Costco, BB and AC:WW

strebor

CAGiversary!
I finally broke down, I want AC:WW. I have gift cards from Christmas for both Costco and BB, so I want to get it there. I think I'm gonna pick up the MK bundle from Costco so I get their return policy. Does Costco carry AC:WW, or do I have to wait until one of my local BBs have AC:WW in stock? My Costco had a grand total of two DS games. :(

Also, is BB's stock checker online accurate? One store kinda near me is showing in stock and it's been like that for a couple of days.

I think its very accurate actually...on the 30th of december I checked and none of the BB's in my area had a copy. On Jan 1st I checked and 4 out of 5 did. I went and sure enough, they had 6-7 new copies with the price label in the DS games section specifically saying 1/1/2006 at the bottom, indicating that the shipment was VERY recent.

Go get a kind-looking clerk to look in back for you, and MAKE SURE you let them know it was indicated as available when you checked online.

Even if it's not on the shelf, it's somewhere in the store. Occasionally they can't find it though, but usually the department (media) manager knows where to find it.

Well, I went today and I found three copies there (Culver City, CA). So I guess it was accurate. They actually had a whole bunch of decent games for right after Christmas. Also used the $10 off coupon, score.

Now I just need to get me a DS. :D

The BB stock indicator is pretty damn accurate. It's only been wrong once on my part but that was when they had one copy left of something that supposedly sold out the previous day (Lucky Me!).

AC:WW is so fricking addictive. I almost wish I'd bought Castlevania. Sigh. I have SOOOO many unopened games thanks to TRU and EB...Metroid Prime 2...RE4...Viewtiful Joe 2...When will I EVER find the time to play them all...

Grr....still haven't finished Mario and Luigi either...AC:WW has definitely already passed the "worth the money" phase, so whenever I stop playing I won't feel like it was a mistake buy.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Grr....still haven't finished Mario and Luigi either...AC:WW has definitely already passed the "worth the money" phase, so whenever I stop playing I won't feel like it was a mistake buy.[/QUOTE]
Feel the same way about Phoenix Wright. I'm halfway through it, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Even though it won't end up being very long and I'll probably not pick it up again for a long time, it was a good buy. I'm just anxious to finish it now so I can go back a finally finish Fire Emblem (GC), just so I can say I finished another one.

Yea...my problem is that 2 out of my 3 games technically don't have an "ending" so to speak...Mario Kart and AC:WW can go on forever (though they do have unlockable limits, they are both kinda far on the horizon for me)...at least Mario and Luigi has an ending, but when it does I will be sad because its a great RPG.

I wish they would port Chrono Trigger or FFVII to the DS...a game with some meat on it...that would be cool...I'll have to get FFIII when it comes out...

bread's done
Back