Craigslist china-spam bullshit

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!
I have to wade through this every flippin time I go on there. Always.

6dx46u.jpg

They've been scamming people all over the US left and right and yet craigslist does nothing to hammer down these clowns.

I see craigslist dying a slow death.

http://cyberaxis.wordpress.com/2009...relectronic-classifieds-for-chinese-websites/

Craigslist will never die simply because it's free. And they simply don't care about these mass scammers otherwise they would've done something by now.

picture1go.png

LOL So you're pissed off because you actually have to WORK to find a deal on CL, OP?:lol::lol::lol:

As an occasional seller on there, the only bullshit that aggravates me are the fucktards who can't understand what FIRM means when I'm already giving $50-60 or a decent percentage off on something I'm selling.

Just recently I had a Gamestop gift/EDGE card with $200 in credit on it up there for $160(20% off). I had someone reply asking for another $20-60 off that amount.

I essentially told him to pound sand in a return email and he had the nerve to reply back that I 'didn't have to be such a dick about it'.

Sorry, but when I'm selling something and I list FIRM or 'somewhat negotiable', somewhat negotiable doesn't mean take another 40% off the price.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Craigslist will never die simply because it's free. [/QUOTE]
There was a WIRED Magazine article a few months back that brought up Craigslist and how their business practices should lead them to bankruptcy. They don't compete, they don't advertise, they don't upgrade, they don't expand, and yet they are still #1.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL So you're pissed off because you actually have to WORK to find a deal on CL, OP?:lol::lol::lol:

As an occasional seller on there, the only bullshit that aggravates me are the fucktards who can't understand what FIRM means when I'm already giving $50-60 or a decent percentage off on something I'm selling.

Just recently I had a Gamestop gift/EDGE card with $200 in credit on it up there for $160(20% off). I had someone reply asking for another $20-60 off that amount.

I essentially told him to pound sand in a return email and he had the nerve to reply back that I 'didn't have to be such a dick about it'.

Sorry, but when I'm selling something and I list FIRM or 'somewhat negotiable', somewhat negotiable doesn't mean take another 40% off the price.[/QUOTE]

This is why I always post my prices a bit higher than what I want and then allow the person to haggle me down to my price.

Or they just buy the item at my original price.

Win Win.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As an occasional seller on there, the only bullshit that aggravates me are the fucktards who can't understand what FIRM means when I'm already giving $50-60 or a decent percentage off on something I'm selling.[/QUOTE]

I like the people who ask if you still have the item, and after you respond yes, you never hear from them again. It's especially funny when they e-mail you from their work address that tells you exactly who they are.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I like the people who ask if you still have the item, and after you respond yes, you never hear from them again. It's especially funny when they e-mail you from their work address that tells you exactly who they are.[/QUOTE]

These folks are the foundation of Craigslist along with the sellers that just don't get back to you when you offer to buy something or inquire about something when they ask you to e-mail for more details with no reply :)

[quote name='FOnewearl']These folks are the foundation of Craigslist along with the sellers that just don't get back to you when you offer to buy something or inquire about something when they ask you to e-mail for more details with no reply :)[/QUOTE]

That's the thing with me though, is that I ALWAYS post enough info so people can make a decision whether or not they want the item and I still get shmucks asking me questions about it. Now I understand why 70-80% of the ads are 'blah blah blah for sale, inquire for details', since some idiots don't READ the damned ads before replying.

[quote name='darkslime']Hey IATCG if you still have that $200 GS credit I'll buy it for 160[/QUOTE]

You're about a day too late, as I bought a 360 Elite yesterday at Gamestop with the $321 in credit I had during their $50 bonus gift card program, though I'm still debating if I wanna keep it or not at this point. So it may be available again sometime soon.:D I'm just too leery of the 360 to keep it, I think. I don't wanna buy a game and have the 360 get one lil bump n it starts scratching discs from then on out.

A spambot responded to one of my ads and since the subject line said #ORIGINAL# (what the hell is that even supposed to mean?) I knew what I was going to get:

Hey there,

I have a few questions

Please let me know.

Talk to you soon
And then a second e-mail from a completely different address, also with #ORIGINAL#:

Hey,

Do you still have it?

I am really interested.

Thanks alot
I'm guessing you respond and thus they have your address to spam.

Probably all e-mails that inquire about your CL item without any specific reference to your posting is a spambot.

I can't even count the number of people who I get responding anymore from mobile devices, where the responses are teeny tiny and they keep spamming you with their cell # to 'call them'. I don't call anyone who I haven't known for a looooooong time on their phone.

The most recent one is a guy from my area(supposedly) who gave me his cell #....from Kentucky.

I mean, I guess it's a pita to switch numbers if you move, but I'm not about to make a long distance phone call to discuss things that can be discussed over e-mail.

Thus far the guy doesn't seem like a flake, but we shall see. He's supposed to be buying the 360 Elite I bought the other day for $250 from GS for $225. If he flakes though, the 360 goes back to GS soon after the failed attempt to sell it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I can't even count the number of people who I get responding anymore from mobile devices, where the responses are teeny tiny and they keep spamming you with their cell # to 'call them'. I don't call anyone who I haven't known for a looooooong time on their phone.[/QUOTE]

I know it's slightly different then the situration your talking about but the last 3 ads I e-mailed I didn't get a reply back while the last 3 ads that left a number awnsered the phone or got back to me when I left a message.

Has we all know using a keyboard and/or a computer is too much trouble for the average Craigslister unlike us forum like geeks :D

Edit - I just remembered I replied to 4 ads on Craigslist by e-mail over the last month and the one did get back to me to say I was too late so instead of 3 with no replies it was 4 with 1 reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an item sold from under me just last night and found out this morning after chasing the guy down, as usual neogtiation of the deal suddenly stopped and only after nagging for an answer I get "sold last night sorry". Twas a good deal that i really would like to have had. Sold it while ignoring my emails. Could have went to get it but guy mentioned to wait a few days. Ugh.

bread's done
Back