Corruption kills Gamer Spirit - My Story UPDATE! :)

Barney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Okay so with some hard work and some good luck I was able to gather a few games and another system for my bro. I'll be shipping him all these next Saturday through UPS this time. Hopefully everything goes smooth this time.
Pretty much all the games are from my own collection except for a few that i recently purchased for him (fatal frame games, bully, RE5, oblivion, fable 2)

I got a very good deal on the Xbox 360 system too

Wish us luck! :)
(The sexy cat will not be shipped)

12222il.jpg

-------------------------------
Original Post:

A couple of months ago i shipped my little brother a box out the country to Mexico. I sent him various stuff from Cap'N Crunch cereal to video games. He's a huge gamer!

Anyways some of video game related stuff that was inside the box were: an Xbox 360 slim 250gb with the following 360 games:
bully scholarship edition (sealed)
GTA 4
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Dead Space 2
Dead Island Game of the Year Edition(sealed)

I also included the following games for the PS2 and PS1
Parasite Eve with Strategy Guide
GTA 3
GTA Liberty city stories + Strategy Guide
GTA Vice City + Strategy Guide
the simpsons hit and run
fatal frame
taxi driver
spider man
rocketpower

This was going to be his first time ever playing an xbox 360 game and of course his first ever 360 console... But sadly what was suppose to be a big happy moment turned ugly..

i Shipped the box through some Latin company back in September 2012. Once the box arrived to Mexico "DHL" were suppose to deliver the box to my little brother.

Anyways to make this long story short, basically once DHL had the box in their possession, some Federal Police AzzHoles took about 25 boxes out of their warehouse because they suspected that some of the boxes had drugs inside of them. ( One of the 25 boxes that were taken was my box )

Anyways basically they stole the boxes. The Latin company refunded me the amount of money i had insured which was nothing compared to what was actually inside the box ( DID NOT EVER THINK SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD HAPPEN )

I get a call about 2 weeks ago from the Latin Company telling me that they were able to get some of the boxes back (After they paid a few thousands to those corrupted bastards) and that my box would still be delivered. My brother and I got really happy and we were counting down the seconds until the box would finally arrive to his doorstep.... Anyways the box was finally delivered yesterday... I actually wish they wouldn't have delivered the damn box... Basically Nothing was inside besides a few pair of jeans and a few shirts... All the games, tv seasons, console, and personal picture were gone.. even the damn Cap'n crunch Cereal... yeah those bastards must of been starving because they took the cereal too. But they were nice enough to leave the cardboard box ripped in half inside the box..

and that's how corruption works over there... sadly... took me almost a year to get my brother that stuff, since atm i don't have a steady job..

just wanted to share my story, thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
What company was this? Antillas Express?

Aside from that, I'm sorry to hear the BS that happened to you. I've had things missing sending care packages to Cuba... conveniently enough, only the priciest things get jacked.

That is a horrible to hear. Besides the risk of lost/damaged packages that is another risk when shipping internationally and why a lot of people don't. I've yet to ever ship something internationally but there are only a handful of countries that I would if I ever did. IMO you should have used an American based shipping carrier. Sounds like the carrier you used is shady.

Never ship a large shipment to Ethiopia.

[quote name='xfade']What company was this? Antillas Express?

Aside from that, I'm sorry to hear the BS that happened to you. I've had things missing sending care packages to Cuba... conveniently enough, only the priciest things get jacked.[/QUOTE]

No, the company is called Global Cargo

Well these guys took pretty much everything, even the non expensive stuff. sucks :(

[quote name='62t']Are you expecting him to open bully scholarship edition? That game is worth quit a bit sealed.[/QUOTE]

Well i was expecting him to open it. Bully is one of his all time favorite games, he plays it a lot on the PS2. Also when i bought bully some time in the start of 2012, the prices weren't as high as they are now for the game.

Not to be an ass here, but I thought it was pretty common knowledge that international shipping to third world (and even 2nd world) countries was sketchy, at best?

Anyone, you should probably start making calls and see if you can make a claim. But I doubt you can since the police confiscated it under "it could have drugs!".

Did you not insure it for the proper amount? No way in hell I'd ship something like that out without properly insuring it. Regardless, that sucks.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Did you not insure it for the proper amount? No way in hell I'd ship something like that out without properly insuring it. Regardless, that sucks.[/QUOTE]
No i did not. I was just trying to save a few bucks and i got bit in the azz.

[quote name='Vinny']Not to be an ass here, but I thought it was pretty common knowledge that international shipping to third world (and even 2nd world) countries was sketchy, at best?

Anyone, you should probably start making calls and see if you can make a claim. But I doubt you can since the police confiscated it under "it could have drugs!".[/QUOTE]
Well a few years back i had sent my brother a box and it arrived safe without any problems so i assumed everything would be fine with this box too. I guess luck wasn't on my side on this one.

And i won't even bother calling, nothing will be done about. Plus i wouldn't even know who to call. I plan to send him another box once i've acquired a few games and another xbox for him throughout the year. I'm going with UPS this time.

Insuring packages for a large amount is basically telling them to steal it. It was probably smarter to not insure it for the full amount. Weight is another thing they check when they try to eye what they'll steal.

Also, just because UPS is a global company, doesn't mean they don't have thieves working for them and doesn't mean they're immune from lawlessness. The package handlers are the ones who check packages that could potentially hold valuable items inside and notify their friends (often the police, or other local authorities) to take them away using some BS reason. That way, UPS can't hold them accountable nor are they themselves accountable, since they were working with "the law".

Good point. This just makes me so angry that people are doing that and getting away with it.. Those bastards don't have a clue how hard i work to buy all that stuff and they stole it within minutes...

But i'm going to have to take my chances with UPS though because that's the only way i can get my brother a few games and a 360. Electronics are twice as expensive over there so sending him money to buy games or a 360 is just not an option.

[quote name='Barney']No i did not. I was just trying to save a few bucks and i got bit in the azz.

Well a few years back i had sent my brother a box and it arrived safe without any problems so i assumed everything would be fine with this box too. I guess luck wasn't on my side on this one.

And i won't even bother calling, nothing will be done about. Plus i wouldn't even know who to call. I plan to send him another box once i've acquired a few games and another xbox for him throughout the year. I'm going with UPS this time.[/QUOTE]

If UPS ships to Mexico then why the hell would you use some random non credible shipping carrier and even worse ship a package worth several hundred dollars uninsured. That's like a classic move on why lots of US sellers/buyers will only ship to certain countries if they even bother to ship internationally at all.

I just can't believe you could have shipped UPS and went with some random carrier.

I wouldn't even ship a package inside the states with contents worth that much without insurance.

[quote name='needler420']If UPS ships to Mexico then why the hell would you use some random non credible shipping carrier and even worse ship a package worth several hundred dollars uninsured. That's like a classic move on why lots of US sellers/buyers will only ship to certain countries if they even bother to ship internationally at all.

I just can't believe you could have shipped UPS and went with some random carrier.

I wouldn't even ship a package inside the states with contents worth that much without insurance.[/QUOTE]
well that's because i couldn't afford to send the box through UPS and i did insure the box just not for a lot. The Latin company pretty much did their job getting it to Mexico.. But once DHL took over the box was taken by the Feds.

:(

Having UPS ship could have easily cost $200-$300 if not more, international freight is not cheap. Sorry to hear your misfortunes, sounds like your little bro really missed out.

Where in Mexico was this at?

[quote name='skiizim']Having UPS ship could have easily cost $200-$300 if not more, international freight is not cheap. Sorry to hear your misfortunes, sounds like your little bro really missed out.

Where in Mexico was this at?[/QUOTE]
No joke on that price. I sold 2 Heroclix figures on eBay to buyers from Mexico about 5 years ago and it was $70 each for shipping. As you can guess neither wanted to pay for that, but I wasn't going to lose $50 each.

[quote name='skiizim']Having UPS ship could have easily cost $200-$300 if not more, international freight is not cheap. Sorry to hear your misfortunes, sounds like your little bro really missed out.

Where in Mexico was this at?[/QUOTE]

Yeah he did and it kills me inside because he deserve it all and more.
The box was suppose to be deliver to Saltillo, Coahuila but the box was stolen in Monterrey.

I'll be going to gamestop this weekend to see if i can find some cheap games like fable 2 or something.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I'll send him a game if ya give me his address, maybe some other people could pitch in as well. That really sucks bro.[/QUOTE]

That would be very nice of you, really. Thank you so much.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Yeah dude i heard it was bad in mexico cus of all the corruption and cartel gangs.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it is pretty bad over there. But not only does one have to worry about Cartel gang members robbing you but the local police will stop you and pretty much take from you whatever they want.

[quote name='Barney']That would be very nice of you, really. Thank you so much.

Yeah it is pretty bad over there. But not only does one have to worry about Cartel gang members robbing you but the local police will stop you and pretty much take from you whatever they want.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear your story, I live by the border on the mexican side (and shop and do my CAG thing on the USA side :) ) and I know very well what you are talking about.

Shipping in Mexico is a b!tch, basically they have "customs" on the border and they can open/steal your contents if they feel items have not paid taxes or might be having illegal contents.

If you need help shipping stuff let me know, I live like 4 hours away from your brother. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blindinglights']Why is your little brother in Mexico?[/QUOTE]
He lives with my mom.
My dad and mom split a few years back so yeah.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Is it supposed to be delivered by next week? Well I hope he receives it.[/QUOTE]
no, i'll be packing up everything in a box this week and on Saturday i'll take it to UPS. But according to their calculator it will take about a week to get there so that's super fast.

thank you, i really hope the box gets there like it's suppose to this time. I'm very excited. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back