Crackdown NEW for $6.51 (360)

Jurassic425

CAGiversary!
Just saw this while browsing through the clearance games, normally $29.99. Amazon is the seller so shipping is free with Prime or orders over $25. There was a thread a a couple days ago about Crackdown 2, but this is for the original. I really don't know enough about this game to pick it up, especially considering games I have recently bought/will be buying soon.

Anyone think this game is a must play for $6.51?

http://www.amazon.com/Crackdown-Xbo..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1319045160&sr=1-1

I bought this for $6.99 at Gamestop USED. it's pretty friggin addictive. and this is coming from a guy that never plays sandbox games. That's an awesome price considering it's brand new.

fully upgrade driving and you get the batmobile with miniguns attached. I highly recommend it. Open world crimefighting -palooza.

Yes yes yes. Excellent game, one of my favorites on the 360. The second one was such a ridiculous let down, but the first is great.

Sounds good enough that I might bite on this. What is the multiplayer like? Is it co-op, or what? Also how active is it? I'd assume it's mostly dead since the game came out in 2007.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Sounds good enough that I might bite on this. What is the multiplayer like? Is it co-op, or what? Also how active is it? I'd assume it's mostly dead since the game came out in 2007.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much get up to 3(3?) other people and roam around the city in a force of angry people. I haven't tried online in about a year or more now, but at this price, just tell your mates to buy a copy or two as well!

[quote name='AgentW']It's pretty much get up to 3(3?) other people and roam around the city in a force of angry people. I haven't tried online in about a year or more now, but at this price, just tell your mates to buy a copy or two as well![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm just skeptical about games that make me wish I could have the time I spent on the returned to me, lol. I bought Assassin's Creed a while back for $8 used, and I wish I could have my $8 and time back. Reading reviews of Crackdown many say it is repetitive. That was my main issue with AC, so I'm hesitant to pick this up. But I posted it for the benefit of others who might be interested.

This game was a blast to play back in the day! I actually finished it about three times. Highly recommend it. Now the second one... I haven't heard too many good things about it.

Bit on it. It'll stay sealed on my shelf until I'm really bored one day. Even a couple hours of fun from it should make it worth the price.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Not worth it, may as well pay the extra $3 and get the sequel. Exact same game except with more shit to kill and more weapons.[/QUOTE]

you'd be the first person I know that said that...

[quote name='Jurassic425']Bit on it. It'll stay sealed on my shelf until I'm really bored one day. Even a couple hours of fun from it should make it worth the price.[/QUOTE]

trust us. this is not a story campaign game that you just finish in a couple of hours. it's a really huge open world sandbox. just exploring the world can take hours. and once you start upgrading your character, you'll feel like a superhero. this game has a verticality that very few games have.

a cool thing about the co-op is how easy it is to drop in and out. you could be playing and one of your friends just drops into the game. no setup, no lobby, etc. gears of war 3 is kind of like that (how it defaults to open party and people can drop in and out without setup).

Picked up a used copy for $4.49. Thanks OP!
After reading all the crap going down in the BB trade thread, this post makes me happy. This is what CAG should be about: Great games at a great price that would have been missed otherwise!

Couldn't help myself. Bought it. Had some credit left over so I got it for "free". Not a bad deal...of course, I'll end up playing it in a couple of months since I'm going to be busy with all the fall releases (and Skyrim is gonna be in my 360 for pretty much the next 6 months after it comes out...)

Thanks!

[quote name='Fonz72']Picked up a used copy for $4.49. Thanks OP!
After reading all the crap going down in the BB trade thread, this post makes me happy. This is what CAG should be about: Great games at a great price that would have been missed otherwise![/QUOTE]

No problem man, and I agree 100% with your words in red. Do you know how many more deals would be posted if people didn't have to worry about getting flamed for posting a deal that "isn't that good" or has already been posted? Honestly I often hesitate to post deals because the members here can be bigger jerks than any other forum I am on. I understand that its frustrating when the same deals/lame deals are posted over and over, because it drowns out other threads. However there's no reason to argue or make people feel bad.

I'm glad that several of you benefited from this deal, even though its just an okay one. When someone takes the time to be selfless and post a deal, there is absolutely no reason to crap on them for it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Not worth it, may as well pay the extra $3 and get the sequel. Exact same game except with more shit to kill and more weapons.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely loved Crackdown. It was one of the few games that pushed me over the edge to get a 360. But I tried the demo of Crackdown 2 and thought it was awful. I actually thought this thread was for Crackdown 2, and was wondering if it was even worth it at $6.51.

[quote name='looploop']Is the sequel really not worth playing if I liked Crackdown1? I'm still tempted by the 9.99 deal on gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I can't make a judgment of Crackdown 2 because I avoided it because people told me to. Yeah, that might be unfair but I'm a cheap ass gamer. :)

from the reviews, it looks like Crackdown 2 is not a bad game but got faulted for seeming like it was just DLC for Crackdown.

the best part about crackdown 2 appears to be 4 player co-op (crackdown 1 only has 2). and you get to see Pacific City torn down instead of normal like in the original game.

[quote name='psyphris']Also, Amazon is selling it USED Like New (from Amazon) for $4.49.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I went the used route. Saved $2 and I figure I have a better chance and getting a non-PH version since I'd assume the new copies are PH.

Bundled it with Left 4 Dead and L4D2. $36 after tax for all 3!

[quote name='looploop']Is the sequel really not worth playing if I liked Crackdown1? I'm still tempted by the 9.99 deal on gamefly.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dirtyvu']Honestly, I can't make a judgment of Crackdown 2 because I avoided it because people told me to. Yeah, that might be unfair but I'm a cheap ass gamer. :)

from the reviews, it looks like Crackdown 2 is not a bad game but got faulted for seeming like it was just DLC for Crackdown.

the best part about crackdown 2 appears to be 4 player co-op (crackdown 1 only has 2). and you get to see Pacific City torn down instead of normal like in the original game.[/QUOTE]

From the reviews I read, Crackdown 2 takes everything that was great in the original, but adds problems that weren't in the original. So overall you might enjoy Crackdown 2 because it has those elements you already enjoy, but it isn't as good.

I haven't played the game though, so I could be totally off. Like I said this was just my impression from the reviews I read last year and just skimmed from Metacritic right now because I was wondering the same thing.

In Crackdown 2 I can use a helicopter's blades for wholesale zombie slaughter (I'm talking full on genocide, hundreds of zombies a minute). Crackdown 1 I can beat up gang members.

Crackdown 2 > Crackdown 1, but you really only need to own one of them.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']if you don't have it, this is a good price. it's a fun game. only game that makes me woozy from jumping off of buildings. fun multiplayer too[/QUOTE]

Me too, it's one of the only games that I actually cringe while I'm jumping.

bread's done
Back