Couple Anime preorders on amazon

Broke on Okami. Good enough price, wish that was the price for all anime :p

I would then pick up
Both Ef's
World Only God knows
B Gata
and Dream Eater Merry

[quote name='lorddct']Broke on Okami. Good enough price, wish that was the price for all anime :p

I would then pick up
Both Ef's
World Only God knows
B Gata
and Dream Eater Merry[/QUOTE]

all these drop to under 38 during rightstuf's studio sales if you're a gotanime member.

I ordered Okami-San since the price was so good. I think $34.99 is pretty dang cheap. I was contemplating ordering it from rightstuf because of the free mouse pad but even with my gotanime membership it will come to about $45. I don't know if paying $10 extra is worth it.

I saw the trailers for B Gata that Funimation posted on youtube and the show looks pretty funny.

Is Okami-san any good? The reviews I've seen appear to place it in the "meh" category, but I keep reading about people preordering the collection...

[quote name='Afflicted']all these drop to under 38 during rightstuf's studio sales if you're a gotanime member.[/QUOTE]

I thought during the sales gotanime does not stack?

[quote name='Vigilante']Is Okami-san any good? The reviews I've seen appear to place it in the "meh" category, but I keep reading about people preordering the collection...[/QUOTE]

On a side note, nice Clannad profile picture. It's probably my favorite anime.

Funimation has all the subbed episodes on youtube and they put episodes 1 and 2 dubbed so you can preview the series dubbed or you could essentially watch the whole series subbed for free. I watched the first 2 episodes and it wasn't bad. I mean it isn't a ground breaking anime but I would say its fun and keeps me interested.

The story is pretty typical, a tsundere main character who can't evoke emotions or open up to others and the shy guy who is in love with her. The characters and some of the story lines revolve around fairy tales. The main character is named Okami-San which translates from Japanese to English as the wolf (big bad wolf) and her best friend is little red riding hood. One of the episodes I watched had strong ties to the Cinderella story.

Despite having "meh" reviews as you stated, there is a fan base for this show who want a second season. Don't know if it's going to happen since I don't think this anime did that well in Japan; maybe it will do better over here. Like many other anime, the light novel / manga is still ongoing so anything is possible. I just felt that $34.99 for a 12 episode series is pretty reasonable since I usually enjoy most anime I randomly watch (thank you youtube and netflix).

[quote name='D.Choy']On a side note, nice Clannad profile picture. It's probably my favorite anime.

Funimation has all the subbed episodes on youtube and they put episodes 1 and 2 dubbed so you can preview the series dubbed or you could essentially watch the whole series subbed for free. I watched the first 2 episodes and it wasn't bad. I mean it isn't a ground breaking anime but I would say its fun and keeps me interested.

The story is pretty typical, a tsundere main character who can't evoke emotions or open up to others and the shy guy who is in love with her. The characters and some of the story lines revolve around fairy tales. The main character is named Okami-San which translates from Japanese to English as the wolf (big bad wolf) and her best friend is little red riding hood. One of the episodes I watched had strong ties to the Cinderella story.

Despite having "meh" reviews as you stated, there is a fan base for this show who want a second season. Don't know if it's going to happen since I don't think this anime did that well in Japan; maybe it will do better over here. Like many other anime, the light novel / manga is still ongoing so anything is possible. I just felt that $34.99 for a 12 episode series is pretty reasonable since I usually enjoy most anime I randomly watch (thank you youtube and netflix).[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info and for the avatar compliment. It's nice to see another person whose favorite anime is Clannad (I'm obviously counting the original series and After Story together). I recently finished watching it with my brother, and we both think no other anime comes close (we've both watched anime for many years). :D

Yeah the emotional impact of Clannad After Story was truly amazing; yes I am referring to the fact that I cried manly man tears, lol.

Have you seen Angel Beats? It was also made by Key and is pretty good; sadly it only has 13 episodes and one OVA.

[quote name='D.Choy']Despite having "meh" reviews as you stated, there is a fan base for this show who want a second season. Don't know if it's going to happen since I don't think this anime did that well in Japan; maybe it will do better over here. Like many other anime, the light novel / manga is still ongoing so anything is possible. I just felt that $34.99 for a 12 episode series is pretty reasonable since I usually enjoy most anime I randomly watch (thank you youtube and netflix).[/QUOTE]

It certainly wouldn't be the first time. Big O got a second season mostly based on its success on Cartoon Network.

Funimation was pushing that aspect hard when they were promoting Princess Jellyfish at Katsucon. (BTW, the 4 episodes I saw were pretty darn good.)

[quote name='TheLongshot']It certainly wouldn't be the first time. Big O got a second season mostly based on its success on Cartoon Network.

Funimation was pushing that aspect hard when they were promoting Princess Jellyfish at Katsucon. (BTW, the 4 episodes I saw were pretty darn good.)[/QUOTE]

I hate the waiting game and not knowing; sometimes the hiatus for anime can be years. I feel a lot of anime end prematurely and don't get the closure they deserve. I mean if the US market can inject profit into some of these Japanese studios then that is great; hopefully that translates to more seasons in the future. Even right now I am waiting for continuation of a couple of series such as a season three of Baka and Test, a second season of High School of the Dead, and a third season of Rosario + Vampire.

[quote name='D.Choy']Yeah the emotional impact of Clannad After Story was truly amazing; yes I am referring to the fact that I cried manly man tears, lol.

Have you seen Angel Beats? It was also made by Key and is pretty good; sadly it only has 13 episodes and one OVA.[/QUOTE]Funny you should say that--Angel Beats! opened my eyes to how a quality anime could be made and it became my favorite...until I decided to watch Clannad. :D

You're not alone in the "crying manly man tears" department, either; my brother and I just about broke down a couple of times during After Story, and it had been years since I'd cried over anything. :cry:

I'm glad they were mostly happy tears, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lorddct']I thought during the sales gotanime does not stack?[/QUOTE]

It stacks on most items during studio sales... any items from the studios that are also bargain bin/weekly specials don't stack tho.

If it doesn't say Excluded from Membership Discounts then it stacks.

[quote name='Afflicted']It stacks on most items during studio sales... any items from the studios that are also bargain bin/weekly specials don't stack tho.

If it doesn't say Excluded from Membership Discounts then it stacks.[/QUOTE]

^ This.

I just bought The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya during the Bandai studio sale and it stacked with my gotanime membership.

Right Stuf lowered the price on Okami-San and Her Seven Companions. Price is now $41.99 and if you have the gotanime membership the effective price would be $37.79 which is pretty close to Amazon's price of $34.99. You also get the free mouse pad if you go with Right Stuf. So if you have another $13 you want to spend at Right Stuf you could get free shipping as well (spend $50 get F/S or pay $3 for shipping).

I decided to switch my order from Amazon to Right Stuf since the prices are so close and obviously the free mouse pad incentive.

[quote name='D.Choy']Right Stuf lowered the price on Okami-San and Her Seven Companions. Price is now $41.99 and if you have the gotanime membership the effective price would be $37.79 which is pretty close to Amazon's price of $34.99. You also get the free mouse pad if you go with Right Stuf. So if you have another $13 you want to spend at Right Stuf you could get free shipping as well (spend $50 get F/S or pay $3 for shipping).

I decided to switch my order from Amazon to Right Stuf since the prices are so close and obviously the free mouse pad incentive.[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? Ookami-san's page says not eligible for any other discounts, including membership discounts.

It showed up in my Gold Box today, so I ordered it. The mousepad art is ok, but I don't even have a good place to store my existing mousepads from other games/animes.

Crap I should have ordered it yesterday. It didn't have the exclusions put up yesterday when I checked it, oh well. Now I have to decide if I want to pay the extra $7 for the mouse pad.

bread's done
Back