Costco Wii Bundle Information *UPDATED* B&M

[quote name='sonderiaom']For anyone that is helped by any info I've given, great, for anyone that doubts me fuck off.[/QUOTE]

LOL!! Ouch :)

oh great sonderiaom, i doubt thee... i doubt thee :pray:

hehehe i still im thinking that maybe the wii wont come to costco on launch:cry:

dont worry about me.... *sniff*... i will manage.

I'm torn between going to costco to see if they have any wii's or not. This thread is too confusing between people saying that they will get the wii and that they will not.

[quote name='Mex25']I'm torn between going to costco to see if they have any wii's or not. This thread is too confusing between people saying that they will get the wii and that they will not.[/quote]

agreed. someone needs to summarize this entire thread into one post. I really hope costco has it that sunday. I wont be able to make it through school on monday thinking about the wii. I can barely make it through this week.

I swung by Costco around my area and htey said they will have it launch day and they will hand out tickets, first come first served to prevent rushes into the place

Umm, has anyone else noticed that sonderiaom removed a lot of information from the very first post about the game prices etc. Does that mean that the prices for the games have changed?

It's still there, first page man. Nothing has changed as far as price is conernced. They told me 339.99 2 games and that is all at Costco.

[quote name='antihero27e']It's still there, first page man. Nothing has changed as far as price is conernced. They told me 339.99 2 games and that is all at Costco.[/quote]

No, the list used to be longer. It used to have other games and PS3 prices as well. He thinned it down to just the bare Wii bundle pack info.

Since some people want the thread summarized, here it is:

The Costco Wii bundle pack has a Wii and 2 games for $339.99

You will get at least 2 years warranty.

Most Costcos will have it on launch date, but some will not.

There is NO second controller.

One included game is Zelda: TP and the other is unknown.

There it is, the thread summary. :applause:

[quote name='Uturnaroun']Since some people want the thread summarized, here it is:

The Costco Wii bundle pack has a Wii and 2 games for $399.99

There it is, the thread summary. :applause:[/quote]

Where are you getting this from?

It's $339.99.

NOWHERE does anyone say anything about a 2 year warranty. Costco NEVER offers warranties with their bundle. You essentially get unlimited length return policy (although it is completely up to the manager of your store; some are nice and will take it years afterwards, some won't).

Nobody said anything about Zelda being the game for sure. They're both for the most part still unknown. You should pay closer attention to reading stuff. :roll:

[quote name='thesmallelder']Where are you getting this from?

It's $339.99.

NOWHERE does anyone say anything about a 2 year warranty. Costco NEVER offers warranties with their bundle. You essentially get unlimited length return policy (although it is completely up to the manager of your store; some are nice and will take it years afterwards, some won't).

Nobody said anything about Zelda being the game for sure. They're both for the most part still unknown. You should pay closer attention to reading stuff. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I work at Costco there are 2 year warranties for almost anything... Costco usually includes a big game with each bundle so probably is Zelda... but the price is $339.99. :whistle2:D

[quote name='Uturnaroun']Since some people want the thread summarized, here it is:

The Costco Wii bundle pack has a Wii and 2 games for $399.99

There it is, the thread summary. :applause:[/quote]

Thank you, a person who gets things right. Every single thing in there is correct except for the price which is $339.99.

As for my original post, yes, I trimmed it down. It used to have a list of the games that we should have on launch day and their prices but I was angry. Basically you usually would just save $5 per title. A thread I created a while ago has the list still.

Since some people want the thread summarized, here it is:

The Costco Wii bundle pack has a Wii and 2 games for $339.99

There it is, the thread summary. :applause:

Each of the Costco I called in my area (5) and each manager gave the same reply saying they WILL NOT be carrying the Wii on the launch date. They are getting them, but not on the launch date. 3 of them even said no Costcos will have them on launch date due to what happened with the 360s. I'm hoping that they've just all been told the wrong information.

Maybe its just major Costcos in larger regional areas man, perhaps your didn't "qualify" or something. Maybe the stores thought there would not be an interest in consumer sales in teh Wii in your area. So many factors to take into consideration. But don't fret man, they will have them eventually. It is just how long are you willing to wait for it. Pretty sure they will have seconds shipment which will be that friday or so. Just guessing you know

I went to my Costco today and found out what they are going to do. Mine will have it on launch date. However, when the store first opens, they're going to hand out tickets and whoever gets one can go inside and pick up their Wii. Everyone else will be screwed. He said that this new policy is all thanks to the 360.

You better talk to the MANAGER at your Costco because I know for a fact they got a email saying they will not have any on launch. They email was sent from corp and diplayed at my local Costco late last night.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Sounds good, thanks for the info.

I'm going to start making notes of all of these various deals as the next three weeks go by, so I can make a decision on where to do my big fat wait. Toys R Us is still my #1 choice, simply because I love that store and choose to support them, and I generally like how my location handles lines, but deals like this will be good to think about just in case![/QUOTE]

I waited in line for the TRU pre-orders and got diddily squat while the first 15 or so had the option of reserving a PS3 AND a Wii. What's up with that? Would've been more fair to just reserve one or the other. Bastards. Anyway, will TRU have numbers over and above their pre-orders? If not, it's worthless to camp out there.

[quote name='rrob']You better talk to the MANAGER at your Costco because I know for a fact they got a email saying they will not have any on launch. They email was sent from corp and diplayed at my local Costco late last night.[/quote]

Same here. I called each one in my area and talked to managers who told me about this email. I even called one in Delaware to make sure and they said the same thing. I'm fairly sure now that there will not be any at launch.

I went back into my Costco today and they also said that they won't have it on launch date anymore. They technically aren't supposed to say when they'll release it. Sonderiaom, do you know when the wii will hit shelves?

My Costco says they have 48 on order and they were due in on the 19th. *shrugs*

Still, comapred with how many 360's they had last year, that is not many.

i work for costco and did a computer search with the item number you gave me (dont know why i didnt think of it earlier) and the other game with zelda is excite truck. yea, i kick ass.

I don't know if its just different in different regions of the country but my manager here in the northwest region said that after the 360 launch, costco just kinda said fuck it and is just going to have the systems online at first to avoid a repeat. anyway, not trying to prove anyone wrong with this post but I would say just be sure that your sources are reliable so you don't end up waiting outside all night for nothing.

Might be a random question, but here's a shot:

Does anyone know when Costco.com goes live? ie: Will they start selling at Midnight Pacific time, central, eastern or mountain?

Thanks!

I thought it was by waiting for that email from Costco. That would be a warning or the opening of the flood gates when it goes live. I check it constanly at work and on my cell. kinnd of obsessive

Non of the NE Costcos are claming to have them.
I have the bundle item number but no one is showing as getting them

As for the costco.com, first, everyone who entered their e-mail will recieve one saying that they can pre-order. Afterwards, if there is any remaining pre-order slots, they will open that to the public. Then on launch date, they will start selling the alotted consoles that they got. I don't know when the pre-orders or will start or when they will start selling on the 19th. Maybe someone can call the numer under the contact section and find out.

Movement on the Costco Website... Seems like they added a new game in the missing COMING SOON slot the Wii too. The put DBZ Tenkachi

[quote name='antihero27e']Movement on the Costco Website... Seems like they added a new game in the missing COMING SOON slot the Wii too. The put DBZ Tenkachi[/QUOTE]

Eek...LAME. Excite Truck would have been a much more widely popular choice (even with the 68 from GameSpot). Ah well. Sorry for folks who were depending on this.

[quote name='Uturnaroun']As for the costco.com, first, everyone who entered their e-mail will recieve one saying that they can pre-order. Afterwards, if there is any remaining pre-order slots, they will open that to the public. Then on launch date, they will start selling the alotted consoles that they got. I don't know when the pre-orders or will start or when they will start selling on the 19th. Maybe someone can call the numer under the contact section and find out.[/quote]

What is your source for this costco.com info?

If Zelda and Excite Truck are not being sold as additional apps for the Wii...One can almost assume that they both might be put in the Costco Bundle since they are both First party games. However, its is only an assuption...because you know what happens when you "assume" as the saying goes...

i got bad news. i've been following this forum for a while and have been quite excited. i just got off with two major local costos. They both said they dont have any one order or transit. I think there is one last explanation: Because the bundle isn't on costco.com, the item number and info hasn't been finalized. Hopefully by friday/Saturday, they will have updated the Wii info, and we will have a bundle. Please god be with us :pray:

Got this from the Costco Online PS3 Bundle thread...

Bad news for everybody, and I'll just post it here instead of making a new thread.

Word from Corporate on down is that the Costco Warehouses, company-wide, will not, I repeat, will NOT be selling Playstation 3's and Wii's on launch days this weekend.

Costco Corporate is of the opinion that they do not want to deal with the trouble, so on Friday morning, and on Sunday morning there will be no PS3 or Wii to purchase at any Costco Warehouse. Online only.

Stores will not be able to tell you when they are getting them in, as they will only show up on inventory when corporate decides to start selling them (my guess is a week or two after launch, but that is just an educated guess). I have verified this through company inventory, not a single store in the Northwest region has any of either bundle listed as on order or as in-transit. It has also been verified with my Warehouse manager.

So, long story short, they will be getting them, they will be selling them, but not in the Warehouse's themselves on launch, and when they get them in is anybody's guess. But they will have them for the holidays.

[quote name='Gamedude6006']i got bad news. i've been following this forum for a while and have been quite excited. i just got off with two major local costos. They both said they dont have any one order or transit. I think there is one last explanation: Because the bundle isn't on costco.com, the item number and info hasn't been finalized. Hopefully by friday/Saturday, they will have updated the Wii info, and we will have a bundle. Please god be with us :pray:[/QUOTE]

What part of the nation are you in? Northern Virginia seems to have confirmation, AFAIK.

[quote name='Ecofreak']What part of the nation are you in? Northern Virginia seems to have confirmation, AFAIK.[/quote]

I live in the Northeast (stores in DE and MD) and ones near me all say no to Wiis on launch date. I'm sure it's nationwide that way as well. The quote from the PS3 thread essentially sums up what each of the 6 stores I called told me. :cry:

[quote name='thesmallelder']I live in the Northeast (stores in DE and MD) and ones near me all say no to Wiis on launch date. I'm sure it's nationwide that way as well. The quote from the PS3 thread essentially sums up what each of the 6 stores I called told me. :cry:[/quote]

Hmm. I spoke to my buddy who is the Optometrist in one of the Oregon Costco's. He checked with the guy in majors and confirmed they are getting a supply in for launch. He said they were actually getting them in on fri the 17th and would be ready for launch. Im sure the pacific NW will get some for launch.

hey, i work at costco and i just checked and can prove that there will be a bundle with: the system, Zelda, Exite Truck, Nunchuck, all for $339.99 i will get a pic tomm but i have seen the detail screen where it explains all of this... my costco in Turlock, CA will be getting them in on thursday or friday, and i will try to get one early :p if not, ill get one reserved for me :)

[quote name='phrozen209']hey, i work at costco and i just checked and can prove that there will be a bundle with: the system, Zelda, Exite Truck, Nunchuck, all for $339.99 i will get a pic tomm but i have seen the detail screen where it explains all of this... my costco in Turlock, CA will be getting them in on thursday or friday, and i will try to get one early :p if not, ill get one reserved for me :)[/QUOTE]

Hate to break the bad news to you, but Costco will not get their shipments until Monday or Tuesday next week. Almost all stores will get at least one pallet of 24, and if your an employee you will have to go outside and walk in like everyone else. This means you will not get to "reserve" your system :)

They are asking the warehouse manager to put the Wii's on the floor and open the door's. There will be a limit of 1 per membership/household, with a manager present to enforce this.

[quote name='marctina']Hate to break the bad news to you, but Costco will not get their shipments until Monday or Tuesday next week. Almost all stores will get at least one pallet of 24, and if your an employee you will have to go outside and walk in like everyone else. This means you will not get to "reserve" your system :)

They are asking the warehouse manager to put the Wii's on the floor and open the door's. There will be a limit of 1 per membership/household, with a manager present to enforce this.[/quote]

umm, no, i saw the goddamn screen where it said they were ordered tuesday and will be recieved in about 3-4 days... and as far as having to wait in line... we will see about that when i post pictures on friday or saturday with the bundle at my house :twisted: ...lol

[quote name='phrozen209']umm, no, i saw the goddamn screen where it said they were ordered tuesday and will be recieved in about 3-4 days... and as far as having to wait in line... we will see about that when i post pictures on friday or saturday with the bundle at my house :twisted: ...lol[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Nice!

Maybe you should ask your warehouse manager about the corporate memo on this matter that was sent out on Wednesday? :)

[quote name='marctina']LOL!!! Nice!

Maybe you should ask your warehouse manager about the corporate memo on this matter that was sent out on Wednesday? :)[/quote]

Sorry, i think you are wrong. At least you are for the pacific northwest where Costco is headquartered.
Confirmed again tonite that they will have the Wii's in Oregon on Friday. They may have only 48 or so but are ready for Sunday per the manager today.

This email JUST arrived! Notice the 100:1 oversubcribed warning...:hot:

On 16 Nov 2006 04:49:37 -0800, "Amazon.com"
said something of particular interest to you:
]
]Important News For Amazon.com Video Games Customers
]
]The Nintendo Wii will be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 11/19,
]Sunday morning (PST). We will be limiting purchases to one per household
]and we anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as
]we've received email notification requests over 100 times greater than the
]number of units we will have available for sale (i.e., for every Nintendo
]Wii we'll have for sale, over 100 people have signed up to be notified).
]
]At this time, we do not have any information on future Nintendo Wii offers,
]but we will post updates on future availability in the customer discussions
]on the Nintendo Wii product page:
]
]http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0009VXBAQ.
]
]Thank you for your continued support of Amazon.com.

bread's done
Back