Costco -- Limited Edition Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Bundle - $299.98

What I like about the gow bundle is the detail. I have the re5 and the mw2 Mw2 has custom paint but the re5 seems plain. I hope I can grab one ath te cheap price but it is hard to locate as the sku doesn't register and everyone says all out.

[quote name='gepet0']What I like about the gow bundle is the detail. I have the re5 and the mw2 Mw2 has custom paint but the re5 seems plain. I hope I can grab one ath te cheap price but it is hard to locate as the sku doesn't register and everyone says all out.[/QUOTE]

Are you giving them the item number 688883? Thats how I was able to locate them. My store never got them, and when I at first gave them the internet number I was told it was an internet only item. Once I had the correct number they were able to locate them with an on hand count and price from each store. Im just waiting for another price drop since I bought 3 (me and family) first at 299.00 then got a price adjustment to the 249.00 once I located a store with that price.

[quote name='gepet0']What is the sku# How many did gaithersburg have?[/QUOTE]

I believe the item # (as stated above) is 688883. Gaitherbsurg had one when I first walked by the stack today, but when I walked by 30 minutes later it was gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Winky65']I believe the item # (as stated above) is 688883. Gaitherbsurg had one when I first walked by the stack today, but when I walked by 30 minutes later it was gone.[/QUOTE]

Cool The numbers are off. or so they said. I called them st 1000am told me they had (were showing) 16 I drove from waldorf. I get there they cannot find any but they are showing 16. The lady at the cage told me me to go pay. I pay by sku# and they couldn't find any. Then they said someone came in earlier and bought 11. El hoardo Who does that?

Anyway sterling was showing 23 I drove over there and 4 were out so I am assuming there are only 4 left. If you call a store make sure you ask them to do a visual.

I just cannot believe a stock number could be that far off. I mean if it is that is 400 X 16. Plus some employees are setting them aside.

Thanks everyone I was able to snag one This versions they seem to put more into the artwork.

[quote name='madgamez']Had to go to 2 different bestbuys to match, first one had a dick name Sean as their games manger that told me they wouldnt match it because it was a clearance price, they didnt even call to check. Went to the second bestbuy showed the girl a picture of the tag and she matched it no problem, she was kinda cute too. Took longer than expected but after$100 in rewards certificates walked out at $147 and change.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks to "madgamez"! I was able to score one at BB today with PM b/c of his help!

A bit of a hassle, but I got Best Buy to match the price again and they took it down to $250. Awesome system for $150 off.

[quote name='perfectsil']A Costco in LA sure has 5 of themat 249.99[/QUOTE]

La as los angeles? If so Which one in los angeles? Also how are people price matching at best buy with pictures or telling them to call costco? All best buys near me will ONLY price match physical ads even when I call manager out they refuse to price match unless I have a physical ad

[quote name='M_A_C']$369 in Colorado Springs. :([/QUOTE]

The Costco on Powers in Colorado Springs has them for $249.98 that is where I got mine :)

Has anyone tried to price match in new jersey? Looked at the receipt on slickdeals said Florida on figured it would be very tough to pm anyone have any troubles in pming another state?

I want a 360 Slim so bad but I'm not settling for a bundle and I'm not settling for a bundle with the old 360 models.

Edit: It is a slim.. Well still don't want a bundle!

[quote name='superhippy1986']I want a 360 Slim so bad but I'm not settling for a bundle and I'm not settling for a bundle with the old 360 models.

Edit: It is a slim.. Well still don't want a bundle![/QUOTE]

Its a slim bundle thats cheaper than a non bundle. So you would rather pay the same or more for a non bundle? If you want I will sell you the slim xbox, 1 controller, and hard drive for the 249.99, and Ill keep the rest for my trouble.

[quote name='darkskill']Yeah, I know how it is man, I was just playin around.

If I didn't already have a 360 I'd probably get one of these. I was really tempted to get one a few months ago but I found a better deal on craigslist.[/QUOTE]
After I got one of these Gears consoles I now have 5 working 360s in the house, only one isnt hooked up to anything right now. I might sell one or keep one for traveling. I use my 360's for almost everything though, we replaced our DVR's with them using Media Center.

If anyone can buy an extra one I'll trade you a new 16gb HP Touchpad, new HP Folio case, and a new HP Touchstone dock straight up for a new Gears CE 360. Both my local Costcos are sold out.

I also noticed the 249.99 price drop at the Sterling Costco. There were 2 of them out earlier today. If you are looking to get a slim this looks like a great deal.

[quote name='CXK']After I got one of these Gears consoles I now have 5 working 360s in the house, only one isnt hooked up to anything right now. I might sell one or keep one for traveling. I use my 360's for almost everything though, we replaced our DVR's with them using Media Center.[/QUOTE]

wow that's a lot of 360's.... i think that's way too many but then again I guess this is for lanning purposes.

[quote name='Donut2922']wow that's a lot of 360's.... i think that's way too many but then again I guess this is for lanning purposes.[/QUOTE]
It seems like a lot, but if we go into a room to watch TV we use the 360 not a cable box. Media Center is far better than any cable box I've ever owned and it acts like U-verse with the pause and play in another room. We just have one central PC acting as the server. Its already paid for itself since we arent paying the cable company so much per month and it was a great way to convince my wife we needed several 360's when we built our house. Its worked out great though, she's picked up gaming as a hobby so now she can play Skyrim anywhere in the house lol.

[quote name='CXK']It seems like a lot, but if we go into a room to watch TV we use the 360 not a cable box. Media Center is far better than any cable box I've ever owned and it acts like U-verse with the pause and play in another room. We just have one central PC acting as the server. Its already paid for itself since we arent paying the cable company so much per month and it was a great way to convince my wife we needed several 360's when we built our house. Its worked out great though, she's picked up gaming as a hobby so now she can play Skyrim anywhere in the house lol.[/QUOTE]

Just don't achievement boost with yourself and get your accounts banned, lol

[quote name='TheHelix']$55 a year[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Do you know if theres a one day pass just like Sam's?

[quote name='kevinc23']Thanks. Do you know if theres a one day pass just like Sam's?[/QUOTE]
I always considered it unethical (and in my case not even remotely necessary as I get enough use out of my Executive membership that gives 2% back to make membership nearly free and in any case always cheaper than the standard $55 "Gold" membership) but Costco lets you get your membership fee back if you decide you don't want / need it...not even prorated AFAIK, so you'd get your full $55 back if you did that 11 1/2 months into the year membership.

[quote name='kevinc23']Thanks. Do you know if theres a one day pass just like Sam's?[/QUOTE]

Newegg has it for $300 at the moment and you'll probably avoid sales tax through them. While more expensive, it will be a much easier route to get this than trying Costco....More than few Costcos never had this model to start with, and then you have to find one that has it has it at the lower price and then there have to be some still in stock for you to buy, which at this stage is pretty unlikely and you'll likely have to spend some time and gas to find out with no certainty that you'll actually find one/get one.

None of my three semi-local Costco's had any to begin with.:cry: I asked CSR to help me to locate the bundle and found out that one Costco 30 miles away has two units for $299.98 and another one 60 miles away has 14 units for $249.98. Considering 9.5% sales tax, gas, and 2 hr round trip, I am more leaning towards the newegg deal for $299.99 w/ no sales tax and free shipping.

Best Buy currently have the bundle on sale for $349.99, but if you go to the store, they are offering a bonus $75 gift card with the purchase of the bundle. This could be YMMV.

[quote name='leopaw']Best Buy currently have the bundle on sale for $349.99, but if you go to the store, they are offering a bonus $75 gift card with the purchase of the bundle. This could be YMMV.[/QUOTE]
It's not YMMV, it's on their website.

[quote name='leopaw']Best Buy currently have the bundle on sale for $349.99, but if you go to the store, they are offering a bonus $75 gift card with the purchase of the bundle. This could be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up man. :applause:

I was actually about to go get a membership at Costco since I figure $355 and a year of being able to buy stuff at Costco isnt too bad.

Now I get it for $275 essentially since there are no Costco's in my area with the $249 price and I am not driving up north 200 miles for one since I heard the crowds in Orlando were in fucking sane the last few days.

I'll still problably go back to Costco and join up though as I liked the prices and the free sample food all over the place was great.

[quote name='ajumbaje']All locations or just over by West End?[/QUOTE]

All locations unfortunately.
I went the BB route.
$350 + $75 gc seemed decent to me. I used $125 in RZ certs to knock the price down, traded a stack of games and paid nothing out of pocket. That's something I wouldn't have been able to do at Costco. Lol

I broke down and bought the Costco $299 bundle the week before Xmas. Unfortunately, I had travel obligations later that week and couldn't go back for a price adjustment when the $50 price drop occurred.

I was told over the phone today that my local store had since sold out and would not price adjust on items no longer in stock. Thus, I went back intending to return it, and they suddenly had three in stock and gave me my $50 refund after all.

My advice: save your receipt if you paid too much, and don't necessarily believe the "we're out of stock" statements given over the phone.

bread's done
Back