Could this be a deal?

jcs7573

CAGiversary!
Is it possible to send this (see link below) into Microsoft for repair under the extended 1 year waranty, (dont know the date it was build as of yet) if I don't have an original receipt. What else should I ask or what concearns should I have before I purchas? Also what is an average repair cost if it isn't covered? Do the odds look at all to be in my favor?

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ele/266028587.html

I emailed him back asking if he's take $100 cash and pick up today? I know the HD and wireless controller with tax new is just over $150, but those aren't new. I'm awaiting his return email on yes, no or possible counter offer.

Still not sure on $150 though.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Well seeing as this is my 360 on craigslist and I now know what you plan to do,
the price just went up-J/K seriously though if you can get microsoft to fix it which I doubt then yes sparky, it would be a good deal. However it might be morally/ethically corrupt! Cheers on ya, Jay

the typo of woreless controller made me think whoreless. Seriously, if your controller does not come complete with whore do you really want it?

Oh, I know it might be morally/ethically corrupt, I was looking at the deal aspect.:D

Hey, just trying to save some cash is all, his loss...if he takes it of course.

Also I called EBGames, trade in for a broken $360...$30. So basically for $150 I get a $30 trade in to EBG, HD and wireless controller...ehhh still not too sure for $150. :???:

My 360 died that I bought from EB last summer with a manufacture date of 2006. I called MS just to see how much it would cost to fix it and the price is FREE.

They are sending a box to my house for me to pack it in and they are paying for 3 day select both ways. They are replacing my unit for me with no reciept, etc. The MS guy just apologized repeatedly for the problem and said a box would arrive next week for the unit.

It could be a deal depending on the manufacture date and depending on what MS says.

I sold all my games but then I qucikly picked up even more off Goozex with trade credits that I had. It shocked the shit out of me they would fix it for free but it's awesome.

All the people that paid for the 3 light special fix are getting refund checks according to the MS tech recording in 10 weeks.

Another FYI is MS told me to remove the hard drive before sending the unit to them along with no accessories. MS just wants a bare unit on the return so they can ship another one ASAP.

[quote name='sendmesomegames']Another FYI is MS told me to remove the hard drive before sending the unit to them along with no accessories. MS just wants a bare unit on the return so they can ship another one ASAP.[/quote]

Taking out the accessories reduces the weight. Less weight, less cost to ship.

[quote name='jcs7573']Oh, I know it might be morally/ethically corrupt, I was looking at the deal aspect.:D

Hey, just trying to save some cash is all, his loss...if he takes it of course.

Also I called EBGames, trade in for a broken $360...$30. So basically for $150 I get a $30 trade in to EBG, HD and wireless controller...ehhh still not too sure for $150. :???:[/QUOTE]
i got a hard drive on amazon for 80 and 2 wireless controllers from kmart back in december for 30 each, so if you want to wait you can get a deal but otherwise well you know. I was one of the lucky amazon core for 100 dollar deal.

I would buy the broken unit after inspecting it first and getting a make date of 2006. M$ has had such issues that they would probably fix it with no questions asked.

It's not really morally wrong to "capitalize" on somone else that did not check their warranty,etc. If the unit is under warranty then there is no moral issue either.

If it is under warranty then $150 is a steal because EB would give you more than that for a core unit.

I bought mine used at EB and I have no problem taking Microsoft up on their warranty offer since I did buy it the system.

Some people are funny about getting repaired systems but I am not. My Gamecube broke was repaired and it worked for years until I traded it for the 360.

The guy might have went out and bought another one since some people are impatient.

If you send it without the hard drive does that mean that you get another one for free? does that mean with the extra one you can trade it in a get credit

[quote name='mvick288']If you send it without the hard drive does that mean that you get another one for free? does that mean with the extra one you can trade it in a get credit[/quote]

Microsoft wants the hard drive removed so you don't lose any game data. They do not give another hard drive because your supposed to already have one.

They just swap units with one that has already been repaired. I mentioned the fact they want the HD removed because it sounded like that is what you needed.

You can use the HD and get the system repaired for trade/sell if they will honor it.

bread's done
Back