Coscto's Return Policy?

Full_Throttle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey all,
I received an Acer Aspire One netbook as a gift from Costco, and I've read mixed reviews about it. I would love to try one myself, but I'm hesitant to open it. Does anyone know if I can use the "return within 90 days" policy if it's an open electronic, or is it only for sealed items?

Also, another reason I'm holding out is because this netbook has a 160GB HDD. This is a bit overkill for me, simply because I value battery life more than space. I'm wondering if ayone knows if holding out until June/July will provide better netbooks (reason: college)?

Thanks in advance,
Full_Throttle

[quote name='Full_Throttle']Hey all,
Does anyone know if I can use the "return within 90 days" policy if it's an open electronic, or is it only for sealed items?

Also, another reason I'm holding out is because this netbook has a 160GB HDD. This is a bit overkill for me, simply because I value battery life more than space. I'm wondering if ayone knows if holding out until June/July will provide better netbooks (reason: college)?
[/quote]

The return policy is for whatever reason, so so long as it's within the 90 days, you can return it because you didn't like the color of it.

As for whether components will get better, inevitably they will, just as with laptops and desktops if you wait they'll get better over time due to better components being out, cheaper and available. There is a third option however, there is a 6 cell battery available out there for that thing, which should get you twice as much battery life.

[quote name='eau']Will Costco do a full refund on a opened Xbox 360 console bundle?[/quote]

Within 2 years (at least at the two warehouses I've worked at), and so long as you bring back everything that you got with it originally. Usually the bundles included an extra game, an extra controller and the play and charge kit. If you're not sure how long ago you bought it, or what it came with, just go to the membership/member service desk and ask them to look it up for you.

I nearly returned an original xbox to Costco, this was in 2007 and they were about to give me 150 for the package.

Costco has lifetime warranty/return on 360 units.

I returned mine I had bought 3 years ago, got gift card, and rebought one after RROD. It's just a pain to bring all original parts in like headset, extra controller, etc.

[quote name='Brian9824']Costco has lifetime warranty/return on 360 units.[/quote]

That really depends on the different warehouse managers. I've worked at two of them and each one was limited to two years, others may be different, but it'd be safer to go in and check first, or call.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Within 2 years (at least at the two warehouses I've worked at), and so long as you bring back everything that you got with it originally. Usually the bundles included an extra game, an extra controller and the play and charge kit. If you're not sure how long ago you bought it, or what it came with, just go to the membership/member service desk and ask them to look it up for you.[/quote]I know when I brought my second one back to Costco for refund (as they didn't have any on-hand at the time), they needed everything back with it, and I had forgotten a couple of items. Had to make a second trip back, though they did take it back without issue.

bread's done
Back