Costco: DualShock 4 $49.99

Picked one up today as well. It's not going to see much use on my PS4 since there really are no local multiplayer games but it did work great on the PC.

BLOODY HELL! ABORT ABORT! The rubber just came off my left thumbstick, upon googling it, it seems that it is happening to most people. T_T

The base looks about the same size as old PS2/3 sticks. Can you just open it up and stick on some tried and true sticks from an old controller?

The base looks about the same size as old PS2/3 sticks. Can you just open it up and stick on some tried and true sticks from an old controller?
Nah, the openings are about 1/4 smaller, the caps on the old sticks wouldn't even fit through. Just gonna take it back I guess and wait for Sony to sort it out.

BLOODY HELL! ABORT ABORT! The rubber just came off my left thumbstick, upon googling it, it seems that it is happening to most people. T_T
It's Costco. Take it back and get another. My first DS4 has seen almost constant use since I received my PS4 mid last week (just wanted to do a heavy break in to makes sure the hardware was fine) and I have had no problems with my current controller. Glad I'm not the only gamer under my roof.

The new one has seen about 4 hours of Killzone and BF4 and is fine but I will continue to use the hell out of it to make sure it's happy.

It's Costco. Take it back and get another. My first DS4 has seen almost constant use since I received my PS4 mid last week (just wanted to do a heavy break in to makes sure the hardware was fine) and I have had no problems with my current controller. Glad I'm not the only gamer under my roof.

The new one has seen about 4 hours of Killzone and BF4 and is fine but I will continue to use the hell out of it to make sure it's happy.
Considering the hundreds of people reporting the same issue, AND Sony themselves saying it was a bad batch of rubber, I think not. Returned for a refund.

Considering the hundreds of people reporting the same issue, AND Sony themselves saying it was a bad batch of rubber, I think not. Returned for a refund.
Hundreds of people out of 1,000,000+ DS4s sold is not too bad a fail rate. If it was a bad batch of rubber, that would explain why it's affecting some unfortunate people but not everyone.

bread's done
Back