Corpse Party (PSP) $9.99 on PSN

Mharhon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
From the Playstation Blog

From 10/23/2012 to 11/06/2012 Corpse Party for PSP, which is only available as a digital download from the PSN store is half-off at $9.99 as part of XSeed's announcement that they'll be releasing a second game in the series, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows before the end of the year.

Unfortunately for international CAGs, It looks like this deal might be U.S. only.

P.S. Sorry if there's something wrong with this post, this is my first time sharing a deal. Hope you all like it.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...oming-this-winter-corpse-party-sale-tomorrow/

[quote name='dallow']Yuck, that's some awful localization....
I'll buy it regardless but I'm hoping the whole game isn't like that.[/QUOTE]
only seiko has silly lines like that. overall its pretty serious

[quote name='dallow']Yuck, that's some awful localization....
I'll buy it regardless but I'm hoping the whole game isn't like that.[/QUOTE]

Character eccentricities aren't translation errors.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Top Genre: Shooter

that explains it.[/QUOTE]

I think his avatar says all that's need to be said as far as his taste goes in anything.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Top Genre: Shooter

that explains it.[/QUOTE]

I would love to hear your explanation for how a teenage girl putting moisturizer on her asshole is a better gameplay hook than, say, taking down a submarine and speeding away in your escape boat under a hail of missile fire. And raptr only tracks the current gen...of course it's full of shooters.

[quote name='Edzo04']only seiko has silly lines like that. overall its pretty serious[/QUOTE]Thank goodness. Thanks.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Character eccentricities aren't translation errors.[/QUOTE]

I said "localization", not translation.
Though I am curious about the original Japanese language and tone of that text.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I would love to hear your explanation for how a teenage girl putting moisturizer on her asshole is a better gameplay hook than, say, taking down a submarine and speeding away in your escape boat under a hail of missile fire. And raptr only tracks the current gen...of course it's full of shooters.[/QUOTE]
You can't base the gamplay based off 5 lines of text.......which isn't gameplay. The story overall is really good you can't just compare one little thing to another little thing in another game it should be viewed as an overall experience. Some "weaboo shit" is actually good if you look past what is on the outside.

C'mon guys let's stop arguing and just start playing the feelgood game of the year

3467tag.png

It's worth $10, but not $20. The game's fun - but it's extremely frustrating. Everytime you get a 'game over' screen you have to repeat a lengthy series of events and the visual novel type cutscenes that go on and on (there's not a one-skip button either). Wish I waited for the $10 deal.

[quote name='B:L']C'mon guys let's stop arguing and just start playing the feelgood game of the year[/QUOTE]AWWWW, how adorable! I can't wait to join the party! It looks so fun! What could possibly go wrong??

d2f5e666f5c478b609e46a18cab58312b87454b2.jpg__620x355_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

OH GOD WHAT THE HELL KIND OF PARTY IS THIS?!?!

Update: I checked the PS Store on my Vita & I'm seeing the game at $9.99. So yeah, get it.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']The game's fun - but it's extremely frustrating. Everytime you get a 'game over' screen you have to repeat a lengthy series of events and the visual novel type cutscenes that go on and on (there's not a one-skip button either).[/QUOTE]
Yech. All I need to hear to avoid this.

Was worth it at $20, a steal at $10. Remember to play with headphones for the full effect. If you don't want to sleep play right before you go to bed, too.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']It's worth $10, but not $20. The game's fun - but it's extremely frustrating. Everytime you get a 'game over' screen you have to repeat a lengthy series of events and the visual novel type cutscenes that go on and on (there's not a one-skip button either). Wish I waited for the $10 deal.[/QUOTE]

There are a pretty generous amount of save points scattered throughout the game... I didn't have a problem with this at all.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Everytime you get a 'game over' screen you have to repeat a lengthy series of events and the visual novel type cutscenes that go on and on (there's not a one-skip button either).[/QUOTE]Yikes. Really hate it when you're not allowed to skip long conversations or cutscenes, especially when you've already seen it (or when it's right before a tough boss battle). Though hopefully, based on what Roll said, shouldn't be too much of an annoyance.

There was one scene in particular early in the game (I won't spoil anything) that took place in the school's nurse's office. You have to escape the room rather quickly when something happens, but if you screw up and can't, you die and have to skip through a bunch of dialogue screens by pressing the 'X' button over and over.

Also, if you miss some things in the game - say you look at a 'note' or 'sheet of paper' on the floor or wall -- or take a certain item, you may not be able to complete that specific chapter, because you "weren't supposed to see" said note or paper -- or take that item. Don't get me wrong, the game has its moments -- and totally play with headphones on -- but I honestly had to take several lengthy breaks from the game due to becoming overly annoyed with these aspects. Though, I'm interested to see what the next Corpse Party game will be like.

[quote name='KanYozakura']God I hate weeabo shit.[/QUOTE]

I would love to hear your explanation for why you thought this comment was necessary.

[quote name='Roll']Was worth it at $20, a steal at $10. Remember to play with headphones for the full effect. If you don't want to sleep play right before you go to bed, too.

There are a pretty generous amount of save points scattered throughout the game... I didn't have a problem with this at all.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Wear headphones, the soundwork for this game is astounding and they do use stereophonics to create the illusion of distance and direction.

You can keep multiple saves per "level" and there is always a save before a point where you can DEAD END. It's not a problem.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']There was one scene in particular early in the game (I won't spoil anything) that took place in the school's nurse's office. You have to escape the room rather quickly when something happens, but if you screw up and can't, you die and have to skip through a bunch of dialogue screens by pressing the 'X' button over and over.

Also, if you miss some things in the game - say you look at a 'note' or 'sheet of paper' on the floor or wall -- or take a certain item, you may not be able to complete that specific chapter, because you "weren't supposed to see" said note or paper -- or take that item. Don't get me wrong, the game has its moments -- and totally play with headphones on -- but I honestly had to take several lengthy breaks from the game due to becoming overly annoyed with these aspects. Though, I'm interested to see what the next Corpse Party game will be like.[/QUOTE]
You can actually save in that nurse's office, the only dialogue you need to skip through are the parts leading up to the escape.

There are also plenty of warnings throughout the game about those notes, and you have to view almost all of them in sequence to trigger the DEAD END. There's only one part where it's frustrating as the DEAD END happens at the end of the level, but there's enough save slots to get around it.

[quote name='Namerson']I would love to hear your explanation for why you thought this comment was necessary.[/QUOTE]

He likes Glee, who cares what he thinks?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yech. All I need to hear to avoid this.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on... I'm even sold on this game! PICK IT UP!

[quote name='Namerson']I would love to hear your explanation for why you thought this comment was necessary.[/QUOTE]

I'm sick and bored. I went to delete it a few minutes after posting it but the cat was already out of the bag. Whatevs.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I would love to hear your explanation for how a teenage girl putting moisturizer on her asshole is a better gameplay hook than, say, taking down a submarine and speeding away in your escape boat under a hail of missile fire. And raptr only tracks the current gen...of course it's full of shooters.[/QUOTE]

Yet you seem to be okay with spending $10 on a piece of cardboard paper.

[quote name='Zonic505']AWWWW, how adorable! I can't wait to join the party! It looks so fun! What could possibly go wrong??

Update: I checked the PS Store on my Vita & I'm seeing the game at $9.99. So yeah, get it.[/QUOTE]

you sir win for the best comment in this thread :applause: :lol:

I just realized today that I left my PSPGo on standby mode... and it turned on. And I last touched it in about June. My PSP 2000 drained in a month while off.

[quote name='elessar123']I just realized today that I left my PSPGo on standby mode... and it turned on. And I last touched it in about June. My PSP 2000 drained in a month while off.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha same here!!!!!!! Didn't have enough juice to copy the game over so now it's charging. That's bizarre though

[quote name='KanYozakura']I'm sick and bored. I went to delete it a few minutes after posting it but the cat was already out of the bag. Whatevs.[/QUOTE]

You name is KanYozakura. God, the irony!!!! lol

So I'm somebody who loves a good story, with engaging characters that you really feel for. Is this for me?

[quote name='jwk94']So I'm somebody who loves a good story, with engaging characters that you really feel for. Is this for me?[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind watching those characters die in disturbing ways. :D

Played for about an hour last night. Havent seen any difficult or scary parts yet at all, but hopefully if I play tonight it picks up the pace

[quote name='Zonic505']AWWWW, how adorable! I can't wait to join the party! It looks so fun! What could possibly go wrong??

[/QUOTE]
It's a... Corpse party. What did you expect?

I wish someone would have mentioned that all the dialogue is voiced in (horrible stereotypical overemotive anime style) Japanese. I don't mind reading at all, in fact I'm used to skipping through VA once I've read in game text, but these voices absolutely grate on me. I hate having to turn the sound off entirely to avoid jamming icepicks into my ears. Which I guess could be argued fits right in line with this story...

bread's done
Back