Costco DVD box set Deals

smashingradioheads

CAGiversary!
Just got back from Costco in Fullerton, CA and noticed they had all the X-Files seasons for 23 bucks each and they are the big boxes with the extra disc not the new slim cases. Also, they had the Alien Quadrilogy set, Pink Panther set, and the Die Hard Trilogy(5 star) for $31 each. I'll probably be going back to get the Alien set. :D

Oh man. I wish I had a Costco within 100 miles of me. It'd be worth the trip for the X-Files sets.

Sonofabitch.

Man that Alien set is a steal at $31. I've had mine since it came out and who knows how much I paid. The making of docs for all the films are top notch.

there's also a new set of costco coupons for $10 off FOX/MGM dvd collections (die-hard trilogy, pink panther, rocky anthology, and xmen trilogy).

i guess that would bring the price of die-hard and pink panther down to $21?! a steal.

[quote name='varock']there's also a new set of costco coupons for $10 off FOX/MGM dvd collections (die-hard trilogy, pink panther, rocky anthology, and xmen trilogy).

i guess that would bring the price of die-hard and pink panther down to $21?! a steal.[/quote]

This particular set is supposed to be OOP/going to be re-released soon when the 4th installment hits theatres.

[quote name='varock']there's also a new set of costco coupons for $10 off FOX/MGM dvd collections (die-hard trilogy, pink panther, rocky anthology, and xmen trilogy).

i guess that would bring the price of die-hard and pink panther down to $21?! a steal.[/quote]

Holy Crap! Awesome. Pink Panther is mine now.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']This particular set is supposed to be OOP/going to be re-released soon when the 4th installment hits theatres.[/quote]

There is actually two sets, the set that has the 5 Star series two discs for each movie and the other is just the original releases from back in 98. I got the 5 Star series trilogy the day it came out years ago. I'm sure they're further gonna remaster the picture and audio again. As far as I remember, both are pretty top notch for the 5 Star series anyhow

Oh yeah, sorry that I didnt clarify that the Die Hard set is the 5 star version and not the single disc version that they sell at Target for 20.

[quote name='smashingradioheads']Oh yeah, sorry that I didnt clarify that the Die Hard set is the 5 star version and not the single disc version that they sell at Target for 20.[/quote]

Its still worth it for that price. I think I paid either 30 or 40 for my copy the day it came out.

I still remember getting the original releases back in 98 for 15 bucks at CompUSA heh

I might see if mine has the Alien set. Only the 1st two movies are really worth owning though (IMO) so I don't know...

[quote name='WebScud']Oh man. I wish I had a Costco within 100 miles of me. It'd be worth the trip for the X-Files sets.

Sonofabitch.[/quote]

Hell yeah. Especially since these sets were $100 MINIMUM FOR EACH SEASON/SET when they came out (and for many years), and some places like Best Buy had them for $125-140. I wouldn't mind the new sets (especially if they cleaned up the footage and maybe even made it widescreen???), but this is a fantastic price.

[quote name='wubb']I might see if mine has the Alien set. Only the 1st two movies are really worth owning though (IMO) so I don't know...[/QUOTE]

think of it as 21.99 for Alien and Aliens with 7 bonus discs that happen to include Alien3 and Alien Resurrection along with tons of bonus content-

But the Alien set isn't one of the ones with the $10 coupon right?

[quote name='chakan']I'd buy the last two from you for $15, if that makes your decision easier, Wubb[/QUOTE]

Tempting.

[quote name='wubb']But the Alien set isn't one of the ones with the $10 coupon right?

Tempting.[/QUOTE]

it's the same sku#/price and was on sale for the same amount with most of the same titles last year I'm 99.9998% sure it is

[quote name='trunks982']i saw the predator pack. predator 1,2, and alien vs. it was 29.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought that was a good deal, especially as I haven't seen the AVP extended version (not sure how much is new, but curious to see it). It's from FOX, so I'm going back to try for a $10 reimbursement with the coupon.

[quote name='wubb']I might see if mine has the Alien set. Only the 1st two movies are really worth owning though (IMO) so I don't know...[/QUOTE]

Actually, the third is a restored version that includes, if I remember, about 30 minutes of extra footage that honestly makes it a better movie. Plus the featurettes delve a little into the production problems and the original vision for the film, all of which is pretty interesting.

bread's done
Back