Costco Online PS3 Bundle revealed... sort of

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dear Costco Member,

You requested to be notified when the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle is available for purchase at Costco Wholesale. This item will be available for purchase on costco.com on Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out.

Due to an extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members only on a first come, first served basis, with a limit of one unit per household. The Costco warehouses do not have units available at this time.

Orders for the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle will be shipped via UPS by Monday, November 20, 2006. Tracking information will be available on costco.com.

We hope to receive additional quantities in our warehouses and on costco.com prior to Christmas, but we do not have an estimated arrival date, or approximate quantity at this time. We apologize in advance if you are unable to purchase this item from Costco Wholesale.

time to get all hard for this

[quote name='encendido5']Anybody know if they will available B&M?[/quote]

Another poster said they would only be selling them online. At least for launch day.

I just signed up for a membership, come 9am eastern Friday morning if they have yet to email me my number I will call them up and ask/demand it. They say they email it within 2 business days so it is possible to get one before they go on sale. No if only there was a B&M costco near me...

[quote name='runtothesun']Another poster said they would only be selling them online. At least for launch day.[/QUOTE]

True, very true. I just hope some people don't get wind of this lack of sales on launch day and show up hours before hand anyways...hilarity will ensue!!! :)

I got a Costco membership and even though the PS3 lineup looks like crap, I guess I will plunge on the bundle as the big Xmas gift for my sister's entire portion of the family :p

[quote name='opportunity777']I got a Costco membership and even though the PS3 lineup looks like crap, I guess I will plunge on the bundle as the big Xmas gift for my sister's entire portion of the family :p[/QUOTE]

Well, that'd be a Christmas they wont soon fucking forget - WOWIE WOW, so niiiiiice!

I think I'm about done trying to get one - all the craziness has gotten to me. I guess I'll just write a letter to Santa - maybe his worksho elves can produce better numbers than the poor migrant workers in Sony's evil production lair.

Just FYI, while Costco has awesome deals for things in bulk, their consoles aren't usually discounted much (if at all). Not sure about launch, but their usual bundles include 1-2 games and a few accessories (controller, memory card, etc). So I would be really surprised to see this made into one of those massive 9 game bundles with a hefty pricetag.

I'm curious if their website has the horsepower to survive the impending onslaught...

I bought my 360 from Costco and was glad I did. It died about a week later and instead of going through the MS replacement process, I just returned it and picked up a brand new model.

You can pretty much return a dead console to almost any retailer if it dies in a week. You did get lucky with them actually having a replacement for you though.

so if i live in new york what time would it be avaible and do they have link to the product. also 1 click shopping avaiable no thier site?

[quote name='jaykarrels']Do they take credit cards? i know they only take american express in store, I wonder if its different online, lmk thansk![/quote]
Yeah, they take a variety of CCs online.

If anyone cares to know the bundles it is

$599.99 for the 20 GB and a controller
$699.99 for the 60 GB and a controller

This is from the same guy who told me about the Wii bundle and everything was correct for that.

[quote name='sonderiaom']If anyone cares to know the bundles it is

This is from the same guy who told me about the Wii bundle and everything was correct for that.[/quote]

Thank you very much & I appreciate your info from the other Costco thread too.

[quote name='sonderiaom']If anyone cares to know the bundles it is

This is from the same guy who told me about the Wii bundle and everything was correct for that.[/QUOTE]

So no game? Its an extra $100 for a controller?

[quote name='sonderiaom']

[/quote]

Are they charging more than MSRP, because shipping is included or because demand is so high? They usually don't charge shipping for items over $500 unless it's an item with excessive weight (refrigerator, stoves, furniture) or fragile materials.

Wow, I've never seen costco pinch the price up for anything beofre. Trying to cash in on the craze I guess, can't blame them.

Anywho, I heard that you have to be a member for atleast 7 days to be able to order, not just a couple days.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']What is the retrun policy for this? Is there a 10% fee if I send it back? Can I bring it back in store?[/quote]
Don't know about online, but you can bring it back to any store for a full refund (that means shipping is inculded)

Does anyone know if i can use my brother or sister's Costco membership and put the purchase on MY credit card? Or would the purchase have to be under THEIR credit cards on file, etc...

[quote name='abhinav']There has to be a game in there too, no way cosco would do something like this...[/quote]
Now that you mention it...

What good is a second controller without a game?

Stopped by Costco this morning and renewed my membership. Even got a new card.

This will be a last ditch effort for me if my camping plans fall through.

This may not be everyone last chance... according to this thread (see post #4) Amazon is also going to be offering the PS3 at 8AM PST as well. So gear up everyone machine you can, it should be interesting.

[quote name='Chris S']This may not be everyone last chance... according to this thread (see post #4) Amazon is also going to be offering the PS3 at 8AM PST as well. So gear up everyone machine you can, it should be interesting.[/QUOTE]I am sooo all over these!!

tabbed browsing yo!

[quote name='nym123']whats the point? its going to sell out in seconds[/QUOTE]

The point is that this is the only viable last ditch effort. There are people lined up at every store that is selling PS3s that I know of. I live in a rather under populated area and thought that I would be able to go early in the morning not encounter many other shoppers but as soon as I got out of work tonight there were already 12 people lined up at walmart even though the store likely isnt getting that many systems.

Good to see they are selling it only online. I dont know why other stores dont do this. So fucking stupid to have morons camp out in front of your store.

[quote name='dago2727']So no game? Its an extra $100 for a controller?[/QUOTE]

the game will be Genji, comes with extra controller and it is the 60 gb version.. price will be $699.99

[quote name='ps99472']the game will be Genji, comes with extra controller and it is the 60 gb version.. price will be $699.99[/quote]

that is good to know.
I was hoping for Resistance: Fall of Man, but getting Genji is better than not getting a game at all.

[quote name='ps99472']the game will be Genji, comes with extra controller and it is the 60 gb version.. price will be $699.99[/quote]

Curious to know where you found out this info, but it would seem about right.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Curious to know where you found out this info, but it would seem about right.[/QUOTE]

access to company's intranet.. sourced from a merchandising memo

[quote name='ps99472']access to company's intranet.. sourced from a merchandising memo[/quote]

Yay intranet. I'd been playing around on that but was honestly much more interested in the Wii than the PS3. As well, they've become rather paranoid of late for some reason.

[quote name='elot']11am eastern guys? Is that correct? Will it be a big thing posted on the front page?

eLOT[/QUOTE]

dude -- just read the five pages and figure it out. i hate ppl who ask questions that are clearly answered -- and this ain't even a long thread.

[quote name='MikeMvS']Has anyone found out (for sure) that you need to be a member for more than X days to get in on this?[/QUOTE]

I have seen this all over, some say 'X' days, some say Nov 1st, Nov 6th. Haven't seen any proof. It is always this person told me or something like that. Probably something some people spread to cut down the competition. Usually you can buy from Costco and pay an extra 5% if you are not a member. They probably will restrict this to members only though. Of course I have no proof of that either.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']I have seen this all over, some say 'X' days, some say Nov 1st, Nov 6th. Haven't seen any proof. It is always this person told me or something like that. Probably something some people spread to cut down the competition. Usually you can buy from Costco and pay an extra 5% if you are not a member. They probably will restrict this to members only though. Of course I have no proof of that either.[/quote]

As the OP message reads "current members", people assume that it means members from anytime before the message was sent out. True or not, I don't know, but as I stated in my other post here, I suspect that the breif half hour down time (it required a log in) was a result of them updating the website to implement a filter.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but that is actually a steal. I'm almost tempted to try and buy one tomorrow morning, but nah.

I think I'm going to wait quite a while before I even consider picking one of those up.

Wii won't be sold out i talk to Ebworld and they are reciving like 300 consoles. So i believe that circuit city and etc are just making it as a big hype that they don't have any, but in reality they do. So yea don't worry about Wii, it's the Ps3 ppl should worried about.

bread's done
Back