Coupon is here!!! Free Nintendogs with 4 preowned GBA trade-ins (or 3) at EB B&M

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
So the other poster seems to have taken out the information in his thread so I figured I'd start a new one...

Trade in 4 GBA games and pre-order Nintendogs for free at EBGames B&M. This deal has been confirmed by several of us here including me.

Here's the list of pre-owned excluded (POX) games thanks to vietgurl!

GBA POX
Bum (Butt Ugly Martians?)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

The trade in any 3 preowned games seems to be a huge YMMV because not many people have gotten it to work. There's a supposed Streetwise coupon that allows you to trade in any 3 games, no exceptions, to get the preorder but none of us has seen it yet. I'll keep this post updated with any incoming information from you guys.

The promotion code is #3901 if that helps anybody.

Edit: Just did the trade 4 deal... Promo #3929

I traded Dragonball GT Video, Cartoon Network Video, Xevious, and Rayman Advance and was able to preorder the Daschund version with no problems. They didn't take Iridion 3D though as was expected.

Edit 2: The coupon has finally appeared!

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7079/nintendogs0mg.png
Thanks to darkcrawlspace

The coupon is good until September 5, but I don't think anybody here has tried using it yet. Go get 'em!

Edit 3: Link fixed. Also thanks to ahmedmalik and SanjuroTsubaki for their help.

The team's supposed to be reactive this week... and it's already Saturday and still nothing! I hope someone finds that coupon because without it, I'll have 2 POX GBA games!:whistle2:x

I don't think this coupon will ever see the light of day. I never heard of a coupon coming out so late. Nintendogs is only 9 days away!!

[quote name='Requiem']I don't think this coupon will ever see the light of day. I never heard of a coupon coming out so late. Nintendogs is only 9 days away!![/QUOTE]

It's not a coupon only for pre-orders now. It'll be valid until September 5th. They're supposedly sending me a bunch.

i just did the trade 2 days ago. I was lucky enough to have someone who accepted 3 games, although he had never heard of the deal and had to call it in. I was nervous there for a second, but I will have Daschaund and Friends in my hands on the 23rd.:bouncy:

I went to see if this worked today, and apparently the people there knew nothing about this offer, but looked it up and it was there. They didn't mention anything about a coupon (they had to enter the prices manually though) and long story short, I traded in konami arcade classics, operation armored liberty and aggressive inline (spent $12 total about a year ago) and preordered Nintendogs. =^n.n^=

...now I just need a DS, and I'll be set.

I'll be pissed if the coupon does become available . . . I did one more of 4 GBA for Ndogs (all games I bought online about a week ago (Pinobees, Tang Tang, Konami . . . about $17 total of eb credit) to get $30 in credit . . . I'll shift it to Katamari next week.

Since the 4 for deal entered the computer my store won't do the 3 for.

I do have 2 POX games . . . so if the coupon is available I guess I'll do one more.

Apparently the new team is gonna start this week and it will be availible to everyone.

I do admit that streetwise seems somewhat scammy, i did use a fake phone number on there (shhh) i dont want anyone calling my house, which would be really annoying to me and my family, the rewards seem minimal for what you are doing, all the last people got was an ebgames hat and a sticker or something... I wouldnt even be the type of person to wear a store logo on my hat, thats just selfless advertising for the store.

I think i already promote ebgames enough on message boards, i type long posts about why they are the best games store (they have prices that are less than half of what gamestop charges!!!) if you shop at gamestop you are stupid frankly, unless you find something there that is less than what ebgames charges.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']How do you shift credit for games?[/QUOTE]

Tell them you changed your mind and want to put your preorder credit for Ndogs onto We Love Katamari (or whatever) or have them shift it to your Edge card.

[quote name='SaraAB']Apparently the new team is gonna start this week and it will be availible to everyone.

I do admit that streetwise seems somewhat scammy, i did use a fake phone number on there (shhh) i dont want anyone calling my house, which would be really annoying to me and my family, the rewards seem minimal for what you are doing, all the last people got was an ebgames hat and a sticker or something... I wouldnt even be the type of person to wear a store logo on my hat, thats just selfless advertising for the store.

I think i already promote ebgames enough on message boards, i type long posts about why they are the best games store (they have prices that are less than half of what gamestop charges!!!) if you shop at gamestop you are stupid frankly, unless you find something there that is less than what ebgames charges.[/QUOTE]
Is there a way the coupon could be posted here so I don't have to worry about joining Streetwise?

[quote name='SaraAB']

I think i already promote ebgames enough on message boards, i type long posts about why they are the best games store (they have prices that are less than half of what gamestop charges!!!) if you shop at gamestop you are stupid frankly, unless you find something there that is less than what ebgames charges.[/QUOTE]

I agree (though Gamerush is far better than either :D). But won't GS and EB be one and the same once they merge later this year? And, in fact, won't they be really just be GS - throwing out all the good EB deals... I just hope things like the Zelda preorders get transferred smoothly :D. Or did I miss some news about the GS acquisition of EB not happening?

I pre-order Nintendogs and did not get a free gift, WTF?!?!?!
The pre-order gift will not be given out until a few days BEFORE the release of the game, or most likley on the day when you pick up Nintendoogs.

Can I trade 3 GBA games for Nintendogs and switch my pre-order to something else?
Sure, it MAY be possible, but its YMMV. Even if, I wouldnt try this until AFTER the game comes out

Where is that streetwise coupon and where can I get it?

At the current time there is NO coupon. Please do not ask, its not available, and may never be.

I'm too lazy to search this thread or even read a few posts up, help me!

Not going to happen

[quote name='io']I agree (though Gamerush is far better than either :D). But won't GS and EB be one and the same once they merge later this year? And, in fact, won't they be really just be GS - throwing out all the good EB deals... I just hope things like the Zelda preorders get transferred smoothly :D. Or did I miss some news about the GS acquisition of EB not happening?[/QUOTE]

Everyone is waiting to see the impact . . . sounds like it won't happen until next year. GS is likely to not kill the EB brand immediately. I don't think we have to worry about preorders and store credit . . . yet anyway.

The deal is done but the changes are up in the air.

My biggest worry is online . . . EB's site and policies totally kick GS's in the a$$. But if the EB site has more volume . . . they may adopt it . . . who knows.

Just got an e-mail from the ebgames street team that I've been on for a while, and this is what they said...

CHEW ON THIS: NINTENDOGS COUPONS

Hey Ben...

As a member of the EB Games Team v2.0 you completed a survey about how you would promote Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Nintendogs. You expressed interest in Nintendogs and that's why you have been selected to help EB Games and Nintendo with the Nintendogs promotion.

As a member of this Team you will receive 20 coupons to give to your friends. The coupon gets you a FREE Nintendo DS copy of your choice of Nintendogs when you pre-order and trade in any 3 Game Boy Advance games. We will be shipping your coupons by the end of this week. The coupon will only be valid until September 5th, 2005 so make the best of your limited time!

So now I've got 20 coupons to give out and I don't really know anybody around that has a DS.....

[quote name='vgamer1']Just got an e-mail from the ebgames street team that I've been on for a while, and this is what they said...

Hey Ben...

As a member of the EB Games Team v2.0 you completed a survey about how you would promote Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Nintendogs. You expressed interest in Nintendogs and that's why you have been selected to help EB Games and Nintendo with the Nintendogs promotion.

As a member of this Team you will receive 20 coupons to give to your friends. The coupon gets you a FREE Nintendo DS copy of your choice of Nintendogs when you pre-order and trade in any 3 Game Boy Advance games. We will be shipping your coupons by the end of this week. The coupon will only be valid until September 5th, 2005 so make the best of your limited time!

So now I've got 20 coupons to give out and I don't really know anybody around that has a DS.....[/QUOTE]

Good info.

[quote name='vgamer1']Just got an e-mail from the ebgames street team that I've been on for a while, and this is what they said...

Hey Ben...

So now I've got 20 coupons to give out and I don't really know anybody around that has a DS.....[/QUOTE]

Congrats. I wonder if they are one time use/unique coupon codes and are printed on special paper? I guess you'll see when you get them.

If they are unique, you could always give them away here for cost of shipping plus whatever your time's worth (I would think). I know I wouldn't mind having one.

[quote name='vgamer1']

don't forget about Uncle Apossum

*Hem Hem* - there was survey for promoting Nintendogs and Zelda? How did I miss it?! Anyway...yeah... just offer some coupons up in this thread ^_^

Hey Ben...

Hey Ben...

I see a bunch of you guys calling dibs and asking for this guy's coupons, but the title of his post is "From Gamefaqs...", which tells me that the quoted email wasn't even his. If this is correct, then vgamer1 will not have any coupons to give away. The interesting part about the email, though, is the mention that they'll be shipping the coupons to recipients, as opposed to having people print out the coupons (which is what I thought would be the case).

I did this at an EB in Bridgeport, WV and it worked. They told me I needed a coupon if I wanted to do the 3 games thing, but they said if I traded in 4 games I didn't need the coupon so I did that. Nintendogs shall be mine on the 23rd.

Also, could I trade in 3 games with the coupon after nintendogs comes out, then immediately sell nintendogs back to them for $20 or so if guessing, then buy some more gameboy games from them, then repeat the cycle. How long do you think it would take before they kicked me out of the store?

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']Also, could I trade in 3 games with the coupon after nintendogs comes out, then immediately sell nintendogs back to them for $20 or so if guessing, then buy some more gameboy games from them, then repeat the cycle. How long do you think it would take before they kicked me out of the store?[/QUOTE]

The profit margins wouldn't be worth it.

[quote name='abilyk']I see a bunch of you guys calling dibs and asking for this guy's coupons, but the title of his post is "From Gamefaqs...", which tells me that the quoted email wasn't even his. If this is correct, then vgamer1 will not have any coupons to give away. The interesting part about the email, though, is the mention that they'll be shipping the coupons to recipients, as opposed to having people print out the coupons (which is what I thought would be the case).[/QUOTE]
Correct, I quoted someone on gamefaqs, and he gave them all out already.

"The coupon gets you a FREE Nintendo DS copy of your choice of Nintendogs WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER and trade in any 3 Game Boy Advance games. We will be shipping your coupons by the end of this week. The coupon will only be valid until SEPTEMBER 5th, 2005 "

When you preorder, but the coupon lasts til the 5th?

Just traded Virtua Tennis, Splinter Cell, Castlevania COTM and MMBN3W. Couldn't help myself, I played the hell out of the demo at my local gamecrazy and I just know this game will end up owning me.

I'm guessing the end date for the coupon trumps the preorder aspect of it. I'm betting you'll be able to trade in games for it until the fifth...it'll make it hard to switch credit once the game is already out though...
Gah..I've got three POX games to unload >_> I really need that Streetwise coupon...

[quote name='My Name Is BoB']"The coupon gets you a FREE Nintendo DS copy of your choice of Nintendogs WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER and trade in any 3 Game Boy Advance games. We will be shipping your coupons by the end of this week. The coupon will only be valid until SEPTEMBER 5th, 2005 "

When you preorder, but the coupon lasts til the 5th?[/QUOTE]

I went down to the EB in Saugus, MA at the Square One Mall on Saturday to ask about this deal because Nintendo was holding the Simon Mall DTour there.

I played dumb and asked the clerk about the Nintendog deal. He said he didn't know of anything and proceeded to check the computer. He found the deal and said, "It's trade 3 GBA games and get $30 towards Nintendogs." I asked if there were any exclusions to what games I traded in. He read the screen and told me there were no exclusions but there was a coupon that must be presented. Then he said, "What coupon?!" Don't worry about the coupon." He also said the deal was good until monday (today 8/15) unless you already preordered, then it is good up until the release.

I just got mine ordered today, plus 2 of the games I used (Iridion 3D and Fire Pro Wrestling) were on the POX list. The clerk had to manually adjust the amount of the games to 10 dollars though.

I picked up these games used at Gamestop down the street for a total of $13.62. I removed all stickers from the games before I traded them in though.

All in all, a good deal if you already preordered and can get some cheap GBA games.

[quote name='abilyk'] The interesting part about the email, though, is the mention that they'll be shipping the coupons to recipients, as opposed to having people print out the coupons (which is what I thought would be the case).[/QUOTE]

Can just scan and print them, once someone here gets a coupon.

[quote name='megawat'] He also said the deal was good until monday (today 8/15) unless you already preordered, then it is good up until the release.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit, is today the last day? If so, I need to get off my ass and go to EB!

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Holy shit, is today the last day? If so, I need to get off my ass and go to EB![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about it, the story/deal is different at every single EB.

This is my first post here, but I figured I'd give a nice thanks to you folks. This deal worked for me. :D

I figured I'd also let you folks know that the EBGames in Broadview, IL is honoring this deal. I traded 3 gba games (THPS3, MK:DA and Metroid Fusion) for it.

When I walked in and asked, she told me "Trade 3 DS Games and get it free." I was kinda bummed, so I told her that I heard it was 3 GBA Games. She checked the computer... found the deal, and I was out in like 2 minutes after giving her all my information so EBGames can spam the hell out of me. Oh well!

3 GBA Games for free Nintendogs? Yay!

*has looked through the thread but found nothing*

Has anyone successfully transfered the preorder to Advance Wars DS or another title?

[quote name='o_O']*has looked through the thread but found nothing*

Has anyone successfully transfered the preorder to Advance Wars DS or another title?[/QUOTE]
Call your EB ahead of time and say "I preorded Nintendogs...would it be possible to transfer that over to AW?"
If they say yes, then go preorder Nintendogs. If they say no, don't.

[quote name='mdm']My 4th game still needs to arrive in the mail. The deal better still be on at my EB[/QUOTE]

I did the 4 game trade deal today -- and the guy at this EB is quite together and knowledgeable about the current deals. I've been waiting in hopes of the coupon, but I'd rather trade 4 and get Nintendogs than wait and possibly get nothing. If the coupon comes along, I'll use my POX game and a couple of other second-stringers for a second copy.

I too broke down and did the 4 game trade in. I had to purchase a 4.99 game for my fourth title, but you can't beat Nintendogs for 5.46.

I just did it again at the Manhattan Mall EB since I wanted to get rid of the last 4 videos I had before they went POX. Dude that helped me seemed ticked off though. Maybe he had just had a horrible customer or something.

$8 for a second Nintendogs (which will become Advance Wars) is not bad at all.

is there a new Promo coming. I went to One ebgames and they said

Trade in Any 3 Gameboy carts get This game free. Promo runs Now- sept 5

the old promo ends Aug 21..

so i traded in 3 junk games and got it free

bread's done
Back