couple of question about the ds

shadylane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
ok so i just bought the ds but i'm just a little confused as what it can do...

first of all...can you play mutiplayer with people in other states through wifi?

my box didn't come with the adapter for the headphones....was it suppose to?

had other questions but i forgot them...i will post when they come to me

[quote name='shadylane']ok so i just bought the ds but i'm just a little confused as what it can do...

first of all...can you play mutiplayer with people in other states through wifi?

my box didn't come with the adapter for the headphones....was it suppose to?

had other questions but i forgot them...i will post when they come to me[/QUOTE]

1) The wifi capability - from what I understand - depends on the game itself. Most of them offer a "challenge anyone" mode that works globally and/or regionally. I know that's how Mario Kart DS works (I think).

And then you can also set up friend codes and play against those specific people. In other words, if you and I exchange codes on a game, we can try to play against each other (though sometimes it's still random on who you play against, as in...you'll put in 5 codes and don't actually get to choose WHO you play, it's just a luck of the draw).

So if me, you, and 5 other people all have each other's codes, and we all are online trying to play a...4 player game, 3 of us get randomly left out.

2) No, it won't come with a headphone adapter. But there IS a regular 3.5mm headphone jack on it that you can use. At least, last time I checked there was. You can also get headphones that are completely compatible with the DS/GBA.

Please let other people confirm these things. I don't have a way to verify them myself at the moment.

i see..

so the friends codes are exactly the same thing as on the Wii...how do i get my code to exchange with other people?

also i tried fitting my ipod headphones in there and it wouldn't work

Yeah, the wifi's a bit tricky, and usually there are the "global", "regional", and "friend" choices about who to play against.

And there is a normal 3.5 headphone jack on both the fat and lite, it is on the low part of the system on the same surface area as the volume control. It is on the lower-right side of the system if you have it closed. There should be some sort of diagram in the manual if you can't find it.

There should be an option within the wifi game to add friends, and around there will be your friend code.

I hope this helps?

[quote name='shadylane']i see..

so the friends codes are exactly the same thing as on the Wii...how do i get my code to exchange with other people?

also i tried fitting my ipod headphones in there and it wouldn't work[/QUOTE]

Same way you'd do it with the Wii, so these forums would be the best way. A lot of people put them in their personal profiles (that's what I do).

Otherwise, there's a lot of threads in here for specific games.

Dunno what to say about your iPod headphones, as I'm under the impression any normal headphones ought to work.

[quote name='shadylane']i see..

also i tried fitting my ipod headphones in there and it wouldn't work[/quote]

You get a different friend code for every game. You find it somewhere in that game's Wifi menu, usually.

I'm going to piggyback on this thread.

The headset that they sell, does that allow for voice chat in WiFi games? I have a friend who is getting a DS soon and it would be awesome to be able to chat while playing.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm going to piggyback on this thread.

The headset that they sell, does that allow for voice chat in WiFi games? I have a friend who is getting a DS soon and it would be awesome to be able to chat while playing.[/quote]

some games do. I believe prime does, and pokemon diamond/pearl

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']some games do. I believe prime does, and pokemon diamond/pearl[/QUOTE]

I guess since this came out after Mario Kart, Mario Kart probably doesn't support voice chat?

[quote name='ZForce915']I guess since this came out after Mario Kart, Mario Kart probably doesn't support voice chat?[/QUOTE]

fraid' not

bread's done
Back