Coupon is here!!! Free Nintendogs with 4 preowned GBA trade-ins (or 3) at EB B&M

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
So the other poster seems to have taken out the information in his thread so I figured I'd start a new one...

Trade in 4 GBA games and pre-order Nintendogs for free at EBGames B&M. This deal has been confirmed by several of us here including me.

Here's the list of pre-owned excluded (POX) games thanks to vietgurl!

GBA POX
Bum (Butt Ugly Martians?)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

The trade in any 3 preowned games seems to be a huge YMMV because not many people have gotten it to work. There's a supposed Streetwise coupon that allows you to trade in any 3 games, no exceptions, to get the preorder but none of us has seen it yet. I'll keep this post updated with any incoming information from you guys.

The promotion code is #3901 if that helps anybody.

Edit: Just did the trade 4 deal... Promo #3929

I traded Dragonball GT Video, Cartoon Network Video, Xevious, and Rayman Advance and was able to preorder the Daschund version with no problems. They didn't take Iridion 3D though as was expected.

Edit 2: The coupon has finally appeared!

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7079/nintendogs0mg.png
Thanks to darkcrawlspace

The coupon is good until September 5, but I don't think anybody here has tried using it yet. Go get 'em!

Edit 3: Link fixed. Also thanks to ahmedmalik and SanjuroTsubaki for their help.

I got in on one copy. 4 for 1 promotion. Still a good deal. I actually brought 8 games to get 2 copies but the EB worker(manager?) said no multiples. You sir suck! Everytime I call or come in that EB, they always say "bring in your games to trade", but when you actually do, they don't want it.

If anyone knows who I'm talking about, it's the EB at the shopping center in San Leandro. His name is Kyle.

I got in on the 3 for 1 trade deal yesterday. It was pretty sweet because I had called like a week ago and the guy told me that I needed the coupon if I wanted to do the trade, so I went yesterday expecting to do a 4 for 1 trade. The manager was the only one who knew about the deal in the store but he was busy because they were having some fighting game tournament when i came in. So, he was telling the other employee to price match the games. It took forever for him to do it but I made out with the preorder (for the Lab version) with only 3 GBA games.

[quote name='KongaKing']That logic is horrible. When I spend my money to buy an item, I want it to be the item I bought. Why would I accept a bootleg? Sure they work the same, look the same, but the fact of the matter is they are illegal and not the item you wanted.

Next time you buy some PS1 games, I'm sure you wouldn't want a CD-R and a bootdisc to come in the mail. "But it works the same" doesn't matter

I think it's horrible that she traded those in, not only knowing they were bootlegs, but working at EB.[/QUOTE]

I bought a Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon DVD off eBay, only to find that it was an overseas bootleg -- even though the Superbit picture was on the auction. I was nice and left the guy neutral feedback; after all, it was only $5 after shipping.

He emailed me back pissed that I "ruined" his perfect feedback rating. I bit back that I did him a damn favor, and could've left him negative and reported him to Ebay (with links to show I knew what I was talking about). He stopped bitching real quick.

That's my story. Onto your regularly scheduled topic, and all of us waiting for this damn 3-for-1 coupon, because 4-for-1 is just not worth it in my cheapass opinion. I can just trade in some console games at GameRush for a better deal.

[quote name='ViolentLee']
That's my story. Onto your regularly scheduled topic, and all of us waiting for this damn 3-for-1 coupon, because 4-for-1 is just not worth it in my cheapass opinion. I can just trade in some console games at GameRush for a better deal.[/QUOTE]

Same here. 3 for 1 makes this a hell of a deal. 4 for 1 is alright since I don't have a GR here and I can scrounge up something, but I"m still waiting. From what I have heard from asking people here, some don't even know about a coupon, some know of it but not where to get it, and some say that the coupon was already and it was in last Sunday's paper, which makes absolutely no sense. Strange deal and I oh so want Nintendogs.

[quote name='Soulhunter88']I got in on the 3 for 1 trade deal yesterday. It was pretty sweet because I had called like a week ago and the guy told me that I needed the coupon if I wanted to do the trade, so I went yesterday expecting to do a 4 for 1 trade. The manager was the only one who knew about the deal in the store but he was busy because they were having some fighting game tournament when i came in. So, he was telling the other employee to price match the games. It took forever for him to do it but I made out with the preorder (for the Lab version) with only 3 GBA games.[/QUOTE]

wait a sec? EB games holds fighting game tournaments? if so, I would love to know, unless if it's a local thing.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wait a sec? EB games holds fighting game tournaments? if so, I would love to know, unless if it's a local thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a local thing, but it was probably perfect timing for me going in there for the Nintendogs deal because the manager was too busy to know about the updated 4 for 1 deal.

It's weird though, I noticed that my EBgames has a modded Xbox. I'd seen the manager playing Mario 64 and Metroid on it when I came in before, and then I saw that they were using it to play an old NES game in their tournament. Couldn't they get in a lot of trouble for that?

So Road Rash: Jail Break, Quad Desert Fury, Dragonball Z The Legacy of Goku, and Dragonball Z Legendary Super Warriors aren't POX? Because they all go for $5.99 at ebgames.com, but I'd hate to order them only to find out they're no good.

[quote name='BIG5']So Road Rash: Jail Break, Quad Desert Fury, Dragonball Z The Legacy of Goku, and Dragonball Z Legendary Super Warriors aren't POX? Because they all go for $5.99 at ebgames.com, but I'd hate to order them only to find out they're no good.[/QUOTE]

The MSRP for Nintendogs is only $29.99... if you're spending nearly $25 for these PO GBA games, you might as well just buy the game for full price rather then do the trade-in 4... not worth the hassle IMOO... unless you can get in on the trade 3 offer... hopefully the streetwise coupon surfaces soon.

[quote name='sabin23']The MSRP for Nintendogs is only $29.99... if you're spending nearly $25 for these PO GBA games, you might as well just buy the game for full price rather then do the trade-in 4... not worth the hassle IMOO... unless you can get in on the trade 3 offer... hopefully the streetwise coupon surfaces soon.[/QUOTE]

Well, cag15+edge brings it down to 18 bucks which is a bit better. 30% off is still better then 0.

[quote name='sabin23']The MSRP for Nintendogs is only $29.99... if you're spending nearly $25 for these PO GBA games, you might as well just buy the game for full price rather then do the trade-in 4... not worth the hassle IMOO... unless you can get in on the trade 3 offer... hopefully the streetwise coupon surfaces soon.[/QUOTE]
I already have a couple old games to dump, so I only need to pick up a couple more for this deal, and $5.99 becomes $4.76 after coupon codes.

Guys, I went to my local EBX and tried to get them to buy three GBA games but they told me that I needed to have a coupon. What do I do?

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Guys, I went to my local EBX and tried to get them to buy three GBA games but they told me that I needed to have a coupon. What do I do?[/QUOTE]
bring a fourth game.

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']Is this only for preordering the game, or can I do it after the game comes out?[/QUOTE]

I think its only for pre-orders

I agree here. I added the rough prices of used GBA games and it would almost equal $30 anyways. Not worth it for me, since I live about 30 minutes from an EB.

So I'm just going to buy it online.

[quote name='Requiem']I agree here. I added the rough prices of used GBA games and it would almost equal $30 anyways. Not worth it for me, since I live about 30 minutes from an EB.

So I'm just going to buy it online.[/QUOTE]

I called the EB Store Service place and they told me that a place called Streetwise is doing the coupon and it hasn't been printed up yet. Once it's sent out, you can trade in 3 gameboy advance games and get a copy of Nintendogs. No games are excluded from the deal.

The coupon is being sent out this week. Streetwise says the coupon expires on the 22nd.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']
I called the EB Store Service place and they told me that a place called Streetwise is doing the coupon and it hasn't been printed up yet. Once it's sent out, you can trade in 3 gameboy advance games and get a copy of Nintendogs. No games are excluded from the deal.

The coupon is being sent out this week. Streetwise says the coupon expires on the 22nd.
[/QUOTE]

Sent out where? To people who signed up at Streetwise or EBGames?

I'm holding out for the coupon still as I bought 6 games ($28 after EDGE) before my EB told me about the Streetwise coupon... two of them are POX- so I can either do 4 for one copy of Nintendogs or all 6 with the coupon for two copies.

[quote name='Vinny']Sent out where? To people who signed up at Streetwise or EBGames?

I'm holding out for the coupon still as I bought 6 games ($28 after EDGE) before my EB told me about the Streetwise coupon... two of them are POX- so I can either do 4 for one copy of Nintendogs or all 6 with the coupon for two copies.[/QUOTE]

You have to sign up for Streetwise I believe.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update on that. I guess I mgith wait then.

I just hope this Streetwise coupon is available for all of us and we can print it and stuff.

I believe it's a video game publication that's been around for I'm not sure how long. You can google it. I'm pretty sure it's not an EB thing. At least, that's what the first Nintendogs topic suggested.

I know i am not getting any coupon from streetwise ..... Only I care about is the coupon code in the coupon start: EB XXXXXXX. IS very nice whoever POST the code to help out CAG fans :)

[quote name='sabin23'] The MSRP for Nintendogs is only $29.99... if you're spending nearly $25 for these PO GBA games, you might as well just buy the game for full price rather then do the trade-in 4... not worth the hassle IMOO... unless you can get in on the trade 3 offer... hopefully the streetwise coupon surfaces soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BIG5']I already have a couple old games to dump, so I only need to pick up a couple more for this deal, and $5.99 becomes $4.76 after coupon codes.[/QUOTE]

Approximately $20 Nintendogs isn't too bad then. Good for you especially since you have 2 other GBA games to dump.

Even with GGC, it will still end up costing $25 at BB.

I guess I should read back and see if the question has already been answered, but I'm way too lazy. I went in to EB the day the deal started a few hours after it opened and got the deal with 3 games. no coupons, no hastle. my question is, will they make me turn in another game or pay the difference that the 4th game would have made? I've got the receipt and each game was rung up as $10 each so hopefully that won't be a problem.

[quote name='TheRobot774']I guess I should read back and see if the question has already been answered, but I'm way too lazy. I went in to EB the day the deal started a few hours after it opened and got the deal with 3 games. no coupons, no hastle. my question is, will they make me turn in another game or pay the difference that the 4th game would have made? I've got the receipt and each game was rung up as $10 each so hopefully that won't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

If you have a receipt stating that they were each $10 then you shouldn't have a problem.

[quote name='Gigamaster89']Instead of re posting my other question...

What is the trade in value of a perfect condition fat ps2?[/QUOTE]

Usually $75. There's a promo going on right now that'll bump it up to $85, more if you trade in 4 nonexcluded games.

[quote name='Farny']I believe it's a video game publication that's been around for I'm not sure how long. You can google it. I'm pretty sure it's not an EB thing. At least, that's what the first Nintendogs topic suggested.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Streetwise is just a entertainment test group... they ask you all these questions and have you take surveys.

EBgames.com is running buy 3 pre-played games get 1 free right now, so unless you've already got 3 games to trade, there's no longer any reason to wait for the streetwise coupon.

[quote name='BIG5']EBgames.com is running buy 3 pre-played games get 1 free right now, so unless you've already got 3 games to trade, there's no longer any reason to wait for the streetwise coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you have an edge card its useless. 25%off using cag15 & edge > buy3get1 unless all the games are the same price, then its equal.

[quote name='suko_32']Sorry, might be stupid question, but if I use the trade in 4 deal then does the POX list go into effect?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The deal is barely worth it now. My cousin traded in sweet games for it, and I thought it was a stupid move.

He traded in:

Advance Wars 2
Wario Ware
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Boktai

All for stupid Nintendogs. He could've gotten over $30 here for those four, don't you think?

[quote name='Farny']Yes. The deal is barely worth it now. My cousin traded in sweet games for it, and I thought it was a stupid move.

He traded in:

Advance Wars 2
Wario Ware
Boktai

All for stupid Nintendogs. He could've gotten over $30 here for those four, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

That's crazy... you should've offered him $30 for it and then sold them here for a small profit.

It's not bad if you trade in some crappy stuff. I traded in 2 GBA videos which I bought a couple of weeks ago for $1.99 each, Xevious, which I bought at EB for $2.99 and Rayman Advance, which I bought off some guy for like $1. $8 total for Nintendogs is not a bad deal at all IMHO.

I think I'm going to take advantage of this deal. Thing is, I only have 2, maybe 3 GBA games that aren't on the POX list. I say maybe 3 because I think my cousin stole my copy of SMAdvance2 :D

I also have ready for trading:
Advance Wars (first one...not worth anything these days I suppose)
Mario Kart (I've played it to death)

I also have Ecks vs Sever, but it appears that's on the POX list, which sucks because the game is a handicapped Doom clone with less awesome.

Anyways, if I only have 2 games, or if they make me give 4 and I only have 3, do you think they'd mind if I seeked out the cheapest GBA games they had (not on the POX list of course), bought them, then immediately turned around and sold them to them? Is there any rule against this? If not, score - I wouldn't pay $30 for Nintendogs, but trading in my GBA collection that values to about $10 is worth it :D

[quote name='Farny']
He traded in:

Advance Wars 2
Wario Ware
Boktai
[/QUOTE]

This makes me want to cry . . . no one should trade really good games in on this deal.

Do people not like to sell on Ebay? I find, since I'm one of the few US, non-bootleg sellers, I get a lot of hits and sell my used games for a fair price. I've never been disappointed with a final auction sale. Of course, now I don't want you guys busting in on my action. :)

Ive noticed that as well, the honest sellers that provide pictures, and specifically state that the game is from their own collection and that it is authentic seem to get more bidders than those who list a hundered games at 9.99 and say its cart only, and provide only stock pictures.

I also notice that used games in good, complete condition seem to go for a fair price on ebay, sometimes more than expected!

The thing with ebay though is that it takes time to list, wait for it to sell, and ship. Not to mention the high fees you will probably incur from ebay and/or paypal. I'm sometimes too lazy to post it on ebay and this way you get an automatic $7.50 for each game you trade in.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I think I'm going to take advantage of this deal. Thing is, I only have 2, maybe 3 GBA games that aren't on the POX list. I say maybe 3 because I think my cousin stole my copy of SMAdvance2 :D

I also have ready for trading:
Advance Wars (first one...not worth anything these days I suppose)
Mario Kart (I've played it to death)

I also have Ecks vs Sever, but it appears that's on the POX list, which sucks because the game is a handicapped Doom clone with less awesome.

Anyways, if I only have 2 games, or if they make me give 4 and I only have 3, do you think they'd mind if I seeked out the cheapest GBA games they had (not on the POX list of course), bought them, then immediately turned around and sold them to them? Is there any rule against this? If not, score - I wouldn't pay $30 for Nintendogs, but trading in my GBA collection that values to about $10 is worth it :D[/QUOTE]
Anyone?

[quote name='SaraAB']Ive noticed that as well, the honest sellers that provide pictures, and specifically state that the game is from their own collection and that it is authentic seem to get more bidders than those who list a hundered games at 9.99 and say its cart only, and provide only stock pictures.

I also notice that used games in good, complete condition seem to go for a fair price on ebay, sometimes more than expected![/QUOTE]

yeah, ive been pretty happy with what i've sold my gba games for. i always state that my games r not bootleg. got rid of my Zelda:minish and Final Fantasy Advance... and i am not ashamed.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']
Anyways, if I only have 2 games, or if they make me give 4 and I only have 3, do you think they'd mind if I seeked out the cheapest GBA games they had (not on the POX list of course), bought them, then immediately turned around and sold them to them? Is there any rule against this? If not, score - I wouldn't pay $30 for Nintendogs, but trading in my GBA collection that values to about $10 is worth it :D[/QUOTE]
It depends on the cashier whether they're cool with it or not. People have been able to. If they deny you, just go back later or when someone else is at the register.

[quote name='Farny']
He traded in:

Advance Wars 2
Wario Ware
Boktai
[/QUOTE]
For fucksakes, what a waste of games. Doesn't anyone have any free copies of Virtua Tennis left from TRU? I was giving them away to everyone I knew who has a GBA. And what about the $1.99 games from CC a few months back? Those are the games that should be getting traded in for this promotion. Sad to see people getting hosed over a 'Free' copy of Nintendogs. My trade-in was only $6 out of pocket, I'll have to pay tax but I'll still be under $10.

Suggestion for those buying GBA games to trade in, the Buy 3 Get 1 free is your best bet. Not online though, you'll pay $2 for shipping and its mostly $5.99 games. Go In store and you should be able to find a few $3.99-4.99 games. I saw Galidor and Turbo Turtle for $3.99, both non-POX. You could potentially get your 4 to trade in for $12, even less if you have an Edge card. Then if they'll let you trade in 3, you can keep one of the games.

[quote name='neudog']I've been to two EB's abouth this deal. The first said I could trade 3 with the "Streetwise" coupon and the other, today, went into the system and read verbatim the trade in 4 for 1 copy of Nintendogs or 8 for 2 copies. So if you are fortunate to get in on the trade 3 w/o the coupon congrats, as for everyone else I think you will be trading in four until this coupon surfaces. If I find the coupon I will post here. Good luck to you all.[/QUOTE]

I just called my EB today to make sure they knew about it. The guy looked around in the computer and said that they're doing this deal and that you only need 3 trade ins. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I bought Minority Report, Pinobee, and Tang Tang all for $12 .. so not a bad deal at all to get Nintendogs. Big time thank you to the op.

Who traded in Wario Ware. That game is rare (for the GBA). you can't even buy it anymore.
As others have stated, not worth trading in such good games. When you think about it, the $30 for Nintendogs isn't exactly that much. I would've kept those great GBA games and paid the $30

I went to EB and apparantly I'm the one who's letting them know all about this deal. They tried to trade in my 3 games for the 3 copies of Nintendogs ^_^
It didn't work and I told them it was 3 for 1, but that I did have 9 games. I then advised them to check their emails to confirm it, since it didn't seem to work.
The guy doesn't seem to believe me and calls another employee who says "Check yor email." and then he finds the old email! Trade in 3 for 1 nintendogs - no exclusions - with a Streetwise coupon >_<

So - they're going to talk to the manager about it tomorrow and try and either get me the coupon or just the 3 for 1...

Hey, guys, if you want to bust on my cousin for trading in such beautiful games for such a bland deal, send a PM to "Zaffer". He'll appreciate the messages.

bread's done
Back