Coupon is here!!! Free Nintendogs with 4 preowned GBA trade-ins (or 3) at EB B&M

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
So the other poster seems to have taken out the information in his thread so I figured I'd start a new one...

Trade in 4 GBA games and pre-order Nintendogs for free at EBGames B&M. This deal has been confirmed by several of us here including me.

Here's the list of pre-owned excluded (POX) games thanks to vietgurl!

GBA POX
Bum (Butt Ugly Martians?)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

The trade in any 3 preowned games seems to be a huge YMMV because not many people have gotten it to work. There's a supposed Streetwise coupon that allows you to trade in any 3 games, no exceptions, to get the preorder but none of us has seen it yet. I'll keep this post updated with any incoming information from you guys.

The promotion code is #3901 if that helps anybody.

Edit: Just did the trade 4 deal... Promo #3929

I traded Dragonball GT Video, Cartoon Network Video, Xevious, and Rayman Advance and was able to preorder the Daschund version with no problems. They didn't take Iridion 3D though as was expected.

Edit 2: The coupon has finally appeared!

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7079/nintendogs0mg.png
Thanks to darkcrawlspace

The coupon is good until September 5, but I don't think anybody here has tried using it yet. Go get 'em!

Edit 3: Link fixed. Also thanks to ahmedmalik and SanjuroTsubaki for their help.

I really wanted to turn those last three POX games from Nintendogs --> AW ;-;
I hope someone finds the coupon soon...
[quote name='Requiem']Streetwise can eat my dog doodoo![/QUOTE]

is it possible to do this deal on the day it gets out, cuz i come back to the mainland from hawaii on tuesday, so hopefully they will let me get it with 4 gba games, i just need to hope that they bought more than what was reserved

[quote name='dooddude']are there exclusions to the deal?????? (can somebody find me list if there are?)[/QUOTE]

The exclusion list is on the first post.

[quote name='o_O']*has looked through the thread but found nothing*

Has anyone successfully transfered the preorder to Advance Wars DS or another title?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Three days ago I traded in my 4 games. The next day I went in early so that I would get a different employee (the girl who helped me with the trade only works nights). They swapped the credit right over to Advance Wars no questions asked.

If they give you any hassle about it you could also just wait a few days after release and tell them you changed you mind and don't want Nintendogs anymore but want Advance Wars. Your credit is in the system and its not like they can make you buy it.

If worst comes to worst you can just pick up Nintendogs, leave it sealed, and return it the next day for Advance Wars.

[quote name='o_O']*has looked through the thread but found nothing*

Has anyone successfully transfered the preorder to Advance Wars DS or another title?[/QUOTE]

I transferred a Ndogs preorder to We Love Katamari today . . . then I cancelled a Nascar preorder taking the $49.99 on my Edge card.

Wanted to make sure I could because some are saying this is becoming YMMV . . . I had no problems.

[quote name='Malkovich']Has anyoen NOT had luck cancelling their preorder for credit?[/QUOTE]

dude on lima road in fort wayne said they will Refuse to move that credit to any other game

[quote name='slidecage']dude on lima road in fort wayne said they will Refuse to move that credit to any other game[/QUOTE]

Well I guess my first question is why do you live in fort wayne?

Very interesting... Notice that it doesn't say "no copies", though that might be in the "complete details" that the "sales associate" has. We need to get a good quality scan and try printing these puppies :D. Then see what happens.

It also says some titles are excluded - so it looks like they are applying the POX list to this as well. I guess the 3 GBA games, no exclusions was too good of an offer :D.

Also no mention of "Streetwise" on the coupon at all. So it wouldn't be unreasonable to take a high quality printout into an EB and give it a shot - the coupon code either works or it doesn't.

I just hope I get my copy. The guy says there's a shortage on the Dachshund version; I just hope it's not like that for Chihuahua.

Shortage on Dachshund version?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!! That's what I want! It's soooo cute. But why did Advance Wars have to come out on the same day?

I just went to EB to preorder Nintendogs: Chihuahua. I had no problem at all trading in 3 GBA games. Before I went to EB I went to Gamestop to pick up 3 GBA games to trade in. Star X ($4.99), Hot Potato ($4.99), and Galador ($6.99). So basically I ended up paying $17 for Nintendogs. Not to shabby, eh? :D I also preordered Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

I've been messing with the picture taken and photoshop, this is one of the better ones I have gotten....
NINTENDOGS.jpg

[quote name='Farny']What day do we pick up, by the way? Tuesday or Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

Tuesday. First party Nintendo games always ship Monday to be in stock for Tuesday.

Only problem with this is I need to then make 2 trips to the game store seeing how The Incredible Hulk comes out on Wednesday. ^_^

[quote name='SanjuroTsubaki']I've been messing with the picture taken and photoshop, this is one of the better ones I have gotten....
NINTENDOGS.jpg
[/QUOTE]
So if I took that in, you think it'd work :D?

[quote name='Requiem']Too bad this didn't come out sooner. Pre-ordering basically ends today or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

"Coupon Effective Until September 5th, 2005"

Looks like it doesn't end soon.

As a "thanks" for me pointing this out, someone should get me the Chihuahua version.

Wow, looks like the coupon finally showed...right after I preordered it. No problems though as I went in an told them the promo code 3901 and they took it no problem. Unfortunately the guy was not experienced and it took him about 20 min and several phone calls to the manager to do it. Oh well.

As a back up, I actually had the idea to print out my sign in info for the streetwise thing and just tell them that I was told to do this as the coupon hadn't been released. Since they don't need the coupon for the computer to do it I thought this would work on most employees. So there is an idea if you can't/don't want to use the (tardy) coupon.

After asking the Hagerstown EB a couple of times throughout the course of the past couple of weeks, I finally took in the receipt that was scanned in earlier in this thread, and was able to get the pre-order deal. I also printed out the pictures of the coupon (this was earlier in the day before the newer pictures were posted), but they said they couldn't go off of that. However, I had to trade in 4 games instead of 3, and unlike the receipt that was posted, they would not take Iridion 3D. I ended up trading Lady Sia (bought for $5 at Gamestop a long while ago), Xevious (bought new for $3 at an EB not too long ago), Tony Hawk 2 (bought it at GBA launch and haven't really played it a whole lot), and Pinball of the Dead (although I do love the house of the dead series, I figure if I ever wanted it again I could probably buy it later for cheap).

I took in the coupon and it worked with no problems, although the salesman was surprised that it was 3 games instead of 4 games.

It wouldn't scan, so he just punched in that "EBC..." code after looking for promotion 3901 and it worked like a charm. Traded in FIFA 2004, Namco Museum, and some crappy old Yu-Gi-Oh game. Total trade in would have been worth $7 without the coupon.

Great deal. Thanks to the OP and Sanjuro for the scan.

[quote name='DeskLaser']After asking the Hagerstown EB a couple of times throughout the course of the past couple of weeks, I finally took in the receipt that was scanned in earlier in this thread, and was able to get the pre-order deal. I also printed out the pictures of the coupon (this was earlier in the day before the newer pictures were posted), but they said they couldn't go off of that. However, I had to trade in 4 games instead of 3, and unlike the receipt that was posted, they would not take Iridion 3D. I ended up trading Lady Sia (bought for $5 at Gamestop a long while ago), Xevious (bought new for $3 at an EB not too long ago), Tony Hawk 2 (bought it at GBA launch and haven't really played it a whole lot), and Pinball of the Dead (although I do love the house of the dead series, I figure if I ever wanted it again I could probably buy it later for cheap).[/QUOTE]

That was probably my receipt, the one I posted in the old Nintendogs topic. I did pretty well, huh?

Okay, at this point I really need to know where to get the cheapest GBA games. I only have one crappy one, and it's on the POX list (Ecks vs Sever) :cry:.

I hadn't realized that my printer was pretty much out of ink :cry:
I wasn't able to print out a decent looking copy so I'll have to wait to go buy some sometime this week.
Sorry about that =\

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Thanks a lot. I was planning to go on monday :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']I hadn't realized that my printer was pretty much out of ink :cry:
I wasn't able to print out a decent looking copy so I'll have to wait to go buy some sometime this week.
Sorry about that =\[/QUOTE]
It's alright, it was confirmed to work above.

This really blows. I was told by another EBGames that the last day for the deal is today, so I go into a different EB today, and the manager tells me some confusing stuff about not having all the versions, and says I can't get the extra credit for trading in games. They were near closing time so I couldn't get back in time(I had to run somewhere else).

And there was this A-Hole clerk there again. I asked him if he could check to see if a few games were on the POX list, and he says "How many games" with the look and sound meaning he was being a lazy ass and didn't want to work that much. The guy is always like that, sheesh.

So now I am SOL on trading in these GBA games I bought for this deal, since today is the last day, correct? :(

I went to an EB Today. I called them up on the phone before hand and asked if the deal was still going on and for the details. They said that you had to trade in 3 GBA games for the Nintendogs pre-order and you get some other junk too like a lunchbox. I then went to to gamestop and bought there 3 cheapest GBA games (4.99) each, they were all horrible sports games (Sports Illustrated Kids Football etc.) but they were not on the POX. Went to the EB I called and they said that the deal won't go through the computer and it ended today. Returned the games at the Gamestop 10 minutes later. Oh well.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']So now I am SOL on trading in these GBA games I bought for this deal, since today is the last day, correct? :([/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how many times I have to post this to get the point across, but the coupon says "Coupon Effective Until September 5th, 2005".

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']

That's a scan I got of the coupon. It's the actual size and color as well.[/QUOTE]

that must been the promo i got mine preorder in. BUt i didnt even have the coupon to use it on LIMA ROAD

bread's done
Back