Coupon Book for Gamecube at Best Buy

heffaji

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was in the Bloomington, Indiana Best Buy yesterday and noticed some free booklets containing coupons for money off various games and accesories. Nearly all of these coupons are for $5, so for those of us who have Best Buys that don't have the gift card, these can substitute. They are all good from 8/1/04 until 2/28/05. Now, here are the various games that have coupons. All are $5 unless otherwise noted.

Shark Tale
Nascar 2005-Chase for the Cup
Def Jam-Fight for NY
Lemony Snicket
Pikmin 2
Donkey Konga
Dk Bongos-$3 off
Paper Mario 2
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Wavebird Wireless Controler
Gamecube Nyko 64MB Memory Card
Gamecube System Carrying Case
Game Boy Advance Gamecube Link Cable(The picture shows a Datel product)
Any Gamecube Accessory regulary priced $19.99 and above-$3 off
RoboSapien

Is this the silver booklet? Because actually its not free, your suppose to buy the Metroid Gamecube bundle to get it. I know because I grabbed one thinking it was free because they were just sitting out on a table with some other stuff and the employee came over and told me you have to buy the bundle. He could have just been evil, but I doubt it.

Yeah, this is the silver booklet. This Best Buy had them set out over by the Gamecube games with a sign saying "Take One".

[quote name='Engineer_J']Just take them, nobody pays attention...[/quote]

That would be theft. If they aren't meant to be taken, but meant to go as part of a sale.. then you're stealing them.

And the title of this thread is misleading.. I kept reading the OP looking for the coupon for a Gamecube.

Well, if they are just sitting out, they don't have a price on them, what do you expect? (I haven't seen the booklets so I don't know how obvious it is, but BB seems to leave too much stuff just lying around, and it gets confusing what is free and what isn't sometimes). Its up to BB to either make it clear on the item it isn't just "free", or maybe not just leave them laying out? Maybe a voucher or a clerk with a clue that gives it to you when you actually are supposed to get it?

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Engineer_J']Just take them, nobody pays attention...[/quote]

That would be theft. If they aren't meant to be taken, but meant to go as part of a sale.. then you're stealing them.[/quote]

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']I was told that this came with the Madden game. Pssshhh, i still got my hands on a few booklets. =)[/quote]

There is a different book with PS2 and XBox coupons (and a nice 20% off on up to 3 DVDs) as well, that one is the one for Madden.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Engineer_J']Just take them, nobody pays attention...[/quote]

That would be theft. If they aren't meant to be taken, but meant to go as part of a sale.. then you're stealing them.

And the title of this thread is misleading.. I kept reading the OP looking for the coupon for a Gamecube.[/quote]

Please....., they are COUPONS, stuff you get free at most places, give away in the paper, to encourage you to buy stuff at their store. Let's use a little bit of common sense, I have bought many things with the book and all the guy does is scan it to keep inventory, but you don't HAVE to buy anything to get it no matter what one orginal ad said that is not shown anywhere in the store.

Huh, interesting. But the DK Conga coupon and the GCN accessory coupon are both smaller than the GGC. It'll do in a pinch, I suppose.

I picked up two. After I left the store, I began to wonder if they were supposed to go with something... Anyway, there is nothing more than $5 off, so unless you are lucky enough to use this and the GGC, it is pointless.

BTW, they were NEAR this display with little magazines that said FREE, so my confusion is justified...

When I went to the BB in Moorestown, NJ, there were no coupon books. I asked a salesperson, and he went into the back and brought out a bunch. I took two. He didn't say anything about having to purchase a Metroid bundle.

[quote name='heffaji']... Nearly all of these coupons are for $5, so for those of us who have Best Buys that don't have the gift card, these can substitute. They are all good from 8/1/04 until 2/28/05. ...[/quote]
The best part of these coupons, unless they have changed them is that they do not have the minimum price of $19.99 that the GGC has. Looking over the list and seeing the dates involved (All the way to Feb!), I am sure there will some steals to have in the post-holiday markdown madness.

All it takes is something like Shark Tales to drop to $9.99 clearance and bam! you got it for $5. Now the truth is that since most of the games are EA and Nintendo games, the likelihood of drops to the sub-$20 range is low, but if they do I'll be there ready to be the evil demon customer that I am.

Take that BB, that'll teach you to cancel my orders!

bread's done
Back