Feedback
48 (100%)
Comes out July 20th. $17.49 on Amazon

on sale at amazon for preorder for $17.49

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003G9IT32/tvshowsondvdcom

source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Courage-Cowardly-Dog-Season-1/13573

CourageCowardlyDog_S1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, that's pretty awesome. I loved this show. Thanks for the info OP, I might actually be in for one of these.

Holy shit. I thought this would never happen. Hopefully they release all four seasons. Courage the Cowardly Dog is a fantastic show.

[quote name='Razzuel']Holy shit. I thought this would never happen. Hopefully they release all four seasons. Courage the Cowardly Dog is a fantastic show.[/QUOTE]

100% agree

Woo! Now I can have a box to go with the set I was forced to make myself from the re-airs on Cartoon Network (until they stopped entirely).

Hall of Fame is suppose to be an ongoing line of DVDs but only if they sells well. It also worth mentioning the Johnny Bravo will be release June 15th. I will not picking up Courage, however, I will be picking up Johnny Bravo.

Source: TVshowsonDVD

If Dexter makes in the line, I will be picking that as well. With that in mind, what shows would you like to see?

Coooooooooooooo! I've seen a few episodes on CN and fell in love with this show, this is a buy for me. Thanks for the heads up human.

[quote name='Strell']Release all of these and the rest of Ed Edd and Eddy.[/QUOTE]

The remains of Ed, Ed, N Eddy should be released in their own original line of DVD they were being released in. Unfortunately, Warner Bros. stated in a Live chat with Home Theatre that "there aren't plans for E, E & E at this time."

[quote name='MortalKombat2007']The remains of Ed, Ed, N Eddy should be released in their own original line of DVD they were being released in. Unfortunately, Warner Bros. stated in a Live chat with Home Theatre that "there aren't plans for E, E & E at this time."[/QUOTE]

So this means no more season releases?

Also, I've been....naaauuuughtyyyyy

3419260095_bc137c21ec.jpg

[quote name='Strell']

Also, I've been....naaauuuughtyyyyy

[/QUOTE]
Just when I'd thought I'd gotten that creepy guy's voice out of my head.

First Bravo and now Courage. Cool.

I know its a bit of a stretch, but I'm hoping the more obscure Cartoon Cartoons get a limited release as well. I'd love to own Sheep in the Big City on DVD.

oh god i used to LOVE watching these old cartoon network shows!!! but coward the cowardly dog was never really my cup of tea. I would watch it sometimes because there were no other good cartoons on. Really excited to see if some of these come to netflix streaming. now that would be fucking awesome

So im guessing that since these are coming from Warner, its gonna be on real dvd, not like the shows Amazon sells on DVD+R's, right?

[quote name='urmomlikesme']oh god i used to LOVE watching these old cartoon network shows!!! but coward the cowardly dog was never really my cup of tea. I would watch it sometimes because there were no other good cartoons on. Really excited to see if some of these come to netflix streaming. now that would be fucking awesome[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Ed Edd n' Eddy and Dexter's Lab were always my personal faves. The thing with Cartoon Cartoons though was that you couldn't go wrong with any of them, just varying degrees of right.

[quote name='Bezerker']So im guessing that since these are coming from Warner, its gonna be on real dvd, not like the shows Amazon sells on DVD+R's, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, these are official. Sidenote: Courage was always my top favorite cartoon (tied with Invader Zim.) I'm buying this right when it comes out to support the releases of the rest of Courage as well as other Cartoon Network classic shows.

[quote name='Broken Scout']First Bravo and now Courage. Cool.

I know its a bit of a stretch, but I'm hoping the more obscure Cartoon Cartoons get a limited release as well. I'd love to own Sheep in the Big City on DVD.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention 2 Stupid Dogs and SWAT Kats

If you want other old cartoon network shows on DVD I'd recomend buying both the courage and Bravo sets even if u just give them away as gifts. The guy in the chat pretty much said Dexter and other clasic cartoon network shows coming to dvd depend on the sales of the first 2 hall of fame releases which are these 2 sets.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Not to mention 2 Stupid Dogs and SWAT Kats[/QUOTE]

Those are Hanna-Barbara cartoons. Neither Johnny Bravo and Courage are Hanna-Barbara cartoons, despite they co-produced Dexter's Laboratory. Don't expect their cartoons in this series of DVDs.

However, the good news is that Warner is looking into Hanna-Barbara cartoons, but I think their always doing that since there's so many of them. Warners didn't really comment much on SWAT Kats, just the Hanna-Barbara brand as a whole.

(WarnerBros) Re: SWAT Kats - we continue to evaluate the Hanna Barbera classic animation library and will certainly keep your enthusiasm in mind.

Enthusiasm seem to reflect Warners well. Keep that in mind if you ever talk to their reps in anyway.

Warners said no plan for 2 Stupid Dogs. I can't seem to find the quote though, but I know it's there.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']No blu? Bah!

M[/QUOTE]

Well , i am pretty sure it was made in 4:3 ratio so blu version would have weird ratio.

[quote name='Earmuffin585']Well , i am pretty sure it was made in 4:3 ratio so blu version would have weird ratio.[/QUOTE]

It could still be 4:3 and on a bluray . . .

[quote name='theflicker']It could still be 4:3 and on a bluray . . .[/QUOTE]

Courage, Ed, and some PPGs (all the newer shows as well) that air repeats have been converted to air in HD (Wide as well). The ratios don't look off--- so there SHOULD be no issue if they wanted to put it on Blu.

[quote name='Sonic9jct']I found both this and season 2 at a walgreens for $5 each. Didn't hesitate to buy em for a second.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?! How long ago was this?

[quote name='mike.m']I'm all over this! What the hell is it with CN not putting all of its good cartoons on dvd season sets?[/QUOTE]

It's about money. When season sets don't sell, Warners will stop making related DVDs, and just leave a series incomplete of season sets.
It's sad really. It proves Warners don't show any passion of their DVD projects.

[quote name='YoungE808']Seriously?! How long ago was this?[/QUOTE]

This was last summer, I believe. This Walgreens right otuside my neighborhood had an odd influx of Cartoon Network DVDs. But only about one copy of each. I went in one day, saw both of these Ed Edd n Eddy DVDs and ran back home to get $10 so I could buy them right away. Good choice.

Wallace & Gromitt and Courage the Cowardly Dog are very similar, and awesome. I will probally buy season one to show support. Bring on season 2, 3 and 4!

20 days til release! mine is pre-ordered at amazon (with the guarantee that if the price gets lower between now and july 20th, I get the lowest price it ever gets down to)

bread's done
Back