Costco and xbox 360

McNutsack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
EDIT: I contacted my Costco and they don't have any 360's in.

I was wondering, if I ordered the Assassins Creed bundle from their website(it's all they have), and I ever needed to return it, say in a year it breaks down, would MY Costco let me return it to them?
Or does it not count since it's from an online Costco, and not technically there's?

Thanks for the help.
And yeah, I refuse to buy it from anywhere else; I need this "warranty" they have.

You can return anything you buy from costco.com at any Costco warehouse. You have only 90 days with certain electronics and such, as detailed on costco.com. Last time I checked, video game consoles did not fall under the 90 day catagory.

Awesome, thanks.
So I'll just need to show them my online invoice in future?

So that means the 360 really is pretty much a lifetime warranty?
My mom works there and always tries to debate that it's only 90 day, but from this forum It seems different.

Oh and err, I really dislike Assassins Creed, but it's all their bundle has.
If in a year my console breaks, and I try to return it without AS, what will they do?
I wanna sell it, since I already own it.

They have a 2 year - no questions asked - return policy on everything. They monitor accounts for abuse....so if you start returning stuff every month they will put a stop....but you really gotta abuse it.

Laptops, TV's and Ipods are the exceptions - you only have 90 days, but they extend the warranty period an extra 2 years over the manufacturers.

If your mom works there and she says it's 90 days, that tells me it's 90 days. Also, if she works there, what's the problem? If it breaks and she knows someone, wouldn't they "take care of it" for her? That's the treatment I got when I worked at Circuit City.

[quote name='Redeema']If your mom works there and she says it's 90 days, that tells me it's 90 days. Also, if she works there, what's the problem? If it breaks and she knows someone, wouldn't they "take care of it" for her? That's the treatment I got when I worked at Circuit City.[/quote]

Oh, my moms an independent vendor.
She works in costcos around the USA, selling jewelry and scuba gear and other overpriced stuff, so I don't have complete faith in what she says, lol.

Even if the warranty is only 2 years, that makes me content.
By the time it breaks, I can return it for store credit, then go buy a new SKU xbox that wont break down.
Perfect!

Now just gotta find someone to sell that extra controller to.

Hey I"m a vendor at Coscto too, and I"m 100% certain that it is pretty much a lifetime guarantee for video game consoles. There shouldn't be any worries about ever returning your 360 there.

From what I understand, the 90 day is what it's supposed to be on consoles, but none of the Costcos around me stick to that. And if it breaks during the next two years, take in your receipt, and if they say that you need Assassin's Creed, just ask them to take a system from the floor (assuming they have them at that point, but if they don't, this here's a moot one) and switch yours with it, leaving the rest of whatever was opened in the package to be immediately returned (possibly within the same transaction?). As far as I know from folks there, shouldn't be a problem. Just don't abuse it and mess it up for the rest of us... Costco is awesome that way...

All right, thanks.
I hope that guy is right about being able to buy from costco.com and return it any time, even 3 years later, to my local costco?

I'm buying it soon, I dont have enough.
They charge $34 tax, I wasnt expecting that (Amazon spoils me)

Hey guys... was doing a search on CAG for info about returning 360's to Costco and this seemed like the most relevant one to post a slightly related question:

I bought my 360 in a bundle with PGR3, a Play N Charge kit and an extra wireless controller about 1.5 years ago from Costco. Just this week my 360 started to crap out and do the RROD thing. So my question is: Is it possible to exchange JUST my 360 to Costco? Do I have to bring back every part of the bundle with it in order to exchange? Most importantly, do I HAVE to exchange the 360 with my HDD? I don't really feel like losing all of my downloaded games and saved games.

If it is too much trouble I might just suck it up and send the 360 to MS and wait the month for repair as opposed to exchanging it where I bought it. Anyone who has insight or has dealt with exchanging their console to Costco, your input would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']If it is too much trouble I might just suck it up and send the 360 to MS and wait the month for repair as opposed to exchanging it where I bought it. Anyone who has insight or has dealt with exchanging their console to Costco, your input would be very much appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

I would be really surprised if it took a month to get your console back. They have apparently greatly sped up th process in the past year. I've had three 360 repairs-

In January 2007 (failed DVD drive)- it took exactly 3 weeks from the day I called to the day I received a repaired console back. Sent in a 1/06 manufactured console and got a refurbed 4/06 model

In June/July 2007-(RROD) It took 3 weeks and 6 days. (But during this turnaround is when they extended the RROD warranty to 3 years and got inundated with previously out of warranty repairs. i.e. everyone who was previously "out of warranty" was now back in and trying to get a repair) Sent in my 4/06 refurb and got back a 1/07 refurb

In June 2008-(RROD) It took only ONE week from my call to my receipt of a new console. Sent in a 1/07 refurb and got a new (5/28/08 manufacturing date) console.

Things that were different this third time-
1. they sent all boxes back and forth via fedex overnight where the two previous times they sent everything UPS 3-day select.

2. They had me send the power supply as well as the console.

In every case, you get to keep your hard drive so you lose no data which in my case outweighed the instant exchange at Costco.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']So my question is: Is it possible to exchange JUST my 360 to Costco? Do I have to bring back every part of the bundle with it in order to exchange? Most importantly, do I HAVE to exchange the 360 with my HDD? I don't really feel like losing all of my downloaded games and saved games.[/quote]

It greatly depends on who you get when you go there and exchange it. If you are really nice they may offer to do that when you explain the situation. If you are a jackass, prepare to be told that you need to return absolutely everything.

More than likely, what they'll have you do is go through and buy the new one and then return the old one with the new hard drive. There is a very slim chance, and I'm talking single digit percentage that they will return you all your money first with missing pieces and then you can go buy it and give them the remaining pieces out of the new one; but don't expect it, it's a very risky move on their part.

Just in case anyone's still wondering, Costco does indeed replace old systems. I bought a XBox 360 bundle in August 2006 which came with a play and charge kit, an extra controller, and a copy of PGR 3. I was really fortunate that it never broke down on me until late June 2008. Rather than deal with Microsoft and get a refurbished system, I tried my luck at Costco and they took it back. Their only condition was that I bring back everything that came with the bundle and they did a full return. They were even nice enough to let me keep my old hard drive with the new system I picked up. Costco is definitly the best place to buy consoles. It's too bad people abused their policies and TVs and computers are now 90 days only.

bread's done
Back