Costco Online PS3 Bundle revealed... sort of

Zoglog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Dear Costco Member,

You requested to be notified when the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle is available for purchase at Costco Wholesale. This item will be available for purchase on costco.com on Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. The item will be prominently displayed on the homepage of costco.com until it is sold out.

Due to an extremely limited supply, we can accept orders from current Costco members only on a first come, first served basis, with a limit of one unit per household. The Costco warehouses do not have units available at this time.

Orders for the Sony PlayStation 3 Bundle will be shipped via UPS by Monday, November 20, 2006. Tracking information will be available on costco.com.

We hope to receive additional quantities in our warehouses and on costco.com prior to Christmas, but we do not have an estimated arrival date, or approximate quantity at this time. We apologize in advance if you are unable to purchase this item from Costco Wholesale.

time to get all hard for this

Crappppp I Had The Point Where I Can Press "add To Cart" Soooo Cloooseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Argggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I thought both Amazon and Costco were supposed to start selling it at 8am PST? Looked like Costco jumped the gun at 7:30, and nothing is happening at Amazon at all! (Site still runs very smoothly)

circuit city had an online lauch just now as well...

I had a 20 giga bundle in my cart,

then it disappeared coz I hesitated.

sold out!

Not that I expected to be able to score one, but Costco putting their PS3s up before 8 AM PST is bulls***. If they sent out an e-mail indicating 8 AM, then it's their responsibility to put it up at 8:00:00 AM SHARP. Not a second before.

I hope their site continues to get hammered for the next hour. DoS attack, I say! :)

[quote name='turningpoint']well i have it in my cart i just need to chekc out, I'm hoping they account for the ones in peoples carts.[/quote]

Same here.

Bastards. Finally get to the checkout page and my ps3 is gone.

They should of accounted for the ones in the carts!!!

KB is long since sold out

And Costco never said 8 exactly, is was "Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time"

KB is long since sold out

And Costco never said 8 exactly, is was "Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time"

[quote name='Garfield']I thought both Amazon and Costco were supposed to start selling it at 8am PST? Looked like Costco jumped the gun at 7:30, and nothing is happening at Amazon at all! (Site still runs very smoothly)[/QUOTE]

I've seen people post images of that Amazon email, but browsing amazon's ps3 forum (which is just brimming with morons) shows that they're not selling any today whatsoever.

Very strange for the world's largest online retailer.

So, maybe I'm a tad late in asking this, but I clicked Add to Cart and it went to the next page that said "Added to Cart." I just wasn't able to get past Check Out. What are my chances?

[quote name='Cowface']So, maybe I'm a tad late in asking this, but I clicked Add to Cart and it went to the next page that said "Added to Cart." I just wasn't able to get past Check Out. What are my chances?[/QUOTE]

none

Meh, I'll keep checking until I can go trhough to my cart. In the mean time, I'll be baking some cookies.

PS3 launch is over for me! Missed 2 camp outs and 4 online rushes. Even though I didn't get anything, it was pretty fun. Now I get to do something even better! Finish 3 english pappers in 3 days!

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']And Costco never said 8 exactly, is was "Friday, November 17, 2006 at approximately 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time"[/QUOTE]

Mmm...seems that was the wording. Still...7:30 am isn't approximately 8. It's approximately 7:30. I'd be willing to let them off the hook, if they started at 7:50, but no earlier. :)

Ehh...I'm fickle like that... (switches Amazon hammer script over to Costco, despite knowing they are sold out and double-clicks). :evil:

goddamnit
I log in: 5 minutes
I added to cart: 5 minutes
it says it was added to cart: wait another 5 minutes
then my checkout screen says SOLD OUT!:bomb:

[quote name='Mad-B-Man']Meh, I'll keep checking until I can go trhough to my cart. In the mean time, I'll be baking some cookies.

PS3 launch is over for me! Missed 2 camp outs and 4 online rushes. Even though I didn't get anything, it was pretty fun. Now I get to do something even better! Finish 3 english pappers in 3 days![/QUOTE]

That's gonna suck when you're trying to do that and play Wii

[quote name='Giant Robot']goddamnit
I log in: 5 minutes
I added to cart: 5 minutes
it says it was added to cart: wait another 5 minutes
then my checkout screen says SOLD OUT!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Most people couldn't even get the checkout screen to load.

at least yours said sold out mines after 20 min of being in cart I get to check out and it says I have nothing in my cart go back and add one

At least when Walmart had them, their servers could keep up with everyone trying to add to cart. Pisses me off when a company knows their site's going to get hammered but doesn't feel it necessary to get a few other load bearing servers online.

bread's done
Back