Costco just called me and offered me a PS3

P dad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Costco just called me from Seattle and offered me a PS3 saying that I had one in my cart before the web site crashed a few weeks ago. Since I was planning on flipping it on Ebay and that market is gone now, I declined...
I think it was great customer service!!!

[quote name='P dad']Costco just called me from Seattle and offered me a PS3 saying that I had one in my cart before the web site crashed a few weeks ago. Since I was planning on flipping it on Ebay and that market is gone now, I declined...
I think it was great customer service!!![/QUOTE]

The market isn't gone, search auctions and 20 gb systems are getting $600-700 easy.

60 GB still go towards $1000 if lucky, the lowest I've seen a 60 go is 700 before shipping.

Come the 12th to the 21st, you will see systems near the launch day prices again

Regardless of how many people are "scoring" PS3's at stores, the truth is this

BM.com was the only retailer to offer it online in the past week

Stores have been getting small numbers that get bought within SECONDS of display

The average consumer CAN NOT find a console within a store setting or MSRP online price

Interest in the PS3 is still very high, even with the 360 and the Wii making huge leaps in popularity

Systems will be impossible to find the week before Christmas.

I would have taken it. I'm happy to make $10 on a game why wouldn't I be happy to make $100 on a system that would take me all but 10 minutes of listing and 10 miutes of shipping to sell.

[quote name='sarausagi']Come the 12th to the 21st, you will see systems near the launch day prices again[/QUOTE]

I think you are very wrong about a jump in PS3 Ebay prices. I think a lot of people are holding out that hope, but my opinion is that there will be little to no spike.

I would of taken it as well, you'd still be making a nice profit.

He probably wants $2,000+ in profit, or at least something along those lines. Which is just ridiculous.

[quote name='P dad']Costco just called me from Seattle and offered me a PS3 saying that I had one in my cart before the web site crashed a few weeks ago. Since I was planning on flipping it on Ebay and that market is gone now, I declined...
I think it was great customer service!!![/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I had one in my cart and didn't get a call. Though my wife did say someone called earlier today and wanted to talk to me and me only and wouldn't leave a message :whistle2:k

[quote name='cheapfrag']I think you are very wrong about a jump in PS3 Ebay prices. I think a lot of people are holding out that hope, but my opinion is that there will be little to no spike.[/QUOTE]

wanna bet on it

The phone number had a (425) prefix and they didn't leave a message for me either...
As for only wanting to make $2000 that isn't true. Living in Hawaii Costco won't ship to me and I would have had to have it sent to someone on the mainland and then send it back to me to sell. The time and money of sending that huge ps3 just seemed like to much of a movie.........

[quote name='io']Hmmm... I had one in my cart and didn't get a call. Though my wife did say someone called earlier today and wanted to talk to me and me only and wouldn't leave a message :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I really should have left my name.

[quote name='Roufuss']Sorry, I really should have left my name.[/QUOTE]

Are you a woman with an Indian accent? :rofl:

[quote name='postaboy']wanna bet on it[/QUOTE]
Sure - how about a buck? I hope you're right because it will make my decision easier on whether to keep the thing or not, but I'm not holding out hope for it.

The people who are really holding out hope for the price to go back up is the same group of people who thought they'd be putting their kids through (community) college with the profits at launch.

There just isn't enough people with that much disposable income to purchase all those sales. Its a rich country, but game consoles arent classified as status symbols quite yet.

[quote name='jalu6']The people who are really holding out hope for the price to go back up is the same group of people who thought they'd be putting their kids through (community) college with the profits at launch.

There just isn't enough people with that much disposable income to purchase all those sales. Its a rich country, but game consoles arent classified as status symbols quite yet.[/quote]

They will definitely go up, Christmas will inflate the price again.

It's still not Christmas

When overnight/express/jet auctions [one days] are going up the night of the 22nd, and the value is still sub retail, then I'll admit I was wrong

But for the most part, I'm having trouble finding any auctions being bid on without reserve below $670 and they all go up past $700 at the least.

I'll happily admit I was wrong when 1 day auctions stay low and craigslist doesn't skyrocket the 24th.

Oh, by the way....

2270 PS3's ending within 24 hours.

That will leave eBay at LESS than 2000 consoles listed within the next 24 hours

Anything listed later would have to be one day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstatio...9QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And here's a nice example of legitimate auction.

Also, 1559 with at least one bid ending within the next day located in the United States.

So...no..you can't say they won't go up until it's 26th of December and they didn't go up .

7604 consoles ending within the next 3 days, that's the majority of PS3's on eBay...

2957341.34 is 1 percent of the US population...

I'm pretty sure more than 1 percent of the US population wants a PS3 by Christmas.

[quote name='sarausagi']Oh, by the way....

2270 PS3's ending within 24 hours.

That will leave eBay at LESS than 2000 consoles listed within the next 24 hours

Anything listed later would have to be one day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstatio...9QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And here's a nice example of legitimate auction.

Also, 1559 with at least one bid ending within the next day located in the United States.

So...no..you can't say they won't go up until it's 26th of December and they didn't go up .[/QUOTE]

Oh come on... the thread went like this. You said that the WEEK before Xmas (12th to the 21st to be exact), systems would be going for LAUNCH day prices. I said that I thought you were very wrong and that there would be little to no spike. Postaboy asked if I wanted to bet. I said yes, one dollar. I'm here to collect!

[quote name='cheapfrag']Oh come on... the thread went like this. You said that the WEEK before Xmas (12th to the 21st to be exact), systems would be going for LAUNCH day prices. I said that I thought you were very wrong and that there would be little to no spike. Postaboy asked if I wanted to bet. I said yes, one dollar. I'm here to collect![/QUOTE]

what's your paypal email? i'll send you a dollar.

oh what the hey..MERRY CHRISTMAS! first 10 posts with paypal email saying "sara usagi, please give me a dollar" get a dollar in the next 24 hours.

I didn't bet you - I bet postaboy. AND I was hoping that he was right because I had one to get rid of. Instead I will keep the PS3 and hook it up to the plasma TV I just ordered!

[quote name='sarausagi']No takers..going to post a thread[/QUOTE]

I'll take you up on it - but just donate my $1 to charity ;).

[quote name='sarausagi']oh what the hey..MERRY CHRISTMAS! first 10 posts with paypal email saying "sara usagi, please give me a dollar" get a dollar in the next 24 hours.[/quote]

Please donate my dollar to the charity of your choice. Thanks.

[quote name='chicagoz']Please donate my dollar to the charity of your choice. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Bah - she made another thread and all got claimed there... Sarausagi, you didn't give us enough time here!

bread's done
Back