Crackdown (360) $2.10 + $8 shipping @ Amazon In Stock. Sold by Express Distributor

A better deal would be to mention that Amazon Warehouse has 34 copies of Crackdown for 7.49 and that is eligible for FSSS.

[quote name='LuisRM']Thanks for the post. If you can, edit the subject it to add the $7.99 shipping. People will want to know.[/QUOTE]Fixed that for you.

Unless it's shipping internationally, where is the justification for $7.99 shipping? You can stick it in a 25 cent bubble mailer and send it first class for $3 or less

[quote name='spmahn']Unless it's shipping internationally, where is the justification for $7.99 shipping? You can stick it in a 25 cent bubble mailer and send it first class for $3 or less[/QUOTE]

I guess it's the same thing they do on Ebay -- make the profit on exorbitant shipping.

$8 shipping is a disgrace. It costs < $2 to ship a game 1st class with the USPS. Are Amazon affiliates turning into Ebay?

[quote name='spmahn']Unless it's shipping internationally, where is the justification for $7.99 shipping? You can stick it in a 25 cent bubble mailer and send it first class for $3 or less[/QUOTE]
please tell me where you're buying 25 cent bubble mailers

Look, who cares if $8 shipping is justified. Of course it doesn't cost $8 to ship. It's just a marketing item. If they put $10.10 w/ free shipping, does that make the deal any better or worse?

Just add the two together and decide if it's a good deal. It's pretty simple.

[quote name='heybtbm']$8 shipping is a disgrace. It costs < $2 to ship a game 1st class with the USPS. Are Amazon affiliates turning into Ebay?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a few are. For a while Dark Sector was showing up for like $1.90 with an outrageous $10.99 shipping. I only remember that because I was laughing since I remembered buying my sealed copy at a "car boot sale" in a church parking lot for $8 from an old copy who "won it on their computer".

yeah i was gonna post this when i saw it about a month ago but thought ppl would bitch about the shipping so didnt bother...its a fun game either way PLUS it comes w/ access to the halo 3 beta.!!!! lol

You always want to avoid low price items with high shipping charges.
If something goes wrong, you are likely to get refunded with the item's price and not the shipping charge. You might be able to get the shipping charge if you fight for it, but you technically have nothing to defend yourself with.

[quote name='Brother Daz']please tell me where you're buying 25 cent bubble mailers[/QUOTE]

If you buy the in bulk on eBay, you can get them for about that, or at least you used to be able to, I haven't checked lately.

They only do this because then they get more of the profit, instead of Amazon taking commission on $10, they only can take it on $2. It's common sense people...

[quote name='sag375']They only do this because then they get more of the profit, instead of Amazon taking commission on $10, they only can take it on $2. It's common sense people...[/QUOTE]

It's still a douche move as it's shady advertising. Even if it just a wasted few clicks instead of a tank of gas.

But the fact is that if any of us, as non-partners, decided to unload an original XBox or whatever on amazon, we'd have to obey by the $3.99 shipping fee. These guys should have to do so as well.

I'll admit, I'd be more relaxed about this issue if amazon finetuned their search options, worked to merge the double/triple listings of identical products and generally just worked to keep a cleaner site.

I hate the sellers like this on amazon. There are lots of games, good games for $1 $2 and $3 dollars but then its 9.99 shipping. they need to be honest with us and themselves

I will rarely, if ever, buy from sellers who do this (on ebay as well). No matter what they say they are trying to deceive people...not cool. Even if the price evens out to about the same, or a little less then others, I'll still buy from people who are just up front about pricing.

bread's done
Back