Costco Gold Star Membership PLUS $20 in Costco cash and $30.97 in coupons for $55 total.

The $30 in coupons is for their brand rotisserie (sp?) chicken and apple pie and some toilet paper. Not sure if the $55 is worth the $20 off.

How is Costco for deals?  I'm guessing that they're not usually competitive vs. Amazon, BB, Target, etc., but do they ever get some one-off deals that would make this worth it?  I'm on the fence based on the grocery and housewares benefits of membership, but if there's the possibility of good deals for a CAG, I might bite.

How is Costco for deals? I'm guessing that they're not usually competitive vs. Amazon, BB, Target, etc., but do they ever get some one-off deals that would make this worth it? I'm on the fence based on the grocery and housewares benefits of membership, but if there's the possibility of good deals for a CAG, I might bite.
Well, they only carry 1-2 major releases in store at any given time. For example, I was there on Sunday and all they had was Madden and Destiny. Both games were $52.99 on PS4 and Xbox One. They also had PS4 and Xbox One bundles that required purchasing an extra controller and were just slightly discounted. In short, Costco is not great for games and you can often get better prices at other major retailers.

Allow me to make your shit thread better for you.

I+love+SharpWriter+so+much.+He+is+a+_93a97342a77befd8d1f7b21d76a99643.jpg

I love Costco but the only game I ever saw for sale at the one closest to me was Wolfenstein. That location only sells PS4 and XBone bundles.

OP.. I think you should submit this thread to comedy network. You could get your own show. You're the new tosh. :eek: you can redeem yourself by looking up those forums where stay at home moms hang out and post this there. They will love you. If you're into cougar MILFs.. you'll be a god.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is Costco for deals? I'm guessing that they're not usually competitive vs. Amazon, BB, Target, etc., but do they ever get some one-off deals that would make this worth it? I'm on the fence based on the grocery and housewares benefits of membership, but if there's the possibility of good deals for a CAG, I might bite.
Not really great for gaming deals but not bad for everything else. The way it works (as I understand it) is that they sell products with just enough margin to keep the operations running and employees paid (which pay better than almost every other retail job) and rely on the membership fees to turn a profit. It's been about a decade since I was on the retail end of commerce but there was very little profit in gaming software* then and I doubt it's changed much. I wager that they make quite a deal with publishers for those two shelf spots.

*Or consoles. That's why retailers are keen on pushing bundle packs. They turn a much larger profit on accessories like controllers and memory cards.

bread's done
Back