costco PS3 and Wii preorders?

[quote name='bball1515']does anyone know when costco.com will be putting up their PS3 and Wii preorders?[/quote]

I've been looking in the computers for both systems every week for a while now and there's no mention of them. There are plenty of games, but no systems.

The electronics manager at my place said he knows nothing about them either but there is going to be a conference on Nov 1st to update everyone on everything so it may be touched on there.

Honestly, they prob won't be doing any systems for a bit as they got kinda burned by the 360 launch. We STILL have a couple pallets of 360's just sitting there.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I've been looking in the computers for both systems every week for a while now and there's no mention of them. There are plenty of games, but no systems.

The electronics manager at my place said he knows nothing about them either but there is going to be a conference on Nov 1st to update everyone on everything so it may be touched on there.

Honestly, they prob won't be doing any systems for a bit as they got kinda burned by the 360 launch. We STILL have a couple pallets of 360's just sitting there.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like Costco didn't get burned by the 360's launch as much as it got burned by the following year, over-ordering something that one wouldn't associate with the chain.

Costco would be foolish not to get their hands on everylast PS3 and bundle 2 games and a controller with them.

[quote name='BrandonOne']It sounds like Costco didn't get burned by the 360's launch as much as it got burned by the following year, over-ordering something that one wouldn't associate with the chain.[/quote]

That's not quite true. We had several pallets to start out with and of those starting pallets we still have 1 1/2 left. Price has even dropped $10 since it launched. However, if Microsoft does bundle anything this winter, it'll probably go down more.

As for buying up the ps3's, I sincerely doubt that Sony would have enough to get to all of Costco as Costco buys in bulk.

However, I would have expected anything that would be sold by Nov 19th to be in the computers already as the 360 was in the computers 2-3 months before.

right, i wanted to know if anyone ie employes or whatever had some info as to when they would actually be allowing you to buy the preorder. I am not sure i fully trust waiting for an email from them

[quote name='bball1515']right, i wanted to know if anyone ie employes or whatever had some info as to when they would actually be allowing you to buy the preorder. I am not sure i fully trust waiting for an email from them[/quote]

Being that I am an employee currently unfortunately, I was giving you all the info I had. The computer system I checked is current for EVERY SINGLE WEREHOUSE AND ONLINE.

So if you don't want the info I've given you, you can fuck off

Man, this sucks. I would rather buy a Wii from Costco at launch, but if I can’t, I’m going to have to pre-order one at EB tomorrow…

bread's done
Back