Costco -- Limited Edition Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Bundle - $299.98

Man it really looks nice. I think it is one of the better looking ones. I mean the RE5 one was just red. I have way too many of these special editions. I wish they would quit. LOL

Anyone else like me? LOL

gamingdroid, actually I didn't. I was there last night and picked one up myself, believe it or not. I was pretty shocked when I saw the price.

I wonder if they have modern warfare 3 Xbox 360 consoles at that price of $299.98. Can anyone confirm this?

I didn't even see a modern warfare xbox at Costco (I went yesterday). I also didn't see GOW xbox for that cheap either, so it's got to be YMMV. They did have the Zoom thingie for the Kinect for $16 (after $4 instant rebate) though--and I've seen those at WalMart for $29.

[quote name='Cheapie McGee']I didn't even see a modern warfare xbox at Costco (I went yesterday). I also didn't see GOW xbox for that cheap either, so it's got to be YMMV. They did have the Zoom thingie for the Kinect for $16 (after $4 instant rebate) though--and I've seen those at WalMart for $29.[/QUOTE]

I gave a csm the item number and was told its a online item only, so the ops xbox he found was probably a returned online unit.

[quote name='karyadi']I believe it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

That's a good thing in a way because I was going to have to figure out where I was going to get $300 to buy this console. Now I don't have to worry about it.

This was at the Costco on Central Ave. in Toledo, OH. It wasn't a returned online console, because the sign above the stack read 299.98. There was about 10 or so left. The sign clearly read GoW 3 LE Console Bundle $299.98.

[quote name='gepet0']Man it really looks nice. I think it is one of the better looking ones. I mean the RE5 one was just red. I have way too many of these special editions. I wish they would quit. LOL

Anyone else like me? LOL[/QUOTE]

I have the RE5 one as well, disc drive broke in it so I bought one of the new Xbox's a while ago. Gonna replace the drive and sell it.

This Gears of War bundle is a nice find though. If I didn't already own a new 360 I'd definitely pick one up.

I purchased my GoW3 bundle used but in mint condition for 280.00 it came with all original,packaging plus skyrim.I ended up selling skyrim for 50 and gears 3 for 35 since I already own both games which means I practically paid 195 for the console with 2 controllers and all connections

Was there yesterday and they were $299, iam going back now to see if they still have some since I have an old school 360 I guess its now a good time to upgrade.

Anyone in the DC Metro area interested in this deal should check their local Costco. The Columbia, MD, store had a stack of at least 50 of these bundles today clearly marked at $299.98.

I really, really wanted to pick one up but simply could not justify spending the money when my old phat model still works.

[quote name='gepet0']Man it really looks nice. I think it is one of the better looking ones. I mean the RE5 one was just red. I have way too many of these special editions. I wish they would quit. LOL

Anyone else like me? LOL[/QUOTE]

I had the RE5 edition, it wasn't just red it had the jasper chipset and that's why it was so desirable. Plus it came with SFIV turbo token and a RE5 which I sold immediately. (can't get used to pressing a button to stop/aim/and fire when you're used to so man fps games).

the main draw to the new slim editions are the unique sounds so I'm not as pissed off when i accidently turn off or open the tray...and the larger HDD. the GOW3 one however is certainly a great price for $299 because of the extra D-pad controller and tokens you can probably sell to help offset the cost.

[quote name='100xp']I had the RE5 edition, it wasn't just red it had the jasper chipset and that's why it was so desirable. Plus it came with SFIV turbo token and a RE5 which I sold immediately. (can't get used to pressing a button to stop/aim/and fire when you're used to so man fps games).

the main draw to the new slim editions are the unique sounds so I'm not as pissed off when i accidently turn off or open the tray...and the larger HDD. the GOW3 one however is certainly a great price for $299 because of the extra D-pad controller and tokens you can probably sell to help offset the cost.[/QUOTE]

The sound quality is kind of cr@ppy though.

The Costcos in Oakbrook, Orland Park and Bolingbrook IL have had the Gears 3 bundle for $299.98 for the last two weeks.

[quote name='stickyfeet']I gave a csm the item number and was told its a online item only, so the ops xbox he found was probably a returned online unit.[/QUOTE]

I gave another csm who actually knew what they were doing the item number, and found some at a costco 30 miles away in Boca Raton. They had 7 so I bought 3. One to replace the one I paid 399.99 for from Target, one for my son, and one for my brother-in-law. I left 4 more for other Cagers. Ill piece out 2 controllers and two games on Ebay/craigslist and keep the rest. Thanks OP

[quote name='stickyfeet']I gave another csm who actually knew what they were doing the item number, and found some at a costco 30 miles away in Boca Raton. They had 7 so I bought 3. One to replace the one I paid 399.99 for from Target, one for my son, and one for my brother-in-law. I left 4 more for other Cagers. Ill piece out 2 controllers and two games on Ebay/craigslist and keep the rest. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Rich Ass Gamer?

[quote name='darkskill']Rich Ass Gamer?[/QUOTE]

I sold my old modern warfare Xbox 360 that I got on clearance for 238 for 250 on Craigslist minus the game which I had previoussly sold for 40 and bought this. My 9 year old had my previous Halo Xbox 360 which I had also got on clearance from Hot Topic for 150 and I sold it on Craigslist for 170. So I had actually been paid to play the Xboxes for a few years and got what I paid for them plus some.

Im not rich, but i do have the means to buy what I what or need. Ive also been in the same job for 12 years, and own my own business which I run on my off shift days.

[quote name='stickyfeet']I sold my old modern warfare Xbox 360 that I got on clearance for 238 for 250 on Craigslist minus the game which I had previoussly sold for 40 and bought this. My 9 year old had my previous Halo Xbox 360 which I had also got on clearance from Hot Topic for 150 and I sold it on Craigslist for 170. So I had actually been paid to play the Xboxes for a few years and got what I paid for them plus some.

Im not rich, but i do have the means to buy what I what or need. Ive also been in the same job for 12 years, and own my own business which I run on my off shift days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know how it is man, I was just playin around.

If I didn't already have a 360 I'd probably get one of these. I was really tempted to get one a few months ago but I found a better deal on craigslist.

Just went to a Best Buy and told them about Costco having the gears bundle for 299 and they matched it for me. I didn't think Best Buy matched costco but apparently they do! Thanks OP

[quote name='akokonas']Just went to a Best Buy and told them about Costco having the gears bundle for 299 and they matched it for me. I didn't think Best Buy matched costco but apparently they do! Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

how were they able to verify the $299 price tag? Did they look it up online? Is it even showing up online? At work right now and a lot of links are blocked
thanks
J

[quote name='frowninclown']OP where are you located?[/QUOTE]

I bet I could answer that. Being from Michigan and seeing enough Buckeye's around wearing shirts that have his username on it is beyond disturbing. I hate living in Ohio.

I just bought one sunday night for 299. Came home and listed both controllers on ebay for 60 each. Both sold within an hour. Not bad.

Walked in to the Puyllup, WA store, took a photo and went to Best Buy to price match. I would've bought at Costco, but I don't have a membership.

Best Buy also had a Batman AC CE still and they matched their dot com for $35. Over all a good day of savings thanks to Best Buy.

Costco across Marine World by BestBuy had this at that price, along with PS3 Uncharted 3 bundle too for that price, very nice.

[quote name='psumarsh']i got it in Gaithersburg, MD as well for 249.98[/QUOTE]
Had bought 3 for 299.00 last weekend. I went back today and after the manager called a store that had them for 249.99 I was able to price match. Took about 15 minutes, but Merry Christmas to me.

Had to go to 2 different bestbuys to match, first one had a dick name Sean as their games manger that told me they wouldnt match it because it was a clearance price, they didnt even call to check. Went to the second bestbuy showed the girl a picture of the tag and she matched it no problem, she was kinda cute too. Took longer than expected but after$100 in rewards certificates walked out at $147 and change.

[quote name='dubleo']Any receipt scans or pictures of the 249.99 price?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see this also so I can attempt a pm @ best buy

[quote name='RayMustachio']I'd like to see this also so I can attempt a pm @ best buy[/QUOTE]

Someone on SD posted their receipt.

Is this bundle really a good deal? I bought the 250gb holiday bundle for $200 and GOW3 for $28. I could return or sell the 360 and gift the GOW copy. Is it worth all that for this bundle? I like the skin and sound, the extra controller is nice too. I don't really care about the extra hard drive space though.

[quote name='nvsone']Is this bundle really a good deal? I bought the 250gb holiday bundle for $200 and GOW3 for $28. I could return or sell the 360 and gift the GOW copy. Is it worth all that for this bundle? I like the skin and sound, the extra controller is nice too. I don't really care about the extra hard drive space though.[/QUOTE]

paying for all the limited edition crap and the huge HD. if you don't care about the massive HD i wouldn't bother. I don't really care about HD space, i just install and delete games off of it as i play different games. that's all i use it for

[quote name='nvsone']Is this bundle really a good deal? I bought the 250gb holiday bundle for $200 and GOW3 for $28. I could return or sell the 360 and gift the GOW copy. Is it worth all that for this bundle? I like the skin and sound, the extra controller is nice too. I don't really care about the extra hard drive space though.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's a good deal if you lost out on the black Friday deals. Since you got an awesome deal already I wouldn't bother with it. I plan on selling the game, dlc and one controller to make this an even better deal.

bread's done
Back