Coupon is here!!! Free Nintendogs with 4 preowned GBA trade-ins (or 3) at EB B&M

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
So the other poster seems to have taken out the information in his thread so I figured I'd start a new one...

Trade in 4 GBA games and pre-order Nintendogs for free at EBGames B&M. This deal has been confirmed by several of us here including me.

Here's the list of pre-owned excluded (POX) games thanks to vietgurl!

GBA POX
Bum (Butt Ugly Martians?)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

The trade in any 3 preowned games seems to be a huge YMMV because not many people have gotten it to work. There's a supposed Streetwise coupon that allows you to trade in any 3 games, no exceptions, to get the preorder but none of us has seen it yet. I'll keep this post updated with any incoming information from you guys.

The promotion code is #3901 if that helps anybody.

Edit: Just did the trade 4 deal... Promo #3929

I traded Dragonball GT Video, Cartoon Network Video, Xevious, and Rayman Advance and was able to preorder the Daschund version with no problems. They didn't take Iridion 3D though as was expected.

Edit 2: The coupon has finally appeared!

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7079/nintendogs0mg.png
Thanks to darkcrawlspace

The coupon is good until September 5, but I don't think anybody here has tried using it yet. Go get 'em!

Edit 3: Link fixed. Also thanks to ahmedmalik and SanjuroTsubaki for their help.

[quote name='suko_32']Shortage on Dachshund version?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!! That's what I want! It's soooo cute. But why did Advance Wars have to come out on the same day?[/QUOTE]
where was it said that there would be a shortage on that version? I may have missed it but I couldn't find the post that stated that.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']The coupon is for a pre-order but is effective till Sept. 5....wtf?[/QUOTE]
And if Pre-Orders/the trade in deal are over...double WTF?

I didn't even need the coupon and I was able to trade in 3 GBA games. The clerk told me the deal lasted through september 5th. Have them call up the Northgate Mall EBGames in Seattle if they have a problem with it. (206)-440-9049

I neeeeeeeeeeeed the chihuahua version, if you guys wind up with an extra, PM me, we'll trade or something!

I mean, sure, I need a DS first, but i'd like to go ahead and get the chihuahua version!

[quote name='Technique']I didn't even need the coupon and I was able to trade in 3 GBA games. The clerk told me the deal lasted through september 5th. Have them call up the Northgate Mall EBGames in Seattle if they have a problem with it. (206)-440-9049[/QUOTE]
Lucky.

I went to mine. The guy said 3, took 3 of my games, went over to a different computer and said, "Oh, looks like you need 4 now". I'm not going to complain though, Nintendogs for 16 is certainly a deal.

[quote name='Scorch']thanks, but I owe tuition payments Thursday.. I only have $5 extra, and that'll probably be used for two gallons of gas.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you, living somewhere with cheap gas :D. I couldn't get 2 gallons with $5!

[quote name='io']Lucky you, living somewhere with cheap gas :D. I couldn't get 2 gallons with $5![/QUOTE]

It's a sad day when $2.50 is considered "cheap", isn't it?

[quote name='Scorch']It's a sad day when $2.50 is considered "cheap", isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and he's probably thinking about last week's price to begin with.

Thanks Bush for putting all your OIL pals ahead of the rest of us.

Just printed out 2 of those coupons, and traded in 6 games (Ecks vs Sever, Gadget Racers, Fifa 03, Fifa 05, Tekken, and some other game) for 2 copies of Nintendogs. It seems like there aren't any exclusions with the coupon.

[quote name='Tromack']Lucky.

I went to mine. The guy said 3, took 3 of my games, went over to a different computer and said, "Oh, looks like you need 4 now". I'm not going to complain though, Nintendogs for 16 is certainly a deal.[/QUOTE] that kinda happened to me to. i called and the guy said i only needed 3 games, so i go up there and he has trouble. ends up i need 4. he tells me to look for the cheapest game in there, so i find mad trix ($4). i buy it and trade it in right after, didnt even touch it. haha. oh well.

So the coupon will still work. Awesome, I still have a chance. Now I just need to avoid that lazy ass fucker that always acts like "Damn, I have to work."

[quote name='Wez455']that kinda happened to me to. i called and the guy said i only needed 3 games, so i go up there and he has trouble. ends up i need 4. he tells me to look for the cheapest game in there, so i find mad trix ($4). i buy it and trade it in right after, didnt even touch it. haha. oh well.[/QUOTE]

Are you guys not using this coupon?

UGH every ebgames i called doesnt have the preorder bonus anymore.. and they cant even guarantee ill get it tommorow.. The game is THAT popular o_O

oh well.. ill just abuse my employee discount at gamestop ;)

I am going to give the following the good ole fashion college try this evening.

1)I have 3 copies of the coupon printed out.
2)I will go to EB this evening when no manager is working.
3)I already pre-ordered 1 Nintendogs with 4 GBA games.
4)I have 5 additional GBA games to trade in.
5)I will try to give the guy the 5 GBA games and the 3 coupons, which would equal a total of 9 GBA games traded in.
6)I will try and get 3 copies of Nintendogs for 9 GBA games and 3 Coupons.

I doubt it will work, but it is worth a try. I am happy just to be getting one copy for 4 GBA games that cost me less than $10 total.

[quote name='efralope']where can someone get the coupon though... I don't think they'll accept them past today...[/QUOTE]

The coupon is availble to print in the first post...?

[quote name='efralope']where can someone get the coupon though... I don't think they'll accept them past today...[/QUOTE]

And it expires on the 5th of Sept.

SanjuroTsubaki link for the coupon is the only decent one and even the fine text is hard to read. Does anyone have a sharper scan they can post, preferably one of the white & green one that the sales person won't question. I've already preordered one with the trade in four due to impatience for the coupon, but I would like to get another version. Thanks and congrats to all who have already been able to capitalize on the coupon.

[quote name='neudog']SanjuroTsubaki link for the coupon is the only decent one and even the fine text is hard to read. Does anyone have a sharper scan they can post, preferably one of the white & green one that the sales person won't question. I've already preordered one with the trade in four due to impatience for the coupon, but I would like to get another version. Thanks and congrats to all who have already been able to capitalize on the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Best I've found:

http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nintendogs0mg.png

Credit goes to someone a few pages back.

But honestly, even the white and black one will work... the promo should be in the computers, all the need is a SKU to ring up.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Excellent! The links on the first page of the thread can't touch this one. Thanks much! :D[/QUOTE]

That's because, for some reason, the OP linked to the THUMBNAILS and not the actual pictures. I still agree that this one is best, especially since it won't eat up all your printer's black ink.

[quote name='ViolentLee']That's because, for some reason, the OP linked to the THUMBNAILS and not the actual pictures. I still agree that this one is best, especially since it won't eat up all your printer's black ink.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I think it's because I disabled the pics on the forum for work so the link I see has a "th" in it. I'll fix it.

Can you cancel your preorder and then turn around and use this coupon to purchase the exact game with the credit they give you?

[quote name='encendido5']Ah, I think it's because I disabled the pics on the forum for work so the link I see has a "th" in it. I'll fix it.[/QUOTE]

Throw out some of those other pictures too, like the ones with the guy getting the box and all that. No real point to them, and it just clutters up the OP.

[quote name='Roufuss']Throw out some of those other pictures too, like the ones with the guy getting the box and all that. No real point to them, and it just clutters up the OP.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Finally, the coupon has arrived. i didn't think it would almost. I'm going to pre-order it today, err...the game already came out, so how long will this coupon work for/last. Some EB employees told me after looking into their computer that this deal ended yesterday. Sorry if this has been previously answered, but I don't have the time now to look through the thread.

Edit: Durr *smacks head* It's right there in the OP. I wonder how I missed it. Oh well, I'm in a rush.

Eureka!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!! It works. It works. I traded in the Madden 2002 for GBA that I've had for a while that came with the bundle with my GBA and my Iridion 3d and my friends and it all worked, even though the Iridion's are on the POX list. It all worked. Tomorrow the Lab version of Nintendogs shall be mine, and maybe a Daschund and maybe I'll switch over the one I have for Chihuaha for a Advance Wars since I'm not really too interested in the Chihuaha version.

Edit: Forgot to say that the coupon barcode wasn't working when the cashier scanned it, but when he put in the code on the coupon, it worked like a charm:cool:

[quote name='neudog']Can you cancel your preorder and then turn around and use this coupon to purchase the exact game with the credit they give you?[/QUOTE]

My friend is in the same situation you are. He probably won't bother trying the coupon, but still kinda sucks.

[quote name='sanjuro']anyone have an suggestions for cheap GBA games and do GBA Videos count(I assume they don't for some reason)? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well my friend just called me and said that he tried doing this deal with Ecks vs. Sever ($4.99 at EB), Iridion 3d ($3.99 at EB), and Fire Pro Wrestling ($5.99 at EB). It all worked for him and this is before EB Edge card is added. Thanks again OP on my behalf and my friend. This deal is just awesome.

Well - Initially I had reserved one of each version because I got lucky with my EB - trade in 3 and get the game free. The bad thing however, is that I began with twelve games and was only able to trade in nine. The reason - 3 of the games were on the POX list.
LO AND BEHOLD! I took the scan of the Nintendogs coupon over to my EB - three of the cashiers there are people whom I know well so whatever. One of the guys asked me when I walked in if I had found a copy of the coupon. I show them the copy that was scanned here, and with it I was able to trade in 3 POX games towards a lab version.
So with the coupon I was able to get thirty dollars worth of credits towards Nintendogs using
Iridion 3D
Fire Pro Wrestling

Butt Ugly Martians

1.50 trade in value all together - 30.00 credit.

If I were to get a gift receipt with one of the copies of Nintendogs - would I be able to bring it to another EB with the gift receipt and exchange it for a copy of Advance Wars? What I really want answered I guess - which is veiled in the previous question, is whether or not I can exchange a game bought at one EB to another - I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to switch credit from one game to another with the gift receipt but not sure if I can do it a different location than where I actually bought it.

^^^ I'm asking the question 3 ways, each one trying to make it clearer than the last - but it still seems strange :?

Let me just start by giving a HUGE thank you to both the person who started this thread and the person who took the time to scan the streetwise coupon. Thanks to you guys I finally got to unload 3 of my $5 CC sale games from last summer... and got a copy of Nintendog's along with the little lunch bag and screen cleaner for nothing.

I traded in Legends of Wrestling II, All Star Baseball '03 and Stuntman, which all together should have amounted to 4.50ish in credit... I gave the cashier a printed out copy of the coupon and they didn't give me any problem about it. He struggled with the transaction at first, but ultimately just over rode the trade in prices of the games to 10 bucks a piece. It took about 10 minutes or so but it was well worth it. I hope the rest of you have the same luck I did.

bah, i just called EB to try to switch one of my pre-orders of Nintendogs over to Advance Wars DS, but the guy said because i used the trade-in promo, i couldn't use the credit for anything besides Nintendogs. so with a little begging, he said to come in tomorrow and talk to him, cause he's the manager or something.

so does anyone have any tips on what i can say to convince him to switch one of my pre-order over?

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']bah, i just called EB to try to switch one of my pre-orders of Nintendogs over to Advance Wars DS, but the guy said because i used the trade-in promo, i couldn't use the credit for anything besides Nintendogs. so with a little begging, he said to come in tomorrow and talk to him, cause he's the manager or something.

so does anyone have any tips on what i can say to convince him to switch one of my pre-order over?[/QUOTE]

I would tell him you did not know that all 3 versions of the game were almost the same, and you dont want two versions of the game when you only really need one.

The coupon does in fact work until Sept. 5th - the EB employees told me the date was extended.

I traded in Rayman Advance, Chu Chu Rocket, and Firepro Wrestling... the games got abour $2.50 worth of credit before the coupon scanned.

I traded in three games with Darkcrawlspace's printout in the OP with no problems. Not sure if POX games work, since the employee accidentally put in my Firepro Wrestling (which is POX) as Firepro Wrestling 2 (not POX). Hey, I wasn't going to point out his mistake :D The other employee asked me if I knew about the POX lists too, since I brought in three games that were PO on the first time, and seemed to know what worked and what didn't. She claimed the lists were on EB's website and most people don't check, to which I said "Yea, sure, that's where I saw em!"

The other employee also asked me where I got the coupon from, since she had been looking for it for awhile to preorder the game for herself, and that corporate never told them where it comes from, other than Streetwise. She asked me "did you have to go to their website, and fill out some forms or something?" and I said "Yea, and then they emailed it to me" since it was obvious it was printed out (my printer sucks). I wasn't about to break the first rule of CAG.

EXTRA INFO!!!

The EB did in fact tell me the Dachsund and Friends was to be the one that is going to be hard to find... Nintendo isn't apprantly shipping out many copies. When I preordered it, they told me this, and asked me if I had a second choice in case they already sold them all.

They were also out of the lunch bag and screen cleaner... they told me they had a ton of preorders, and they were surprised they ran out of bonuses. I told them getting the game for free was enough of a bonus!

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']If I were to get a gift receipt with one of the copies of Nintendogs - would I be able to bring it to another EB with the gift receipt and exchange it for a copy of Advance Wars? [/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware that EB can print out gift reciepts... most stores like Target and TRU always ask me whenever I make purchases but never at EB.

Can EB print these for us?

bread's done
Back