Coupon is here!!! Free Nintendogs with 4 preowned GBA trade-ins (or 3) at EB B&M

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
So the other poster seems to have taken out the information in his thread so I figured I'd start a new one...

Trade in 4 GBA games and pre-order Nintendogs for free at EBGames B&M. This deal has been confirmed by several of us here including me.

Here's the list of pre-owned excluded (POX) games thanks to vietgurl!

GBA POX
Bum (Butt Ugly Martians?)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

The trade in any 3 preowned games seems to be a huge YMMV because not many people have gotten it to work. There's a supposed Streetwise coupon that allows you to trade in any 3 games, no exceptions, to get the preorder but none of us has seen it yet. I'll keep this post updated with any incoming information from you guys.

The promotion code is #3901 if that helps anybody.

Edit: Just did the trade 4 deal... Promo #3929

I traded Dragonball GT Video, Cartoon Network Video, Xevious, and Rayman Advance and was able to preorder the Daschund version with no problems. They didn't take Iridion 3D though as was expected.

Edit 2: The coupon has finally appeared!

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7079/nintendogs0mg.png
Thanks to darkcrawlspace

The coupon is good until September 5, but I don't think anybody here has tried using it yet. Go get 'em!

Edit 3: Link fixed. Also thanks to ahmedmalik and SanjuroTsubaki for their help.

[quote name='Requiem']Who traded in Wario Ware. That game is rare (for the GBA). you can't even buy it anymore.
As others have stated, not worth trading in such good games. When you think about it, the $30 for Nintendogs isn't exactly that much. I would've kept those great GBA games and paid the $30[/QUOTE]
Is it really that rare? I just waltzed into my local Gamestop the other day and picked it off the shelf...it wasn't the last copy either. Maybe I was just lucky?

Quick scan on Ebay shows copies. It might be rare to see in stores anymore, since there's Twisted and Touched out, but you can certainly find it if you want it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I don't think Wario Ware is rare either, I see it at TRU, BB, and Target all the time.[/QUOTE]

It's not rare but it is hard to find cheap . . . the only place I've seen it recently is for $30 at my TRU.

Very odd because it is simply one of the best GBA games but they clearanced it all over the place (it was $5 at CC . . . though I didn't get one then).

Nintendo ought to have some kind of Greatest Hits promo for the GBA to keep some of the better games in view.

[quote name='clockworkgreen'] It might be rare to see in stores anymore, since there's Twisted and Touched out, but you can certainly find it if you want it.[/QUOTE]

It's rare in the stores I scope out... but probably only because they are making room for the new Wario games... Shelf space is precious.

Most stores have created large sections for UMD movies, in some cases bigger then Gamecube... I guess they're selling quite well for the PSP.

Yea its been hard for me to find it for a good price. EB has it online for $15 AC but I want a complete copy. It would be a smart move for Nintendo to put out a greatest hits on GBA, it would be even smarter if they put them in DS cases too.

Wario ware was 10$ at kbtoys christmas 2005 i believe, so its a pretty cheap game.

Please do not trade in any good games for this deal, only use stuff that ebgames sells for like, under 10$ hehe. That is the way to get the most out of this deal. Please dont knowingly trade in bootleg games though as that is dishonest. Any first party games by nintendo are not worth trading in, sell them on ebay as authentic and from a personal collection and you will get enough money to purchase as many copies of nintendogs as you would like, especially if you have box and manual.

Wario ware is too good for this deal though, only use worthless games, if you dont have any worthless games, go to ebgames pick up some cheap gba games that are not on the pox list, take the stickers off and go back the next day and trade them in for nintendogs. They cant say anything if you do it this way, if they do wait till another clerk other than the one you bought the games from is working.

They either changed the wording or it was always "Offer valid on pre purchases only" so im assuming that means you cannot buy the game then trade it in on the spot as credit toward nintendogs.

Well - I called back today...
Get this...
Trade in ANY 3 GBA advance games! NO EXCLUSIONS!
Before anyone jumps on me with "YMMV" it's just in response to my previous post - where the employees had no idea what I was talking about and decided to have a talk with the DM. Apparantly everything I had told them turned out to be true - and it seems that they'll take in any three without the coupon ^_^

All three versions are now reserved!
I had 12 games ready - 9 so I could have each game reserved and another 3 so I could transfer credit to Advance Wars. It turns out that exclusions DID apply >_> soooo I only managed to trade in the 9 for 3 - the good thing is that they gave me the 3 for 1 deal and not the 4 for 1! I didn't even need a coupon!

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']Well - I called back today...
Get this...
Trade in ANY 3 GBA advance games! NO EXCLUSIONS!
Before anyone jumps on me with "YMMV" it's just in response to my previous post - where the employees had no idea what I was talking about and decided to have a talk with the DM. Apparantly everything I had told them turned out to be true - and it seems that they'll take in any three without the coupon ^_^[/QUOTE]

Got in on the 3 for 1 Nintendogs, i was waiting for the coupon, but decided to call up 2 stores to my suprise they both said yes the deal is going on. Westland and Northville, MI locations

I "bought" NFL blitz 20-03 for 0.00 (it was PO and in the computer for that price), then used the buy 3 get one to get 3 other cheap games plus game and watch gallery for myself. I think after tax i ended up paying 17.

Does anyone know if the nintendogs lunchbags were shipped to ebgames yet, any ebgames, my ebgames hasnt gotten the lunchbags in yet so i am wondering if they come in when the game comes in, thanks.

I do not want to miss out on the lunchbag (nor do i want to forget that i need to pick it up lol).

[quote name='SaraAB']Does anyone know if the nintendogs lunchbags were shipped to ebgames yet, any ebgames, my ebgames hasnt gotten the lunchbags in yet so i am wondering if they come in when the game comes in, thanks.

I do not want to miss out on the lunchbag (nor do i want to forget that i need to pick it up lol).[/QUOTE]

The game is 2 weeks away... I wouldn't exepct them to arrive for ATLEAST another week and a half.

I was told that they hadn't been shipped out yet - so I'd guess about the same as gizmogc and say that your best bet is to wait another week or so.[quote name='SaraAB']Does anyone know if the nintendogs lunchbags were shipped to ebgames yet, any ebgames, my ebgames hasnt gotten the lunchbags in yet so i am wondering if they come in when the game comes in, thanks.

I do not want to miss out on the lunchbag (nor do i want to forget that i need to pick it up lol).[/QUOTE]

When I reserved mine, I asked about the lunchbag/screen cleaner and they said they didn't get it yet. They said if they don't give it to you automatically when you pick up your preorder, to just remind them.

To those who got in on the 3 for Ndogs deal in the last few days . . . is the deal in the system? or did the employees have to manually bump up the values to $10?

Early on the employees had to adjust the trade in values (override the system). Did the values now jump up automatically?

The employees in my area were told by their District Managers to manually type in the prices o-o'

[quote name='schultzed']To those who got in on the 3 for Ndogs deal in the last few days . . . is the deal in the system? or did the employees have to manually bump up the values to $10?

Early on the employees had to adjust the trade in values (override the system). Did the values now jump up automatically?[/QUOTE]

Could I do this deal with 3 crap games, then cancel my preorder to just have $30 credit to EB? I'm not sure if I want Nintendogs, but I'd like to have some money set aside for some upcoming DS games (Castlevania, Mario Kart, Advance Wars, New SMB, etc)

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Could I do this deal with 3 crap games, then cancel my preorder to just have $30 credit to EB? I'm not sure if I want Nintendogs, but I'd like to have some money set aside for some upcoming DS games (Castlevania, Mario Kart, Advance Wars, New SMB, etc)[/QUOTE]

Read the fucking thread. This question has been posted and answered numerous times.

The computer bumps it up automatically when they enter the promo, i dont know how exactly that works though, most ebgames are not willing to manually override stuff for promotions (mine wasnt).

I think they might take the 4 games, then put in the nintendogs preorder, then it bumps the values up automatically.

[quote name='gizmogc']Read the fucking thread. This question has been posted and answered numerous times.[/QUOTE]
Just read through the entire fucking thread, and saw it asked once and answered zero times. Thanks for the help.

Also, what are some HELLA cheap GBA games, at any store? Do CC or BB have any $2 or $3 GBA games I could go pick up, to make this really a good deal? :D

EDIT: I'd particularly like to know because I'm not quite sure how much I'll enjoy this game, and if I spend less than $15 on it, I won't feel bad getting bored of it within a few weeks >_>

Does anyone know what the POX list for this deal is? Or is it in fact the list at the beginning of the thread? I thought that was a speculated list based on a previous deal.

I tried to google "Streetwise video games" and the only thing that came up was some sort of virtual driving class. I wonder if the coupon even exists.

As long as it not a sports game or selling used for under $5.99, it should count. It does take four games to get it free. They give you $7.50 per game in trade. I would suggest go to a local ebgames buy the cheapest 4 PO_GBA games then trade them into another store.
Some others deals that are going on are $12.50 per PO_PS2, XBOX, GC game when traded towards NASCAR 06. You can also get $10 per game when they are traded towards:
ZELDA: Twilight Princess, NBA LIVE 06, RAINBOW SIX 3 LOCKDOWN

All 3 of my closest EB's said 3 for the game. When I went in and tried to do it the comp wouldn't let them finish the transaction. It seems that unless they manually overide it and set each game at a 10$ value, you have to trade 4 games in for the comp to accept it. Thats at least around here. If the employee doesn't know about the deal, tell them to read thier e-mails or ask thier managers, it'll usually work.

[quote name='tanman']Does anyone know what the POX list for this deal is? Or is it in fact the list at the beginning of the thread? I thought that was a speculated list based on a previous deal.

I tried to google "Streetwise video games" and the only thing that came up was some sort of virtual driving class. I wonder if the coupon even exists.[/QUOTE]
There's an EB POX list in the Bragging Rights forum I believe.

Hey, guys, in my cousin's defense, he actually bought both Wario Ware and Advance Wars 2 for $5 at Best Buy, and could've also gotten Kirby: Amazing Mirror for $5 but decided not to. He always gets lucky. I can't believe those 3 games went at $5.

[quote name='tanman']Does anyone know what the POX list for this deal is? Or is it in fact the list at the beginning of the thread? I thought that was a speculated list based on a previous deal.

I tried to google "Streetwise video games" and the only thing that came up was some sort of virtual driving class. I wonder if the coupon even exists.[/QUOTE]

This is the GBA POX list as of Aug 3rd, courtesy of Vietgurl:

GBA POX
Bum
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

Bum = Butt Ugly Martians, so stop snickering :D...

For the person asking about $2 or $3 games at CC or Best Buy - unlikely, unless you can find some of the $1.99 games that CC had a while back. Your best bet is buying used games, maybe in combination with a Buy 2 Get 1 free type deal (like Blockbuster/GR has right now). You'd still be spending $14 though (hard to find anything non-POX for less than $7 at GR). I figure $14-$15 is just low enough to deal with the hassle of trying to get the 3 game deal to work. I'm sure this game will be available in the low-mid $20's somewhere within a week or two of release.

I'm just glad I got in on this the very first few days. I'm surprised, though, that the "Streetwise" coupon hasn't surfaced at this point. It is sounding more and more like that was a promo that never quite got off the ground :D. I'm just trying to decide if I really want to get the 2 versions I have preordered or try the "switch to credit" thing others have done on one of them - maybe use that on Nanostray or some other upcoming DS game. My biggest problem is that I don't know jack about dogs and aren't sure which I'd keep (I preordered Lab and Dach.). I know you can get all the dogs eventually. Hopefully they'll come out with a cat version next! :D Them I can deal with.

[quote name='io']I'm surprised, though, that the "Streetwise" coupon hasn't surfaced at this point. It is sounding more and more like that was a promo that never quite got off the ground :D. [/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to feel the same way about the "Streetwise" coupon... the game is about to be released and still nothing... you'd think they want the coupon out by now to generate some interest and hype with Nintendogs (even though the coupon was intended for those that took part in a survery).

[quote name='sabin23']I'm beginning to feel the same way about the "Streetwise" coupon... the game is about to be released and still nothing... you'd think they want the coupon out by now to generate some interest and hype with Nintendogs (even though the coupon was intended for those that took part in a survery).[/QUOTE]

I'm even more surprised someone here hasn't bragged about making a fake coupon. The employees have no idea what it looks like and all the coupon would have to say is enter code #3901 or whatever the number is. Not that I encourage such a thing.

Nah - I told them that the promotion number was #3901 and they told me that even knowing the deal - it's not something they would manually type in to get the deal to work. They have to ring up the games and if there is a deal going on, the deal will show up. They were reluctant to manually type in the prices when I first went there on Wednesday and I said "Yeah - I think someone at another EB actually got fired for doing that with this Nintendogs deal.."
What they did, therefore, was call their DM overnight - and I guess he told them to manually input the prices of three guys. Weird because another store in the same district had already known about the deal when I went to them - but it was the trade in four deal.

Also- for those looking to buy some cheap games- you can get four games for the price of three from EB thanks to their buy 3 get 1 free deal. o-o'

[quote name='bmarquardt']I'm even more surprised someone here hasn't bragged about making a fake coupon. The employees have no idea what it looks like and all the coupon would have to say is enter code #3901 or whatever the number is. Not that I encourage such a thing.[/QUOTE]

2 very confused eb employees gave me $30 credit for 3 GBA games towards Nintendogs. I even offered the: "why don't you try to trade-in 4 GBA games? maybe that will work?" They were so stubborn ("no, it says right here, trade 3, our computer must be messed up"), that they called the manager at home and got his permission to bump up the trade-in values.

It sounds like the streetwise coupon thing was nothing but a big lie, unless it surfaces like next week or something, either that or very few people got the coupon due to not knowing about streetwise.com or streetwise only sending it out to whoever they choose, and none of those people might be on forums anywhere.

I dont think anyone here would try to make a fake coupon then brag about it, you can be traced by ip address and such on the internet, so if someone committed fraud like that it would be possible to prosecute them. Not to mention ebgames does take your name and info when you do the trade in so if you gave them a fake coupon it would probably be pretty obvious that you did so, and they would take action on it. I would also imagine this type of action would get you banned from these forums, since these forums are about getting the best deals legally.

What is the process for switching credit at EB? Do you have to switch it to a preorder or can you use it for store credit. I'm thinking of trading in six for two preorders and switching one to advance wars.

[quote name='tanman']What is the process for switching credit at EB? Do you have to switch it to a preorder or can you use it for store credit. I'm thinking of trading in six for two preorders and switching one to advance wars.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I really want Advance War as well.

Coupons go out this monday. Deal expires on Sept 5th.

So I found out what streetwise is and where to get the coupon.

http://members.streetwise.com/msgboard/viewtopic.php?t=4775&highlight=nintendogs

This is a forum and they are talking about how to get the coupon. Supposedly they are forming teams of some sort? And those that do well get the coupon? If anyone else would like to join and get in on it and if they get the coupon share it with the rest of us that would be awesome. I will continue to try as well.

Is there a way I could get the coupon without being a Streetwise member? I heard it has no exclusions, and that would mean I could get rid of Ecks vs Sever and only have to buy 2 more games...

I just got my Nintendogs preordered for about $10 .. woo. Luckily I didnt need the streetwise coupon thingy to trade in just three.

and yes I would like a cookie

That would be awesome! Please oh please- that way I can get rid of these three POX games I have (Butt Ugly Martians, Iridion, Fire Pro Wrestling) - then switch the credit to Advance Wars :D
Which would equal All three Versions of Nintendogs + Advance Wars for about 40 dollars!

[quote name='tanman']So I found out what streetwise is and where to get the coupon.

http://members.streetwise.com/msgboard/viewtopic.php?t=4775&highlight=nintendogs

This is a forum and they are talking about how to get the coupon. Supposedly they are forming teams of some sort? And those that do well get the coupon? If anyone else would like to join and get in on it and if they get the coupon share it with the rest of us that would be awesome. I will continue to try as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tanman']So I found out what streetwise is and where to get the coupon.

This is a forum and they are talking about how to get the coupon. Supposedly they are forming teams of some sort? And those that do well get the coupon? If anyone else would like to join and get in on it and if they get the coupon share it with the rest of us that would be awesome. I will continue to try as well.[/QUOTE]

The whole Streetwise thing is kinda odd.

They are working off of a very sound marketing principle . . . get a relatively small group of motivated people to spread the word and ignite others to shop at a store or buy/view a particular item/movie. Small in this case might be 5,000 people organized as groups of 30 at a local level.

But the application here sounds really half-assed. We are highly motivated gamers and some of us have joined SW and heard nothing. It sounds like the group of "street" gamers selected is so small (a few hundred nationwide) and exclusive that their impact will be minimal. Plus, rather than rewarding this small group and empowering them right away they delay and make them work for paltry rewards. This is likely to reduce their dedication and motivation . . . from what I've seen it is a crappy application of a great concept.

[quote name='schultzed']The whole Streetwise thing is kinda odd.[/QUOTE]

I eventually did end up registering on the site, but almost didn't. The buzzspeak sounded somewhat creepy at best, scammy at worst. But, I figured there would probably be another EB promotion at some point...(ooh, Soul Caliber III)

[quote name='schultzed'] But the application here sounds really half-assed. [/QUOTE]

It speaks poorly of them that EB seems to be more organized about it than they are. Their EB team is still out of commission, and it's mid-August.

It's a little bit ironic -- it's their job to promote Nintendogs, but CAG has done that better than they have, or probably could. We should get the coupon.

[quote name='schultzed'] from what I've seen it is a crappy application of a great concept.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

This is their phone number: TEL 310.657.3434

Give them a call and see whats up. They were very helpful to me. According to them, the deal ends September 5th.

bread's done
Back