Couple Quick Questions :)

Brad1007

CAG Veteran
First i would like to say hi since im new to the forums :)

Anyways i was wonder about a few things

1. How much is a 3do? i was thinking about grabbing the system and trying to get the games boxes/manuals to make it kind of look more complete.
2. What games would you recommend for the 3do the few i can think of now would be road rash and out of this world.
3. I saw in a store near my house a earthbound game selling for $94 o.o is that what they go for

thanks in advance :)

Honestly there's only a handful of games I could recomend. I will say the 3DO often had superior versions of games that came out on multiple consoles (i.e. Gex, Road Rash.) And from what I understand it had some good sports games (Slam n Jam, PGA, Soccer, Madden)

I remember Crash n' Burn which is a car combat game like Twisted Metal. Escape from Monster Manor which is a FPS much like Doom. There was also a version of Samurai Shodown for the system that I think was pretty good. And I can't forget Street Fighter 2 Turbo, while it's not the best version it was the "only" home version for a while.

[quote name='Rodimus']Honestly there's only a handful of games I could recomend. I will say the 3DO often had superior versions of games that came out on multiple consoles (i.e. Gex, Road Rash.) And from what I understand it had some good sports games (Slam n Jam, PGA, Soccer, Madden)

I remember Crash n' Burn which is a car combat game like Twisted Metal. Escape from Monster Manor which is a FPS much like Doom. There was also a version of Samurai Shodown for the system that I think was pretty good. And I can't forget Street Fighter 2 Turbo, while it's not the best version it was the "only" home version for a while.[/QUOTE]
oh im not sure which console to collect for because i want to start one up but not sure what to do it for. I was feeling something over looked like the 3do or jaguar... but yeah lol sega saturn is another option but i heard its quiet hard to find games for it. any suggestions would be nice :)

If you're going to pick between the Saturn, 3DO, and the Jaguar, go with the Saturn. Pick up a 4-in-1 converter and you have the vast collection of import titles that really kick ass. The Saturn might not have gotten the best versions of Road Rash but it does have the best version of X-Men vs Street Fighter, KOF '97, and other awesome fighting games.

The games might be hard to find but I can't imagine it'll be that much easier to find quality titles for the other two systems. Besides, Alien vs Predator is the ONLY good game for the Jaguar.

[quote name='depascal22']If you're going to pick between the Saturn, 3DO, and the Jaguar, go with the Saturn. Pick up a 4-in-1 converter and you have the vast collection of import titles that really kick ass. The Saturn might not have gotten the best versions of Road Rash but it does have the best version of X-Men vs Street Fighter, KOF '97, and other awesome fighting games.

The games might be hard to find but I can't imagine it'll be that much easier to find quality titles for the other two systems. Besides, Alien vs Predator is the ONLY good game for the Jaguar.[/QUOTE]
i was just saying i want to collect something a little out of the ordinary you know because it seems like everyone collects for like NES even though i love my NES i want something that people would be like o_O whats that lol. Any other suggestions im not narrowing it only down to those games just saying i would prefer something odd. Maybe even the Turbografx 16 idk.

[quote name='depascal22']Got ya. Go with the 3DO then or pick up a white Japanese Saturn. I get oohs and ahhs from people when they see it.[/QUOTE]
not many people will be like run into my room and OHHHH AHH lol but i mean something that just would look nice and also wouldnt be bad to pop a game in and play. I mainly chose 3do because i saw this video by petedorr on youtube. I saw a couple games that looked cool and i like how the boxes are so different.

i noticed i just kind of contradicted myself rofl but any other systems you could give me to think about?

If you want it for oddball collection purposes a 3DO is okay. But IMO the qaulity of games in it's library is lacking. I think it's become more of a collectors item and not much more. Like depascal I highly recomend a Saturn over a 3DO. It's got plenty of great titles and also great for collectors.

Anyways if you do decide to get a 3DO they're fairly inexpensive and run around $50.

And as for Earthbound can I ask what condition it's in? Is it cart only or complete w/ box & manual? Cart only copies have sold for $94 and more however these are rare. I personally think it's way too much.

[quote name='Rodimus']If you want it for oddball collection purposes a 3DO is okay. But IMO the qaulity of games in it's library is lacking. I think it's become more of a collectors item and not much more. Like depascal I highly recomend a Saturn over a 3DO. It's got plenty of great titles and also great for collectors.

Anyways if you do decide to get a 3DO they're fairly inexpensive and run around $50.

And as for Earthbound can I ask what condition it's in? Is it cart only or complete w/ box & manual? Cart only copies have sold for $94 and more however these are rare. I personally think it's way too much.[/QUOTE]

Where can i find a saturn 4 in 1 just wondering could soemone link me to one or something if its not to expensive ( the system) then i might grab it :)

The earthbound carts its pretty nice condition no box or manual though

ebay is gonna be your best friend. I'm not aware of any online stores that sell them, but their might be.

Personally I have a Japanese V-Saturn with an offical 4MB RAM cart. I've ran across problems with 3rd party 4 in 1 converters. The games play fine but with certian games (KOF 96) I've had the graphics glitch out. However an offical RAM cart is more difficult to find, mine came packaged with Dungeons & Dragons Collection ($70 total)

As for American games I found most all work on my system. I've only ran across two that didn't (Astal & Magic Knight Rayearth) I'm not sure why this is, possibly my system model. To remedy this I simply got an ST Key which I found for $5.

The problem with the 3DO is the horrible controllers. I have a top loader system, and my guess is that they are preferable because if the tray breaks in the older version, you're sunk.

I find Sega CD is a good, relatively obscure console to collect, if only because A) it has a decent amount of games, and B) there are games you'll actually have fun playing! (Sonic CD, Snatcher, Shining Force, Keio Flying Squadron, Eternal Darkness, Poful Mail, Lunar 1/2, etc.)

[quote name='depascal22']Besides, Alien vs Predator is the ONLY good game for the Jaguar.[/QUOTE]

I'd add Tempest to that good games list, but yeah, Jagaur games sucked.

i got a sega saturn (white) what do i need to buy so i can play all the games and what game should i pick up first?

Well, what kind of games do you like? Are you just looking to collect the most valuable games or do you want to have some fun? We can only hold your hand so much and at some point you have to try some games and figure out what you like.

I'd suggest googling for various "Top Saturn Games" lists to find some of the more well liked games. They'll generally have the same games listed so you can probably get a good idea of what's worth trying from there. For starters I would suggest a couple of cheap goodies like Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, and Daytona USA, I would also give the thumbs up to Nights: Into Dreams.

Personally, I think if you're interested in trying some of the pricier games for the system you should try buying now. Game prices seem to drop a good bit during the summer so you might be able to find them cheaper now, and if/when you're done you can make your money back when you resell.

Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Cop, and Daytona USA should be super easy to find since they were bundled with Saturns but beware they'll in little cardboard sleeves instead of big plastic cases.

If you get NiGHTs, try to find the 3D analog pad to go with it.

Since you have a white Saturn, I'd suggest fighters. My faves:

X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs Street Fighter
Street Fighter Collection (SFII and SF Alpha 2)
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Waku Waku 7

I like basically any type of games was just asking what people thought the best games were for oldschool systems i love platformers :O

Based on that I'll recomend some games:

Cheap American Games:
Astal (2D Platformer)
Three Dirty Dwarves (Beat em' up)
Sonic 3D Blast (3D Action/Platformer)
Nights (2D/3D Flying Action)
Panzer Dragoon 1&2 (Shooter)
Clockwork Knight 1&2 (2D Platformer)
Mr. Bones

Expensive American Games:
Panzer Dragoon Saga (RPG)
Gaurdian Heroes (Beat em' Up)
Shining Force III (RPG)
Dragon Force (Strategy RPG)
Magic Knight Rayearth (Action RPG)
Burning Rangers (Action)
Albert Odyssey (RPG)
Saturn Bomberman (ummm... Bomberman)

For import games I think fighters are your best bet. Any of the Marvel vs games, Waku Waku 7, Groove on Fight, Cyberbots. There some other games like Dungeons & Dragons Collection, Castlevania & Radiant Sivergun, but they can get a bit pricey. Hope this helps get you started.

[quote name='Rodimus']Based on that I'll recomend some games:

Cheap American Games:
Astal (2D Platformer)
Three Dirty Dwarves (Beat em' up)
Sonic 3D Blast (3D Action/Platformer)
Nights (2D/3D Flying Action)
Panzer Dragoon 1&2 (Shooter)
Clockwork Knight 1&2 (2D Platformer)
Mr. Bones

Expensive American Games:
Panzer Dragoon Saga (RPG)
Gaurdian Heroes (Beat em' Up)
Shining Force III (RPG)
Dragon Force (Strategy RPG)
Magic Knight Rayearth (Action RPG)
Burning Rangers (Action)
Albert Odyssey (RPG)
Saturn Bomberman (ummm... Bomberman)

For import games I think fighters are your best bet. Any of the Marvel vs games, Waku Waku 7, Groove on Fight, Cyberbots. There some other games like Dungeons & Dragons Collection, Castlevania & Radiant Sivergun, but they can get a bit pricey. Hope this helps get you started.[/QUOTE]

ty and since i bought it as an imnport im guessing it cant play american games.so i need a action replay 4 in 1 right? is a 4 in 1 basically 4MB Ram of ram?

http://www.estarland.com/SegaSaturn.cat.AC.product.14526.html
i was looking at this so would this let me play all of the games i want?

Yeah, your gonna need an Action Replay 4 in 1. But like I wrote in an earlier post some American games work on my Japanese Saturn, I don't know why.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, your gonna need an Action Replay 4 in 1. But like I wrote in an earlier post some American games work on my Japanese Saturn, I don't know why.[/QUOTE]
so not all games will work even with a action replay 4 in 1?

bread's done
Back