Craigslist: Is this a good deal?

rayee6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So this guy is wiling to sell me Xenosaga 1,2,3 for $45. All games comes complete with case, disc and booklet. Is this a good deal?

[quote name='rayee6']So this guy is wiling to sell me Xenosaga 1,2,3 for $45. All games comes complete with case, disc and booklet. Is this a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Well, in terms of how much it goes for on ebay, you're getting a "deal". I would also check to see what condition the games are in (NM, mint, scratched, etc.?) and whether they are GH or original releases (the first reached GH status, not sure if the 2nd ever did).

The cream of the crop is really Xenosaga III -- the game was under-printed and is considered "rare". It tends to fetch $30 alone (fluctuates based on the condition, of course).

A complete copy of Xenosaga 3 alone sells for $45 on ebay. I'd say it is a fair deal assuming everything is in good condition.

Can you just buy the Xenosaga III from him? I think I and II are fairly common. A brand new copy of Xenosaga II (non-GH) is $4.99 at GS if you can find them.

$45 for all 3 Xenosaga games is a decent deal if the discs are in really good condition, especially for Xenosaga III. I was super lucky to find a used one at GS for $19.99 awhile ago.

Avg. deal at best. Xenosaga II and III are literally 3 and $5 at gamestop. If you want the games you aren't overpaying, but you aren't getting some sort of massive steal.

[quote name='schuerm26']Avg. deal at best. Xenosaga II and III are literally 3 and $5 at gamestop. If you want the games you aren't overpaying, but you aren't getting some sort of massive steal.[/QUOTE]

You mean Xenosaga I and II are easily available and cheap. Xenosaga III is not.

This is a series that may rise in value over time, presuming you have all three, they're in NM condition and possibly if you have the original black label releases. Of course, GQD could reprint them and drive prices down but given how late in the PS2 cycle we're in now, I don't see GQD reprinting these.

Xenosaga III isn't readily available but why pay $45 for them all when you can just keep checking gamestop.com and probably within 2 weeks or so get it for $19 at Gamestop and Xenosaga I and II for $8 at literally every gamestop.

Now since I just saw this person is in Canada, maybe that is a good deal. I can't comment I guess on the prices in Canada. In regards to the states, Is it stupid for him to pay it? No. Is it an awesome deal? No.

[quote name='schuerm26']Xenosaga III isn't readily available but why pay $45 for them all when you can just keep checking gamestop.com and probably within 2 weeks or so get it for $19 at Gamestop and Xenosaga I and II for $8 at literally every gamestop.

Now since I just saw this person is in Canada, maybe that is a good deal. I can't comment I guess on the prices in Canada. In regards to the states, Is it stupid for him to pay it? No. Is it an awesome deal? No.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed all 3 of them from a local gamestop, all in one stop. The other 2 GS within a 15 mile radius also have copies of 1/2 avail but not 3. If you haven't checked, go to gamestop.com real quick and see if any pop up in your area (results are not always correct and do not tell you if it is complete so going to the store is still the best option for you)

I have III available in my area. That is my point. In the states you can check and it WILL pop up fairly often at Gamestop for $19.99. You just might have to drive a little bit. Now the original person asking is in Canada. I can't speak of how it is there.

[quote name='schuerm26']I have III available in my area. That is my point. In the states you can check and it WILL pop up fairly often at Gamestop for $19.99. You just might have to drive a little bit. Now the original person asking is in Canada. I can't speak of how it is there.[/QUOTE]

True, true. However, you may find it tough to find black label versions of the game. That, and depending on the condition of the game discs, you might want to pay the premium to get them in better condition (presuming the discs in your deal are mint). Of course, you may want to factor in the time spent driving to multiple Gamestops and looking them up online, too. Opportunity costs, my friend :)

bread's done
Back