Crackdown 2 $40 @ GS.com

thedream77

CAGiversary!
Just did this, so it works.

Ok, Crackdown 2 hit $40 today (9/3) on GS's site. It's also $40 at a couple other places too. Looks like a temporary sale though, not a permanent price reduction. This price should run on the GS site until 9/9.

Plus, some buggy DLC was just released on Xbox live yesterday, which hopefully will be fixed by the time the game arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
By saying "with coupon" in the title, you imply that there is a coupon that ANYONE can use, not just one you earned from a previous promotion.

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to say it in a few words in the title, anyway the preceding does work if you possess a $10 coupon from a previous GS promotion, which is probably a reasonable assumption for many CAGs.

What's odd is that the $40 price is online only according to website, although the weekly ad would lead one to believe the $40 price is in store.

Very cool I have a $10 coupon from the UFC 2010 sweepstakes that I haven't used yet. Plus with the Toy Box DLC being released for this game I think $30 is good enough. Especially since it's been out for almost 2 months. A good game to play before Halo Reach comes out =P

Tempting, I have $60 in GS credit, but I think I will have to pass. I have a hunch that given a few more months, this will be down to ~$20

[quote name='Master Troll']Crackdown 2 becomes $34 new with the NEXT15 code used at checkout.[/QUOTE]

Now this is tempting..

I have credit to burn. Is this a game that is worth $34?

[quote name='joshnorm']Now this is tempting..

I have credit to burn. Is this a game that is worth $34?[/QUOTE]
I played the game after buying it for the $60 MSRP. The game isnt worth $60 but is easily worth it at $35 especially if you have some friends and the new Toy Box DLC.

The thread title is dumb. It's like he's assuming we don't know how much $10 off is.

Kinda tempting, but it's still $29.99 used at Family Video..

[quote name='Master Troll']Crackdown 2 becomes $34 new with the NEXT15 code used at checkout.[/QUOTE]

Save your $10 coupons for something cheaper. This.

This is not a universal price drop on the MSRP, just checked Best Buy, wal-mart, target and k-mart and it's still 59.99 at those locations, looks like its just a temporary sale, that amazon matched like they normally do.

Thanks! $34 is getting better still...

What do people think of this? I loved Crackdown 1-to date it's the only open world style game I almost completely like (though I haven't played Infamous yet).

But it sounds like they broke one of the things that made Crackdown 1 so fun, didn't do anything new-it's just the same setting again-and the graphics aren't even as good-rushed textures and stuff.

So...I still want to try it, but...

It's not universal ... just a sale that's being matched by several retailers at the same time. Wish it was, as $25 is around what I'd like to pay, if not less.

I preordered this game, it was shipped, I read the reviews, returned to sender. Just not enough in this game to warrant even a $40 price to me.

This one I'll wait until it drops to $20. Don't get me wrong, I'll love playing it when I get it for that price because I loved Crackdown. But games drop in price pretty fast these days and $40-60 is a bit much for such a flawed game. Flawed games cost no more than $20 or I don't buy them.

I wish this price drop--similar to the one that happened to Alan Wake--would be permanent, which would drive the price of the used version down significantly. Then again, I can wait. I'm patient. I've a lot of backlog anyway.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks! $34 is getting better still...

What do people think of this? I loved Crackdown 1-to date it's the only open world style game I almost completely like (though I haven't played Infamous yet).

But it sounds like they broke one of the things that made Crackdown 1 so fun, didn't do anything new-it's just the same setting again-and the graphics aren't even as good-rushed textures and stuff.

So...I still want to try it, but...[/QUOTE]
Try it! Like I posted earlier, its not too big on story but its a really great sandbox. Additionally the new DLC will feel like a free roam create-your own-experience game. Just make sure you have some friends that are willing to play it with you which makes it a lot better. At $34 it's a good time to jump on it. Bit of caution though as by the time you get the game Reach will probably be out.

Is it disappointing though since I already played/loved Crackdown 1? It sounded like the Giant Bomb guys thought you might actually like it less if you've played the first one, since it's so much the same thing, but apparently worse.

Still...I have buckets of credit at Gamestop :whistle2:D

i like this game and i liked the first one. it's all about having realistic expectations in life.

hype is retarded

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is it disappointing though since I already played/loved Crackdown 1? It sounded like the Giant Bomb guys thought you might actually like it less if you've played the first one, since it's so much the same thing, but apparently worse.

Still...I have buckets of credit at Gamestop :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]
I played a lot of Crackdown 1 but the only thing I can say now is that your experience in Crackdown 2 is only what you make of it. Reviews are sometimes biased because this guy here doesn't enjoy the game while you on the other hand pick the game up and absolutely love it. One or two opinions shouldn't shy you away from trying something.

[quote name='Master Troll']I played a lot of Crackdown 1 but the only thing I can say now is that your experience in Crackdown 2 is only what you make of it. Reviews are sometimes biased because this guy here doesn't enjoy the game while you on the other hand pick the game up and absolutely love it. One or two opinions shouldn't shy you away from trying something.[/QUOTE]

But what if it's virtually everyone's opinion and only one or two opinions are actually trying to convince you its worth it? ;)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is it disappointing though since I already played/loved Crackdown 1? It sounded like the Giant Bomb guys thought you might actually like it less if you've played the first one, since it's so much the same thing, but apparently worse.

Still...I have buckets of credit at Gamestop :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Yes. Crackdown 1 was awesome. This one's just... Shit.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']But what if it's virtually everyone's opinion and only one or two opinions are actually trying to convince you its worth it? ;)[/QUOTE]
Eh. It's only what you make of it.

i loved crackdown 1 and i wanted this but i wsnt gonna pay $60 for it...got it for $35 new and im loving it...totally worth it and i got the dlc preview that lets u use most of the items and its really fun especially toybox spawning everything and the jet pack boots that keep you in the air forever..im gonna deff buy the dlc...

[quote name='Master Troll']Eh. It's only what you make of it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']i loved crackdown 1 and i wanted this but i wsnt gonna pay $60 for it...got it for $35 new and im loving it...totally worth it and i got the dlc preview that lets u use most of the items and its really fun especially toybox spawning everything and the jet pack boots that keep you in the air forever..im gonna deff buy the dlc...[/QUOTE]

Okay, so how does it compare to the first one? I mean it sounds like the Giant Bomb guys didn't HATE it, they just though it was the same thing again, only without the cool element of picking off underlings to make going after the big guy easier...how fun it was and the true open nature is why it's the only open world game I totally get behind. Like I like Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, but mostly for the story and get annoyed with both long before I slog through to the end. Crackdown I wanted more when it ended :whistle2:D

I'm tipping towards the "buying it" side of the fence thanks to your coupon Master Troll (uh...is that sort of ironic, given you're the total opposite of a troll here LOL)

This game really seems to be a love/hate deal for most people. The thing is, everyone can try the demo and make a decision if the game is "worth it". For me, the game is worth $30, which is what I paid: $40 less $10 GS coupon. The lowest this will probably ever go is $20, at least for the next year at least. I'm happy paying $30 and having it now.....

There's a demo? I never saw that. The Crackdown 1 demo wasn't that great though necessarily, while the full game was awesome. Eh, I'm leaning towards getting it. $34 of play money isn't bad for a sequel to a game I really like.

jumped on this since so new of game loved the first one and he demo. Had a $10 coupon and $15 GC so only paid a few bucks. The used game shows up for $10 more on the GS website also, strange. Thnx.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
I'm tipping towards the "buying it" side of the fence thanks to your coupon Master Troll (uh...is that sort of ironic, given you're the total opposite of a troll here LOL)[/QUOTE]
Ha I get that all the time. I like the name because of the persona it brings when people see it, but I'm really not a bad guy.

But that can't be combined with any $10 coupon codes though, right?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks! $34 is getting better still...

So...I still want to try it, but...[/QUOTE]

I strongly advise against buying it. I loved Crackdown 1, and despised Crackdown 2. They eliminated all of the charm and logic, and replaced it with repetitiveness and then more repetitiveness. I got it from Goozex, beat it in about four hours, and then mailed it out again. I'd recommend renting it.

bread's done
Back