cracks in DVD centers

DuelLadyS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've noticed recently, much to my displeasure, that my Kodocha DVD has a group of lil' cracks around the center hole of the discs. My FMA vol. 5 looks to be getting the same cracks soon. I have 2 other discs with these center cracks (FLCL 1 and Fruba 3), and always assumed it was poot treatment from peple I lent them to. Seeing as how I haven't let out FMA or Kodocha, now I'm not so sure... at the very least, it's not bad enough to prevent the discs from playing.

Anybody else have this happen? What causes it? Should I get new DVD cases or am I taking them out of the case wrong somehow?

Is there any way to fix the cracking? In not, anybody know where I can get cheap used disc-only anime to replace the discs?

I've noticed this on my DVDs before. I think its from the center button being too tight. It's never spread enough to prevent them from playing.

I just noticed this with one of my Led Zepelin DVDs. I usually play my DVDs in my Xbox so I hope this is not a problem with the Xbox.

I'm gonna do some experimenting- name moving FMA 5 into a CD case and finding some old disc I don't need (probably Steamboy preview or an AOL sample) to stick in the FMA case and take out once a day or so.

If the test disc cracks, I know I should buy new cases.

This happend to a few of my sons dvds (spongebob get alot of use in this house) a little dab of super glue over the cracks works great. just dont put too much on.

It always makes me cringe a bit when I'm pulling a DVD out of a case where the center button doesn't want to let go and the DVD bends a little. Such an expensive little piece of plastic.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']It always makes me cringe a bit when I'm pulling a DVD out of a case where the center button doesn't want to let go and the DVD bends a little. Such an expensive little piece of plastic.[/QUOTE]

Yep I know that feeling. I hate when I do that and it only does it when the dvd or game is new.

You could probably use just a tiny bit of clear finger nail polish on the center cracks to stop them from going further.

A while ago I bought a used GameCube game from EBgames.com and the disc has cracked center.

Another time I tried to replace a broken DVD case with another one. And it turned out that the center hub on the new DVD case was bigger than the old one. So big that when I pushed down the disc into the hub, it cracked the center.

Those are my 2 encounters with cracked center of the disc.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']It always makes me cringe a bit when I'm pulling a DVD out of a case where the center button doesn't want to let go and the DVD bends a little. Such an expensive little piece of plastic.[/QUOTE]

The annoying thing is that it is usually plain ignorance on the part of the manufacturer. There are case disc holder designs that work perfectly, like Playstation 2 cases, but some companies like to use cases that hold the disc like super glue.

[quote name='Puzznic']The annoying thing is that it is usually plain ignorance on the part of the manufacturer. There are case disc holder designs that work perfectly, like Playstation 2 cases, but some companies like to use cases that hold the disc like super glue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what the fuck is up with the newer cheap-ass xbox cases with that big fucking squarish shaped piece of plastic in the center?? It sucks!!

bread's done
Back