Costco Blu-ray and DVD Discount [April 13 - May 3]

Pr0JectNymPh0!

CAGiversary!
I got my Costco mail and they have coupons for assorted titles. Sorry I'm not sure about the retail price but I guess that the price must be the same as the one in costco.com.

:br: [$6 OFF with coupon - no limit]
Sleeping Beauty
Wall-E 2 Disc Set
Cars
Pinocchio
Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Ratatouille

:dvd: [$5 OFF with coupon - no limit] [also available at costco.com]
Marley & Me
007 Quantum of Solace
Australia
Horton
Slumdog Millionaire

:dvd: [B1G1 FREE with coupon - no limit]
The X-Files S1-S9
Stargate SG1 S1-S10

Meh. Only BR I don't have in that list is BHC and there's no way I'm buying that garbage. I got the ad and I'm disappointed that they didn't include Marley, 007 or Horton blu's :(

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']I got my Costco mail and they have coupons for assorted titles. Sorry I'm not sure about the retail price but I guess that the price must be the same as the one in costco.com.

:br: [$6 OFF with coupon - no limit]
Sleeping Beauty
Wall-E 2 Disc Set
Cars
Pinocchio
Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Ratatouille

:dvd: [$5 OFF with coupon - no limit] [also available at costco.com]
Marley & Me
007 Quantum of Solace
Australia
Horton
Slumdog Millionaire

:dvd: [B1G1 FREE with coupon - no limit]
The X-Files S1-S9
Stargate SG1 S1-S10[/quote]

The mailer I have also says "other titles" under the Blu-ray section so PoTC and others might be cheap.

How much does SG1 go for there? I have S1 from Nov 07 when Wally World had most for 20. If they charge 20 a piece, I may bite on S2&3. I seriously bite if it were the original gatefold X-Files releases. But I'd rather wait for a deal on the series box set that re-includes what the individual slim packs don't

[quote name='xmunitalp']And If I recall correctly, they are the original fat ones. Def worth it.[/quote]

It may be YMMV, but many are reporting its the slim version.

People should also know that a lot of the warehouses are now requiring you to have and give up the coupon to take advantage of these deals, so if you didn't get the newest coupon book in the mail, this will be extremely YMMV.

The more you know...

Incorrect. Costco now automatically removes ALL coupons if you prove you have the mailer. There is no need to hand over the coupons anymore.

[quote name='RoGo7']It may be YMMV, but many are reporting its the slim version.[/quote]
The slim versions were released about 4-5 years ago. You'd be DAMN lucky if your local Costco has the gatefold "fat" copies. I haven't seen those brand new in at least 4 1/2 years personally...

Hmmm, could someone confirm whether or not Costco has the X-files sets for $19.99 or $24.99??? my costco is a drive away and don't want to have to drive in 30 minutes if they are $24.99 (I'd get them all if I can get the for $10 a season :D )

Prices as I saw them last week for BR (dont hold me to this)
Sleeping Beauty - $24.99
Wall-E 2 Disc Set - $18.99
Cars - ??
Pinocchio - $18.99
Beverly Hills Chihuahua - ??
Ratatouille - ??

[quote name='jazzman']Any idea if Costco carries Nightmare Before Xmas? Since that is the only animated Disney movie that I don't own yet.[/QUOTE]

This movie freaking expensive almost everywhere. Last time i saw Costco have it for $25.98 - $6 coupon = $21.XX after taxes is OK deal.

[quote name='buerick']Prices as I saw them last week for BR (dont hold me to this)
Sleeping Beauty - $24.99
Wall-E 2 Disc Set - $18.99
Cars - ??
Pinocchio - $18.99
Beverly Hills Chihuahua - ??
Ratatouille - ??[/quote]

Those prices for Wall-e and Pinocchio are for the SD DVD not BR. I would have jumped on Pinocchio and Wall-e had they been that cheap. That didn't come out right. ;)

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Incorrect. Costco now automatically removes ALL coupons if you prove you have the mailer. There is no need to hand over the coupons anymore.[/quote]

I am not sure if you read my post completely, but I said that if you didn't get the mailer, this will be extremely YMMV. Which you re-stated. I imagine it would be tough to prove that you have it if you weren't mailed one.

I also said that a lot of warehouses are requiring you to hand over the coupons, which I saw happening today at my regular warehouse and was told by an employee at another location that it is supposed to be that way at all locations, because of redemption rates on some coupons being ridiculously high.

Are you an employee in the home office who knows that no location should be requiring the coupons handed over, or are you just saying that I'm incorrect because your one location isn't requiring the coupons turned over?

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Incorrect. Costco now automatically removes ALL coupons if you prove you have the mailer. There is no need to hand over the coupons anymore.[/quote]No, you're incorrect.

They're requiring you to have at least one of the original coupons, now that they're auto-deducting the coupon value from everything that would get a coupon discount. They used to need all of the coupons and would manually scan each coupon to get the discount, though now, they're requiring you to have at least one original coupon and must hand it to them in the checkout process.

This makes sure that you're supposed to be getting the discount by showing you did receive the coupon book in the mail.

[quote name='shrike4242']No, you're incorrect.

They're requiring you to have at least one of the original coupons, now that they're auto-deducting the coupon value from everything that would get a coupon discount. They used to need all of the coupons and would manually scan each coupon to get the discount, though now, they're requiring you to have at least one original coupon and must hand it to them in the checkout process.

This makes sure that you're supposed to be getting the discount by showing you did receive the coupon book in the mail.[/quote]

They USED to need the coupons. It may be your physical location that requires you to hand over 1 coupon,but the stores in my area see that you have the book in hand and scan the special "remove all" barcode and off you go. Besides how many Costco's have you been in where the idiot before you left the entire booklet in the cart?

I got S2-7 of SG-1 earlier today for my birthday today and my parents had to relinquish the coupon and the discount wasn't applied at checkout with out it. So I guess it is YMMV in that respect

[quote name='blk00civicsi']They USED to need the coupons. It may be your physical location that requires you to hand over 1 coupon,but the stores in my area see that you have the book in hand and scan the special "remove all" barcode and off you go. Besides how many Costco's have you been in where the idiot before you left the entire booklet in the cart?[/quote]Before they did the auto-deduct on the coupons, they needed all the coupons to get the discount. For about a month after they started to do the auto-deduct on the coupons, they didn't need any of the coupons. That was about 3-4 months ago. Since that point, they've needed one or more of the coupons to be handed to them to go with the purchase.

And yes, I've seen more than a few coupon books left in carts. That, and the single coupons being left behind on the item for that item, for the next person to use.

So, no, it's not usually an issue to find spare coupons or coupon books at Costco, though at least at my store, they need one or more of the coupons to be handed over at time of the transaction.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I got S2-7 of SG-1 earlier today for my birthday today and my parents had to relinquish the coupon and the discount wasn't applied at checkout with out it. So I guess it is YMMV in that respect[/quote]How much was Stargate?

[quote name='shrike4242']Before they did the auto-deduct on the coupons, they needed all the coupons to get the discount. For about a month after they started to do the auto-deduct on the coupons, they didn't need any of the coupons. That was about 3-4 months ago. Since that point, they've needed one or more of the coupons to be handed to them to go with the purchase.

And yes, I've seen more than a few coupon books left in carts. That, and the single coupons being left behind on the item for that item, for the next person to use.

So, no, it's not usually an issue to find spare coupons or coupon books at Costco, though at least at my store, they need one or more of the coupons to be handed over at time of the transaction.

How much was Stargate?[/quote]

Stargate and the X-files seasons were all $24.99

[quote name='wormraper']Stargate and the X-files seasons were all $24.99[/quote]Good to hear. Decent price without the B1G1 and far better with the B1G1.

[quote name='shrike4242']Good to hear. Decent price without the B1G1 and far better with the B1G1.[/quote]
Yeah, I know. Makes the BoGos that DDD runs look like crap lol. Had I the money, I myself would have finished out SG1 and padded the last of the BOGO with S1 of Xfiles

I've had S1 of SG1 since Nov '07, so I'd been waiting with baited breath for a steal of a deal like this. Oh well, S2-7 will give me very ample time

Out of pure curiosity, does the box set of the complete SG1 have any extras that were never on the individual releases???

bread's done
Back