COSTCO: $99 Spherex 5.1 speaker Xbox YMMV

crazyj

CAGiversary!
This has seemed to have been confirmed $99.99 for a 5.1 speaker set BRICK and MORTAR only from what I've seen. Quality is great and at this price you get a real good bang for your buck.

*update* Appears that I did not notice it seems to be mostly a northwest deal but keep an eye open anyway in case I am wrong*

*edit* forgot to mention but the warranty is crap on the product but since its from Coscto you get their uber awesome return policy*

[quote name='crazyj']At B&M Coscto in NW the speaker set is going for $99.99, I dont have time to check but can anybody else confirm?[/quote]

I haven't personally seen it in my store, but if they were to have it, it would definitly be $99.99. If it were a 'sale' price, it would end in 7, i.e. $99.97.

Well I got these at COMP USA like 3 weeks before Christmas for $150. It's totally worth the money, and I actually replace my BOSE 5.1 system with it. And no, I'm not kidding, if you want pics, I can totally do that. But not that it's better than BOSE, it's just better than the BOSE that I had, which was older and didn't allow for optical or any digital outputs.

The only thing I totally HATE about the Spherex 5.1 system is that sometimes it won't turn on, so I have to get up and turn off the power switch on the back and the back on, before it will work properly. This sucks big time because it makes you set up the entire system's settings all over again to your preference. Also my first sub went out two days after Christmas but COMP USA just swapped the subs out.

[quote name='crazyj']At B&M Coscto in NW the speaker set is going for $99.99, I dont have time to check but can anybody else confirm?[/QUOTE]

Yes, confirmed. Some Costco's have the speakers now for $99.99.

Great deal! :)

Definitely interested, though I don't know if the Costco in LI, New York would have it, and the CompUSA near the mall is utter crap. Thanks for the info though OP, I'd been looking for something similar to this.

The retail price varies a little from store to store. Best buy price is $270 dollars but i have seen them for $300. Very nice set up and i am highly interested in getting my hands on a set.

-joseph

Yup good speakers. I just picked mine up from the S. San Francisco. It was with the xbox 360's. Anyone hear about the change in costco's return policy? Ive heard from people that its a harder to return stuff.

[quote name='jizzbunny']What is the retail price on these, $150?[/quote]

The original retail price on this was $500.

This is an excellent product, problem is this product is marketed more as a Xbox accessory than a home theater system. I bet most consumers balked at paying for an accessory that is several times the price of the Xbox.

BTW... Pioneer came out with a simular product designed for the 360 that also sold poorly.

I have no Costco's in my area. I also can't seem to find these online. Does anyone have a link where I could find these on Costcos website. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='TrialSword']Definitely interested, though I don't know if the Costco in LI, New York would have it, and the CompUSA near the mall is utter crap. Thanks for the info though OP, I'd been looking for something similar to this.[/quote]

Did you check the Long Island, New York costco yet? do they carry that speaker for $99?

Thanks

At this price I might pick up a SECOND set of these speakers. The satellite speakers are based on Omnisat technology and they alone are worth the price (ignoring the subwoofer, receiver, remote, etc.)

I swear there must be a lurker on here who goes to My Costco in Burlington. There was a guy who asked me specifically if we had any Wiis or when we'd be getting them back in. I didn't think much of it then, but today, he came out with one of these Speaker things and was acting real weird to me.

Thanks OP, the 'rents are visiting in a few days and they have a Costco membership. Here's to hoping!

(Bonus Karma, my PC speakers just died on me)

Thanks OP!! I scored one from the Bellingham Wa Costco. So far I;e only tried out the 5.1 on Resistance, but its easily the Best $100 I've ever spent!! For anyone else wondering, there were about 9-10 left.

Does anyone know of where to find one in Southern California near Anaheim? I tried the Cypress store and they dont have them. Please, i was about to spend 400 on a HTIB, but would MUCH rather have these! If anyone in so cal can find one, i'll give you 125 for it! (its 108 with tax, and some funds for your trouble!). Thanks!

Have you thought about calling them up? Im far from the Anaheim region so its a long trek for me

Ive called a couple stores, but whenever i ask they want the item number which no one has posted up. I then explain what it is and give the name of it, and they say they've never carried anything like that EVER at the store. So it seems they are really clueless.

Crazy J, can you tell me which store you got it from, i am willing to drive to SGV for the speakers, i sh!t you not.

hmm Im sorry I cant be of further help, if I do happen to end up at a Costco and see one I will let you know

Shoreline, WA Costco had 22 when I got there last night. They had 21 when I left. Best bang for the buck on surround sound I have ever purchased. 3 optical inputs with 2 included optical cables FTW!!! I just wish the Wii had optical outs. Oh well...thanks CAG!!!

I checked out the Costco in Fullerton, CA
no Spherex speakers to be found. What section of the store did you guys find them in?

[quote name='blitz6speed']Ive called a couple stores, but whenever i ask they want the item number which no one has posted up. I then explain what it is and give the name of it, and they say they've never carried anything like that EVER at the store. So it seems they are really clueless.

Crazy J, can you tell me which store you got it from, i am willing to drive to SGV for the speakers, i sh!t you not.[/quote]

Someone on another forum posted (Costco Item #176470) as the item number. I got mine over the weekend up in Berkeley, CA. Someone said they are sitting next to the xbox 360's. But the store I went to, they were near the tv's / home stereo section. BTW you can't miss them, the box is freaken huge.

Has anyone had any luck calling to check their stock, or am I better off just going to check it out in person?

Ok, i called a ton of stores with that item number and no one had any! If anyone knows of a store in So Cal with one, please post it, or i will have to get my buddy in n. cali to go buy it near him and ship it to me which is going to cost a bundle =(

Thanks guys.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']this can output regular tv sound as well as the 360, right?[/quote]

I don't really understand your question...but if you are asking about inputs: It has two optical inputs, one Coax digital input, and an old school RCA inputs. So yeah if your TV has an audio out there will be a place to input it on the Spherex system.

The only bad thing about this system is if you lose your remote control or the IR receiver malfunctions, your entire system won't work.

Thank you CAG!
Got onelastnight at Issaqua costco (3 left). It's freaking NICE especially for the price.

Beats out my old sony set that I paid $550 for six years ago.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']I don't really understand your question...but if you are asking about inputs: It has two optical inputs, one Coax digital input, and an old school RCA inputs. So yeah if your TV has an audio out there will be a place to input it on the Spherex system.

The only bad thing about this system is if you lose your remote control or the IR receiver malfunctions, your entire system won't work.[/quote]

k thanks, question answered

Called a couple of stores in the Dallas area. Got confirmation that these are not being carried in any of the Texas stores :(

dang, didn't see these at my costco. I remember reading about these before they came out...for 100 bucks it's a no brainer.

For anyone who bought them...how heavy is the box? I would pay 150 if someone could ship it to me...(of course that might not be worth the price, haha)

I reconfirmed with my receipt and the Item Number is #176470.

The weight on the box says 55lbs.

bread's done
Back