Crackdown Getting Busy pack now half price on XBLM

I bought the pack when it was released because I loved Crackdown so much. The harpoon gun makes this worth $5 alone..

wowwww crackdown...havent picked that one up in a while. its really good to. thanks ill definitly dl this. got mo' points from the doritios thing.

Thanks OP. Picking it up. Had my eye on this for awhile.

* Side Note. Seriously thinking about picking up a Monkey or Lab avatar pet too. I never thought I'd buy Avatar stuff. Should have known I was opening a dangerous door when I bought the pom-poms.

Just picked up a copy for $1 at a Gamecrazy 80% off sale. Might as well supplement it. DLC more expensive than the game, interesting.

can the DLC be used for single player during the campaign mode? I figure the online community is dead so I don't want to get DLC that is for online only.

[quote name='KingDox']can the DLC be used for single player during the campaign mode? I figure the online community is dead so I don't want to get DLC that is for online only.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use it during the main campaign.

just checking - so this isn't a DotW? will get this as well, got a copy of Crackdown lying abouts somewhere i think :p

edit: yeh looks like it's a permanent drop. it's been reported since 1st of the month.

[quote name='Donnums']I bought the pack when it was released because I loved Crackdown so much. The harpoon gun makes this worth $5 alone..[/QUOTE]
Here here (or is it 'hear hear'? I never know). Really fun game and a solid expansion.

[quote name='Donnums']The harpoon gun makes this worth $5 alone..[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Getting the "Body Armor" achievement was very much worth it when I started driving around with 5 gang members harpooned to my car. Words cannot describe the awesomeness of watching the bodies move in the wind as I speed down the road. Then one got too close to a vehicle that I passed, and fell off (or was dismembered, I forget which).

I loved this pack when I bought it last year. I actually thought the street racing was the most fun, but the buggie, the harpoon gun, etc. were fun too.

I actually got some of the DLC achievements (Body Armor and the new side mission achievement) playing online with a friend of mine who has this pack (I downloaded the free version).

I do hope this is the start of a trend with reducing the prices of old DLC. It would give me some hope for the digital distribution of content, if the prices aren't completely static.

FYI you can download crackdown now so you should be able to install the game now as well. I haven't personally tested it myself. I haven't really wanted to play it recently because it couldn't be installed, my 360 is kind of tucked in with a lot of other game systems so the heat's a problem and I HATE the disc drive's sound. So freaking loud.

Have 400 points left on my account, definitely going to get this now that I can play the game too. Sweet. Never actually played very much, it was one of the first games I got with my 360 last december.

[quote name='Skydude']
I do hope this is the start of a trend with reducing the prices of old DLC. It would give me some hope for the digital distribution of content, if the prices aren't completely static.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that!

[quote name='Vortextk']FYI you can download crackdown now so you should be able to install the game now as well. I haven't personally tested it myself. I haven't really wanted to play it recently because it couldn't be installed, my 360 is kind of tucked in with a lot of other game systems so the heat's a problem and I HATE the disc drive's sound. So freaking loud.

Have 400 points left on my account, definitely going to get this now that I can play the game too. Sweet. Never actually played very much, it was one of the first games I got with my 360 last december.[/QUOTE]
yeah they released the patch last month

[quote name='speedracer']I believe it was 800.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I own Crackdown, but haven't played it, yet (I can say this about most of my console and PC games, though). Yet, I'm seriously considering dropping 400 points on it. What is wrong with me?

It's a great pack... only downside, it makes things a lot easier. The batmobile-like tank car shoots endless missles, for instance. But it's a helluva lot of fun.

[quote name='gorgo']It's a great pack... only downside, it makes things a lot easier. The batmobile-like tank car shoots endless missles, for instance. But it's a helluva lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Remembering that I haven't played the game, yet, do you have to use such items while playing the game, or are they strictly optional? I don't want the game to be too easy to play. :)

[quote name='Mysterio']Remembering that I haven't played the game, yet, do you have to use such items while playing the game, or are they strictly optional? I don't want the game to be too easy to play. :)[/QUOTE]

Optional. You can choose your guns and rides from the starting point of the game, you can still choose the standard Agency car over the Super-Badass car.

[quote name='Skydude']I do hope this is the start of a trend with reducing the prices of old DLC. It would give me some hope for the digital distribution of content, if the prices aren't completely static.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xhonzi']Amen to that![/QUOTE]
Second that.

[quote name='speedracer']I believe it was 800.[/QUOTE]

Whoops. Unless the title of the thread was updated after I asked, I get the dunce award.

[quote name='gorgo']It's a great pack... only downside, it makes things a lot easier. The batmobile-like tank car shoots endless missles, for instance. But it's a helluva lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PR Mega X']Optional. You can choose your guns and rides from the starting point of the game, you can still choose the standard Agency car over the Super-Badass car.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for the info. I decided to purchase it, because I'm weak.

Is the "Getting Busy" pack include all the DLC for the game? When I first purchased the game, didn't hear very good feedback regarding the DLC.

Wouldn't mind buying a cheap copy for my brother to try the co-op with. I picked it up at Target a few years back for $9.98 and it's one of my favorite games.

Does anyone know if the dlc is usable online through co-op for people who haven't bought it?

I have a friend who would probably play it again but I doubt they will want to use 400 Microsoft points on it.

[quote name='SmartassConsumer']Does anyone know if the dlc is usable online through co-op for people who haven't bought it?

I have a friend who would probably play it again but I doubt they will want to use 400 Microsoft points on it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they'll be able to access it playing co-op with you. They'll even be able to get some of the DLC-specific achievements, but not all.

[quote name='KingDox']can the DLC be used for single player during the campaign mode? I figure the online community is dead so I don't want to get DLC that is for online only.[/QUOTE]
The online community isn't so dead, actually. I play every once in a while and still have people join in on my game.

I don't think you can do the racing challenges if you don't have the DLC, but otherwise, if you have a friend who bought it, you can use the guns and vehicles, and get the other achievements from it. I admit it was fun driving around the stunt car. I may drop $4 on it (which is how I think of it since I got a 4000 point card at microcenter for $40) at some point.

bread's done
Back