Coupon is here!!! Free Nintendogs with 4 preowned GBA trade-ins (or 3) at EB B&M

Condor_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
So the other poster seems to have taken out the information in his thread so I figured I'd start a new one...

Trade in 4 GBA games and pre-order Nintendogs for free at EBGames B&M. This deal has been confirmed by several of us here including me.

Here's the list of pre-owned excluded (POX) games thanks to vietgurl!

GBA POX
Bum (Butt Ugly Martians?)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Dragonball Z: Collectible Card Game
Ecks vs. Sever
Fortress
Fire Pro Wrestling
Iridion
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
Ready 2 Rumble 2
WWF: Road to Wrestlemania

The trade in any 3 preowned games seems to be a huge YMMV because not many people have gotten it to work. There's a supposed Streetwise coupon that allows you to trade in any 3 games, no exceptions, to get the preorder but none of us has seen it yet. I'll keep this post updated with any incoming information from you guys.

The promotion code is #3901 if that helps anybody.

Edit: Just did the trade 4 deal... Promo #3929

I traded Dragonball GT Video, Cartoon Network Video, Xevious, and Rayman Advance and was able to preorder the Daschund version with no problems. They didn't take Iridion 3D though as was expected.

Edit 2: The coupon has finally appeared!

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7079/nintendogs0mg.png
Thanks to darkcrawlspace

The coupon is good until September 5, but I don't think anybody here has tried using it yet. Go get 'em!

Edit 3: Link fixed. Also thanks to ahmedmalik and SanjuroTsubaki for their help.

Its a huge pain for me to go buy a PO game and trade it in, since I would go to gamestop with their somewhat cheaper PO GBA games, but since the coupon says exclusions count, and there is still no true guarantee that Iridion 3d (2.99 at gamestop) would work, I'm going to throw in two games I've wanted to unload FOREVER (tony hawk 2 and rayman advance) and go buy Lady Sia, which I am 99 percent sure is not POX based on the list in this thread, and its only 4.99, so I'm not sweating 2 bucks. Wow...I don't even have a DS but I've wanted to get rid of the two crap games in my collection, so this is perfect for me.

THANKS FOR THE COUPON!!!

[quote name='Roufuss'] The EB did in fact tell me the Dachsund and Friends was to be the one that is going to be hard to find... Nintendo isn't apprantly shipping out many copies. When I preordered it, they told me this, and asked me if I had a second choice in case they already sold them all.

They were also out of the lunch bag and screen cleaner... they told me they had a ton of preorders, and they were surprised they ran out of bonuses. I told them getting the game for free was enough of a bonus![/QUOTE]

I hope Dachsund won't be hard to find... I preordered the Lab version but I had a change of heart since the Dachsund version has golden retrievers, pugs and beagles.

EBs are giving out the lunch bag and screen cleaner already?
I thought they were giving them out when you picked up the game... I guess I should have dropped in EB more recently. The last time I set foot was when the news broke of the trade 3 GBA games for Nintendogs.

[quote name='sabin23']I hope Dachsund won't be hard to find... I preordered the Lab version but I had a change of heart since the Dachsund version has golden retrievers, pugs and beagles.

EBs are giving out the lunch bag and screen cleaner already?
I thought they were giving them out when you picked up the game... I guess I should have dropped in EB more recently. The last time I set foot was when the news broke of the trade 3 GBA games for Nintendogs.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, I forgot to mention this earlier. The employee that I'm friends with didn't even know there were pre-order items with it. I got the lunchbag and the screen cleaner for free and he even through in a Makai Kingdom book for me. I'm glad that I'm going in tomorrow and orderin/pre-ordering another copy since I thought that just about every Nintendogs was the same and came with relatively the same dogs. I really want one with golden retrievers and beagles.:D

All versions of Nintendogs have all the dogs. The different versions just limit which dogs you start out with. You'll eventually be able to unlock all the dogs in any version of the game.

Hey, are you guys paying tax on these? I just traded in two worthless games and Lady Sia, which I got for 4.99, and the girl at EB, though busty and rather hot, told me through broken logic that I needed to pay 2.31 tax. I'm not THAT stingy, to get a new first party DS game for 7-8 bucks and complain, but I'm wondering if the girl didn't know what she was talking about.

Thanks.

just got from pre-ordering two copies(one for each of my little brothers) and it worked great. I was a little worried since I was dealing with the manager and it was technically after closing(I got there around 15 minutes until closing but the manager was busy talking with his friend so I didn't bother him), but I had no problems. He didn't even ask where I got the coupon, or question me doing the deal twice. My GBA Videos even worked(although he was doubtful they would, but he was eager to try anyways). Also, my coupon was in B&W and obviously printed. no tax either, I even got .01 back for every pre-order on an edge card.

PRESELL ORDER DEPOSIT
>2578623 NINTENDOGS LAB DS
>ORDER QTY: 1

POX-FP WRESTL GBA
1 @ 0.50
Bonus: 9.50 Promo #3901

PO-ADVNCE WARS GB
1 @ 2.00
Bonus: 8.00 Promo #3901

PO-AGASSI T/G GBA
1 @ 0.50
Bonus: 9.50 Promo #3901

--------------------------------------

PRESELL ORDER DEPOSIT
>2578664 NINTENDOGS CHI DS
>ORDER QTY: 1

PO-FAIRLY O:2V GB
1 @ 2.00

PO-FAIRLY O:1V GB
1 @ 2.00

PO-KIDS N/D VD GB
1 @ 2.00

oh yah, I even managed to get a promo lunchbag, last one he had apparently.

thanks to whoever posted the coupon and those who contributed to the thread.

I went today to get another copy by trading in 3 POX games (Which work with the coupon ^_^) and asked about the lunchbags. They told me to wait until tomorrow =\
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yaeh, I forgot to mention this earlier. The employee that I'm friends with didn't even know there were pre-order items with it. I got the lunchbag and the screen cleaner for free and he even through in a Makai Kingdom book for me. I'm glad that I'm going in tomorrow and orderin/pre-ordering another copy since I thought that just about every Nintendogs was the same and came with relatively the same dogs. I really want one with golden retrievers and beagles.:D[/QUOTE]

Yea I just saw, on the bottom of the scanned coupon, it says customer may be responsible for sales tax. Ok, now I can accept it.

Now I just need a black DS to come out and I'll buy it and I can play Nintendogs...until then...its just going to sit on my desk :D

They didn't give me any preorder bonus stuff...I will call tomorrow to see if they screwed me or if they just didn't have anything.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Hey, are you guys paying tax on these? I just traded in two worthless games and Lady Sia, which I got for 4.99, and the girl at EB, though busty and rather hot, told me through broken logic that I needed to pay 2.31 tax. I'm not THAT stingy, to get a new first party DS game for 7-8 bucks and complain, but I'm wondering if the girl didn't know what she was talking about.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have to pay tax at all.

But oddly enough, I did get taxed on my Advance Wars preorder.

And you don't need the text at the bottom of the coupon... all you need is for the barcode and numbers under it to be legible, really.

you know, you probably didnt get taxed on the nintendogs one because they just gave the games value enough to equal the total cost of nintendogs, as opposed to using the real coupon method, because im pretty sure there's no way to get around it...I even called their customer support to check it.

I have another stupid question...but I don't have any GBA games I'm willing to part with, can I just purchase 3 games at the EBGames, then trade them in using the coupon?

If you want to get a dirty look, yes. I tried to do this once, but gave up because it was really uncomfortable. Go to a gamestop or another EB and get the games there. I recommend that avenue. And I suspect not all stores will accept POX games...some might wise up.

I think i'll offer my PS1 3rd party mobile monitor for a copy of the Chihuahua edition and another one.. or maybe just the chihuahua edition!

[quote name='tayaf69']looked everywhere I could on this thread, but do GBA titles have to be complete?[/QUOTE]

NO. In fact, they look at you funny if you give them complete GBA games :D. Just kidding, but they sell them all cart only so they couldn't possibly require you to trade them in complete.

[quote name='tayaf69']looked everywhere I could on this thread, but do GBA titles have to be complete?[/QUOTE]

When I asked my EB, they said all I needed was the game itself and it should be fine.

Can you trade in The GBA Video's?? I have a DragonBall Z GT one i picked up for 2 bucks off of eb and hopefully that will work. If anyone knows please let me know. :)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Can you trade in The GBA Video's?? I have a DragonBall Z GT one i picked up for 2 bucks off of eb and hopefully that will work. If anyone knows please let me know. :)[/QUOTE]

READ THE THREAD! not even a few posts up the guy talked about trading in GBA videos and it working

[quote name='Scorch']READ THE THREAD! not even a few posts up the guy talked about trading in GBA videos and it working[/QUOTE]
Scorch, you're trying to stem the tide of stupidity all on your own. Just let it go, buddy. You'll be less stressed out.

From my own luck - I've seen that with the coupon you can trade any 3 GBA games/videos (including POX). But Only With The Coupon o-o' Otherwise it's very YMMV
I must have gotten Veeeeeerrry Lucky ^_^

Anyway - I asked this before but I don't think it was answered -
If I get a copy of Nintendogs at one EB, can I exchange it at another EB? (For Advance Wars DS in this case...) Do exchanges at EB work from one game to another? I know credit can be transferred but once the game is in my hands and I have the receipt - can I exchange it for AW: DS?
[quote name='Scorch']READ THE THREAD! not even a few posts up the guy talked about trading in GBA videos and it working[/QUOTE]

LOL thats scorch for you. Dude chill out bro. You need to get laid cus you waaaay to stressed out. Good luck on that bro. I used to think you were 14 by the way you posted on the boards until another CAG told me your about 20 and that shit is just pathetic. Acting like a little kid and shit. Soooo funny.

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']From my own luck - I've seen that with the coupon you can trade any 3 GBA games/videos (including POX). But Only With The Coupon o-o' Otherwise it's very YMMV
I must have gotten Veeeeeerrry Lucky ^_^[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro. This is what CAG is about.

by the way, I suggest you print this version out. I messed with grayscale and contrast and shrunk it down 20% so that it comes out small enough so that the text isn't as obviously blurry and pixelated. it's also easier on my ink supply since it's smaller and black & white. if the employees question it I'd imagine you can say you got it via email from streetwise.

I hope no one gets a very fastidious EB employee - what they did with my coupon was act surprised that I had acquired it, I told them that Streetwise e-mailed it out, and seeing that it was printed (how else would you get a coupon off the 'net?) simply typed in the numbers. No barcode scanning or anything! =)

[quote name='sanjuro']by the way, I suggest you print this version out. I messed with grayscale and contrast and shrunk it down 20% so that it comes out small enough so that the text isn't as obviously blurry and pixelated. it's also easier on my ink supply since it's smaller and black & white. if the employees question it I'd imagine you can say you got it via email from streetwise.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']bah, i just called EB to try to switch one of my pre-orders of Nintendogs over to Advance Wars DS, but the guy said because i used the trade-in promo, i couldn't use the credit for anything besides Nintendogs. so with a little begging, he said to come in tomorrow and talk to him, cause he's the manager or something.

so does anyone have any tips on what i can say to convince him to switch one of my pre-order over?[/QUOTE]

I guess the "didn't know they weren't different games" angle is good.

To others, don't attempt this over the phone . . . its easier for them to bullshit you.

Also don't ask them "IF" they will do it (like they're doing you a favor). Just go in and say you want to transfer (or return) Ndogs and pick up something else.

I transferred one of mine to We Love Katamari this past week but returns or cancelling a preorder appears to be somewhat YMMV. You won't know until you do it.

Alright people, is it possible for me to get this deal if I have these games? Trying to use $0 out of my pocket and I got these to work with...

Golden Sun
Yu-Gi-Oh! Eternal Duelist Souls
Pokèmon Ruby
Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories
Final Fantasy Tatics Advance
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Board Traverler
Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Board Traverler

Basically, thats my GBA list, I can trade in Destiny Board Traveler and Eternal Duelist Soul, thats only 2, I'd trade in a second board traveler but they don't accept doubles I think.

T.T

You fool! Giga, those are really good games, at least, IMO, Golden Sun, Pokemon, Kingdon Hearts, and FF 1 and 2 are really good. I guess since they are RPGs you're entitled to be done with them past a point, but seriously...some people are saying even excluded games are working, so maybe you should buy some cheap POX games?

Your teh fool unless you read my post :D I said thats my list and how its virtually impossible to trade in 3 of those games without giving up 1 good game. (I don't want to give up a good game so I was wondering if I can work this out to a win/win situation)

Print out a copy of the coupon and then go pick up a copy of Iridion 3-D, and voila!

[quote name='Gigamaster89']Your teh fool unless you read my post :D I said thats my list and how its virtually impossible to trade in 3 of those games without giving up 1 good game. (I don't want to give up a good game so I was wondering if I can work this out to a win/win situation)[/QUOTE]

Yep - that's what I'm going to try to do for AW tomorrow =\
[quote name='schultzed']Also don't ask them "IF" they will do it (like they're doing you a favor). Just go in and say you want to transfer (or return) Ndogs and pick up something else.[/QUOTE]

So from what i have been reading, cancelling or returning a pre-order game like this is YMMV? And the only way most likely is to ask them to switch the credit to another game? Meh, I just want the credit for now. Does the receipt/transaction in their computers specifically say it is a promo deal?

I was in my local eb games tonight and I asked if they had recieved AW or Nintendogs and they said they would have them first thing in the morning.

I also find it weird that some people got taxed when preordering nintendogs. I didn't.

[quote name='Technique']
I also find it weird that some people got taxed when preordering nintendogs. I didn't.[/QUOTE]

I think it all depends on laws in your state. From my experience, if the value of a coupon is greater than/equal to your purchase, its considered a pretax deduction, so the taxable value is zero. Other areas may not do this. I didn't get taxed on my GT4 trade-in, and when I went to Best Buy this weekend with my $90 off memory + installation coupon, I got a $59.99 stick of RAM and $29.00 installation for $0.00.

I've already preordered a copy of Nintendogs, but now that the coupon is out, I'd like to get a second copy for my girlfriend. Only problem is, the game is out today and the coupon says "Free Nintendogs when you preorder..."
Anyone know if this will work on just a regular purchase of the game?

Probably - The expiration date on the coupon most likely trumps the preorder deal - especially since the coupons were released what - 6 days before the game was released?

[quote name='masterh']I've already preordered a copy of Nintendogs, but now that the coupon is out, I'd like to get a second copy for my girlfriend. Only problem is, the game is out today and the coupon says "Free Nintendogs when you preorder..."
Anyone know if this will work on just a regular purchase of the game?[/QUOTE]

I just did this and they were great about it. They honored the sept 5th date but had a bit o toruble scanning in the coupon so i just told her the promotion code was #3901 and it worked. Thanks CAG.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']So from what i have been reading, cancelling or returning a pre-order game like this is YMMV? And the only way most likely is to ask them to switch the credit to another game? Meh, I just want the credit for now. Does the receipt/transaction in their computers specifically say it is a promo deal?[/QUOTE]

This seems to be the YMMV part . . . do some stores actually track that information or not? I haven't seen a conclusive answer.

Not to be confrontational, but I would suggest going and saying you want to switch the credit from Ndogs to your Edge card. If they say you can't do it because it was a tradein, bluff and say you think you put the credit there from something else . . . for him to prove that it was from a tradein deal. In this case, don't flash your receipt but make it look it up via your phone number and see if he has the origin of the credit listed.

One other thing that can make a difference for anybody returning an Ndogs or cancelling. If you got in on the original 3 for deal (the first week) they adjusted the games manually to $10 and my receipt doesn't show the original trade values. On the later 4 for deal, my receipt shows a game's non-deal value.

If your receipt only shows the adjusted value ($10 on the 3 for) then they would have to give you the $29.99 back. The later deals, YMMV, but stores that give you trouble will offer to give you back what the games would have been worth as listed on your receipt. So, $4-7 instead of $30.

I picked up my coppy today... The guy had two calls one for Advance Wars and another for Nintendogs and he didnt have even enough to fill preorders. He had told me he had 130+ preorders at his store alone.

I was shocked that this game is doing this good with basically very little advertisement.

I was walking around in Meijers a few days ago and this 22 year old or so kid was playing Nintendogs and telling his freinds to come check out this 'cool little dog'.. They were all not the stereo typical looking DS owners... I found that impressive.

[quote name='Snake2715']I picked up my coppy today... The guy had two calls one for Advance Wars and another for Nintendogs and he didnt have even enough to fill preorders. He had told me he had 130+ preorders at his store alone.

I was shocked that this game is doing this good with basically very little advertisement.

I was walking around in Meijers a few days ago and this 22 year old or so kid was playing Nintendogs and telling his freinds to come check out this 'cool little dog'.. They were all not the stereo typical looking DS owners... I found that impressive.[/QUOTE]

Heh heh, I was just going to post in here and ask if anyone had picked up their preorder at EB today, and indeed you have! Thanks!

The 2 EBGames I preordered at don't get the game till tomorrow so i'm going to have to wait...

Edit: I got a call from one of them, so I will be getting Daschund today!

[quote name='encendido5']The EBGames I preordered at don't get the game till tomorrow so i'm going to have to wait...[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Well I guess I'll have to suck it up and call my EB to see if it is really in or not. Thanks!

I used the coupon at my local EB and they told me that they weren't going to honor. After a little begging, I got them to scan and got the deal 3 for Nintendogs. I was told that they were going to call the DM this morning and if there was a problem they were going to give me my GBA games back.

[quote name='Follandboy']I used the coupon at my local EB and they told me that they weren't going to honor. After a little begging, I got them to scan and got the deal 3 for Nintendogs. I was told that they were going to call the DM this morning and if there was a problem they were going to give me my GBA games back.[/QUOTE]

something similar happenned to my brother. Yesterday, he went to use the coupon and the cashier had a WTF? face on and he goes where did you get this? So my brother said the internet. They took the coupon and I heard them say they were going to send it to DM. So i wonder if this coupon is real, since the employees didn't know about (but they always dont know stuff) the coupon?

I had two copies pre-ordered at my local EB - one using the 4 GBA offer and one paid full in cash. at first he wasn't going to let me use the coupon because he didn't have any more copies of Nintendogs to sell. I used the trade in three GBA to get the Nintendogs copy that I paid for for free then swung the cash preorder amount towards Advance Wars DS so alls well that ends well. I was surprised that they had no more copies left to sell.

At the Gamestop that I went to on my way to EB (to pick up 3 $5 GBA title to trade in) there was a mother buying all her kids copies of the game and the manager said they would be sold out soon.

Who knew?

I did get two Lunch bags for pre-ordering though, they had one for every reserved copy which was nice.

[quote name='sanjuro']if you use the coupon, ANY game will work, even POX and GBA Videos.[/QUOTE]

GBA Videos work regardless. They aren't POX, I know from experience :D

So the coupon on the first page is good to use? I printed it out, but I'm worried about them not honoring the coupon. Is the 3901 code the same as the coupon?

bread's done
Back