig it though and love to see the PSP still getting some support.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Same here, even though I still haven't played the original. I know I will dig it though and love to see the PSP still getting some support.[/QUOTE]

You really should play the original first. This is a direct sequel that spoils the entire 1st game.

I restarted the first game after leaving it unplayed with a save in chapter 4 for about 6 months. I'm now about to start chapter 5. I'm not sure if I'll want to dive into BoS right away, but I just purchased it with the notion that boosting first-week sales is the best way to help XSEED justify more localizations of games like this.

Kinda bored so far. Most of it is a rehash of the first one with point and click only gameplay.... It's almost entirely a visual novel. The thing is, you need to have played the first game to get what's going on. Hoping they reveal more insight as the game goes on.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Kinda bored so far. Most of it is a rehash of the first one with point and click only gameplay.... It's almost entirely a visual novel. The thing is, you need to have played the first game to get what's going on. Hoping they reveal more insight as the game goes on.[/QUOTE]

Are they just rehashing the same story? I saw some of the same characters from the first game in screenshots so I was kind of thinking they might be, but I hope it's an alternate story or something?

[quote name='whoknows']Are they just rehashing the same story? I saw some of the same characters from the first game in screenshots so I was kind of thinking they might be, but I hope it's an alternate story or something?[/QUOTE]

I think it may be an alternate telling of the 1st game but I am unsure about that.

Can't wait to buy this tomorrow, will give me something to play on Vita.

Also hopefully they will bring the 2nd game over as well.

Basically, there are 8 different chapters. Some of them are alternate retellings of the first game (same end result though), some are backstories. I'm on Chapter 4 so far so that's all I've seen. It is VERY visual novel-based this time. In some of the chapters there is no exploration at all and just answering a question one way or the other means you can either move forward or get a bad end. It really seems a lot more of a chore this time reading all the text instead of exploring. Even the chapters where you do get to explore are much more text heavy than the first.

Just beat it. I liked the scenarios and stories a lot, but there is just way too much text and not enough exploration. The Xseed guy who actually translated the game said it's about twice the text of the first, and I believe it. Still worth going through, but I like the first one more. Too much extraneous, boring text and many of the chapters have little to no exploration. Most of ways to get all of the endings are extremely obvious and are simple as answering a prompt one way or the other. It's not like in the first game where consequences of things you did or didn't do in the beginning of the chapter would bite you in the ass much later on. It's more like: Option 1: Continue with chapter or Option 2: Bad End. Kind of lazy IMO.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just beat it. I liked the scenarios and stories a lot, but there is just way too much text and not enough exploration. The Xseed guy who actually translated the game said it's about twice the text of the first, and I believe it. Still worth going through, but I like the first one more. Too much extraneous, boring text and many of the chapters have little to no exploration. Most of ways to get all of the endings are extremely obvious and are simple as answering a prompt one way or the other. It's not like in the first game where consequences of things you did or didn't do in the beginning of the chapter would bite you in the ass much later on. It's more like: Option 1: Continue with chapter or Option 2: Bad End. Kind of lazy IMO.[/QUOTE]

At least the 2nd game looks like it will be similar to the 1st, hopefully it will get released soon.

bread's done
Back