• BULLITT
  • A CLOCKWORK ORANGE : SPECIAL EDITION
  • THE COWBOYS (1972)
  • ENTER THE DRAGON
  • ERASER
  • EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOSE
  • THE FUGITIVE
    icon13.gif
    (This is on the CAG glitch list for bad video mastering recommend avoiding)
  • THE GAUNTLET
  • LETHAL WEAPON 1
  • LETHAL WEAPON 2
  • MARCH OF THE PENGUINS
  • THE OMEGA MAN
  • OUTBREAK
  • ROAD WARRIOR MAD MAX 2
  • RUMOR HAS IT
  • THE SHINING SPECIAL EDITION
  • SPACE COWBOYS
  • SWORDFISH
  • UNDER SEIGE 2
  • WYATT EARP

There was one other title but I can't remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
These titles are always cheap/on-sale somewhere. I've picked up Troy, Alexander and 300 for under $10 ea.

Just saying not to impulse buy on these title. Thnx OP though.

[quote name='shadowkast']These titles are always cheap/on-sale somewhere. I've picked up Troy, Alexander and 300 for under $10 ea.

Just saying not to impulse buy on these title. Thnx OP though.[/quote]

Yes, but this is first time I have seen Clockwork Orange & The Omega Man in with these. A few were $10 at Wal-Mart BF but I am not waiting that long again, and last time there were some bad versions of movies in the bin (defective Young Guns . . .etc.).

Not to threadcrap or anything, but this has been going on for a while just about everywhere -- not just Costco. Other titles included are Pan's Labyrinth, Predator, and the original Robocop release. Lots of Fox/Paramount releases. $12.99 is becoming the MSRP for these first release titles, and most of them are also MPEG2 encoding..

[quote name='jaysapathy']Not to threadcrap or anything, but this has been going on for a while just about everywhere -- not just Costco. Other titles included are Pan's Labyrinth, Predator, and the original Robocop release. Lots of Fox/Paramount releases. $12.99 is becoming the MSRP for these first release titles, and most of them are also MPEG2 encoding..[/quote]

I wouldn't call it MSRP, but some of these are regularly on sale at a $10+ price point.

Many have solid reviews and are good HD masterings (unlike the terrible Fugitive in this sale group and the Predator 1st Blu release).

MSRP on most of these titles is actually $14.99, just looked it up. It's because of the MPEG2 encoding. The studios will probably end up reissuing them with the MPEG4 encoding. It'll be interesting to see what happens..

I understand about the MPEG2 VC-1 encoding being an issue for some.

I doubt the Omega Man will ever get remastered into an MPEG4 version within the next few years.

And not to be argumentative: I also just looked up the official MSRP* (not regular sales prices) on
Clockwork Orange:
Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price: $28.99

Alexander : also $28.99
The Omega Man (MSRP): $28.99
The Shining is also $28.99

However, most all of these can be found online at or near $13 at one or another major retailer.

For those of us interested in purchasing them at costco it's mostly about the price, convenience and cashback.

Personally, I am not going to pay for a future release of Troy, MOTP or Alexander even if it's remastered; These are all casual viewings films for me. The Shining and Clockwork Orange I might purchase if remastered at a Criterion level.

*I checked each at HDD, and/or HTF and/or DVDtalk

^if it means anything the sticker showed 18.99 but i went to the front to double check and get it scanned but still showed up as 18.99.

this location is in northridge, ca

Picked up Eraser and Outbreak. Movies good enough for a $12.99 purchase methinks. Would've bought The Fugitive but I'm hesitant of it's quality for the price. Think I'll wait till I find it for $10 or lower...

Troy is $18.99 btw, at my Costco (Rancho Cordova, CA).

This is the official list btw

THE FUGITIVE
LETHAL WEAPON 1
SPACE COWBOYS
SWORDFISH
LETHAL WEAPON 2
RUMOR HAS IT
ENTER THE DRAGON
BULLITT
ROAD WARRIOR MAD MAX 2
BATTLE OF THE BULGE
WYATT EARP